Father Gilbert

Dead Air

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Father Gilbert

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Has anyone heard Father Gilbert: Dead Air? What did you think of it? I personally was very impressed with the way it was handled (especially considering the kind of noncommittal approach taken in Odyssey). The issue of demon possession was presented from both sides, and the listener was allowed to either believe or discredit 'Legion' as being a demon or not, although it's clear that the writers leaned more towards the side of him being an actual demon.

'Healing' was also very good as far as this is concerned. Has anyone heard either episode?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I happen to be listening to it right now.
It's kinda wierd..
...I hate marquees.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

It's a good show. Certainly not for children, but it really makes you think.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Ooh...scary episode. I don't listen to it much because it is so scary. But, it is good, even though it is scary.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I've heard both of those episodes... I LOVE Dead Air. It's definitely my favorite Father Gilbert (though we listened to The Play's the Thing today, and it's a very close race for 1st now).

Funny story? Right after my sister and I finished listening to Dead Air (like, the end music was still playing), I found a tape with my name on it.
:shock:

(Oops... not supposed to be here! Must go back to reading and relaxing! ;)

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

lol, that is funny, Mandy!

I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of Album #3, but I may have to wait a while as my church/school library doesn't have it yet.

Anyone heard the Silver Cord?
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Yes, I have heard The Silver Cord. It was quite an enjoyable show, IMO. Not too intense or scary, but not too light.

Dave
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I heard it and I thought that it was very good. I cannot wait to get it on CD.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I really really like Dead Air... :D but have heard it only once in my Radio Theatre listenings...:sad:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I really liked "Dead Air." :) The show was reasonable with the way they handled stuff and I didn't find it too strange. I recorded it off the internet and burned it onto a CD. I wish they were doing podcasts at the time (several months ago) because then I wouldn't have the gaps and faulty sound that I have in my recordings! #-o

I've also heard "The Play's the Thing." That was fine. :)

When I heard "The Silver Cord" was airing, I was eager to hear it. Having now heard it, I can say that it was a bit more confusing to me. I can believe that people having near-death experiences can see and experience some interesting things. But the idea of Father Gilbert's mom being aware of what another person was going through surprised me. It's not that I don't believe that can happen... I just don't associate it with a near-death experience. Nor do I understand about the man (can't remember his name) also seeing Louis Gilbert, Sr. :-k Oh well, maybe I just need to listen again.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I've gotten all three of my brothers and my grandmother hooked on Father Gilbert. I have to keep rechecking the CDs out so they all get to hear them!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Yeah, I think the Father Gilbert episodes have broad appeal. I honestly can't think why anyone over twelve would not enjoy at least one of the nine episodes. They're really well done!

Dave
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I really enjoyed Dead Air. It's probably the best one I've heard.

I love Radio Theatre.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Ditto, it's my favorite.
...I hate marquees.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Chandler wrote:
When I heard "The Silver Cord" was airing, I was eager to hear it. Having now heard it, I can say that it was a bit more confusing to me. I can believe that people having near-death experiences can see and experience some interesting things. But the idea of Father Gilbert's mom being aware of what another person was going through surprised me. It's not that I don't believe that can happen... I just don't associate it with a near-death experience. Nor do I understand about the man (can't remember his name) also seeing Louis Gilbert, Sr. :-k Oh well, maybe I just need to listen again.
Unfortunatly, only half of "The Silver Cord" is still listed at Oneplace.com. You don't have to have a link or something for the first part, do you? I'd like to listent to it.

I've always been a fan of Father Gilbert since the very first episodes.

BC
map
Found

Post by map »

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

map wrote:Here's a link to the first one.
http://podcasting.oneplace.com/anc/ffr/ffr20050709.mp3
I already sent him both shows, but I haven't heard back from him so I don't know if they worked. :-k
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

The new Father Gilbert is going to be great! Shadowpaw has the info at www.aiosf.com :

-king shasta
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

The silver cord was good but not scray at all

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Dead Air was one of the best ones yet, I like the "Semi-Scary" one like Dead Air, and the Grey Lady.