In Earnest

A webseries based on The Importance of Being Earnest

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
In Earnest

Post by Catspaw »

I've been meaning to post this thread for a long time and finally thought of it at the right time today! I know that there are some webseries fans out there, and In Earnest is one of the best, in my humble yet obviously correct opinion. :yes:

If you like Oscar Wilde's play "The Importance of Being Earnest" (or just like watching the Colin Firth movie version) you are probably going to love the series, like me! \:D/ If you like funny stuff and could stand a little bit of silliness that comes from the source material and appreciate having characters develop real depth missing from the source material, this is definitely for you! It's really well done, and I highly recommend it.

Click here to link to the playlist on Youtube. For those unfamiliar with webseries, this is a Youtube show based on a classic play that was put on the internet by the creators for free on purpose, so there are no copyright concerns here. This show is complete, so you can marathon the whole thing, plus a couple of awesome (and clean) blooper reels. No waiting! \:D/

My suggestion is to watch the first two episodes before deciding whether to continue watching or not. The first episode didn't totally grab me when I first started watching (back when it started a few months ago) but the second one pulled me right in.

Episode 1:

Episode 2: