Twenty One Pilots

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
GJ
Pilgrim

Twenty One Pilots

Post by GJ »

Are there members of the Skeleton Clique on here?

Twenty One Pilots fans unite! We can discuss lyrics, shows, eras or do anything related to Twenty One Pilots.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Yes.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I was really into TOP right around when Vessel came out. I remember being floored by most of that record. I was pretty impressed with Blurryface too, but I'll be the first to admit: I'm freaking sick of that album.

However, as sick as I am of it, I'm happy to see fairly creative music being listened to by mainstream audiences. It gives me hope for the future of pop music.
he/him | a little stinker.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Thank you SirWhit and Steve for commenting! :)

I pretty much love every album of theirs, Twenty One Pilots is what I listen to most though I'm pleased with Blurry Face. The negative feedback from older fans is a bit annoying to be honest. Also, Steve, I see what you mean. Perhaps it's the state of the world :boohoo: or the depression we've fallen into, punk and emo music seem to have gained quite a bit of popularity in the last decade. It's interesting really.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I like the darker, electronic sound of Blurryface, but Vessel is good tune-out-the-world music. If that makes sense. It also has a more consistent sound and energy level than Blurryface, in my opinion.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Hmm...that's true. Blurryface seems to be...bolder...I feel as if the metaphors are more pronounced than previous albums and the lyrics easier to understand. I'm not trying to say this meaning Blurryface is inferior, it seems as a desperate album though, as if Tyler Joseph lost a little reserve. :-k
Though since gaining popularity with the mainstream, TOP has been able to reach more people with their testaments. And that is a good thing. :)
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

As a person who was only recently introduced to the band, I have to say I do enjoy Blurryface for it's electronic sound.

That is the only constructive thing I have to say. 8-)
Yo
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Mariogeek wrote:As a person who was only recently introduced to the band, I have to say I do enjoy Blurryface for it's electronic sound.

Ah that's fine, Blurryface is amazing. =D>
What's your favourite song from the album?
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

GJFH wrote:
Mariogeek wrote:As a person who was only recently introduced to the band, I have to say I do enjoy Blurryface for it's electronic sound.

Ah that's fine, Blurryface is amazing. =D>
What's your favourite song from the album?
I think my favorite songs are Blurryface, The Judge, We Don't Believe What's On T.V., and Message Man.
Yo
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Blurryface isn't a song...

You might be thinking of Heavydirtysoul or Stressed Out.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

SirWhit wrote:Blurryface isn't a song...

You might be thinking of Heavydirtysoul or Stressed Out.
Mm.
Heavydirtysoul and Goner are my favourites from the album. The first of the two I've finally mastered the rap for. I love the message given, about the facçade we wear and attemp to keep though we're suffering inside. And that Tyler Joseph realised, it was stiffening and robbing people of their ability to think clearly. Rather then act stoic and cool in society's eyes, we should be more open. =D>