NaNoWriMo

It's that time of year again.

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Hey, when are we supposed to be in places?
Yari--Lowen, get in your place already! We're starting in two hours, I don't have time for this!

If anyone happens to want to read the highly rambly and space operay results from last year... they can be found here.
I'd appreciate feedback.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

*attempts to give feedback*

*Dies of loss of air due to excessive laughing*

I LOVE your characters.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I might be motivated to write up a character correspondence chart between NaNo04 and Romance, if people asked. But.
>_> Thanks for the feedback. ...*snaps fingers* *plothole opens* Sorry, have to go finish prepping Xander's entry scene! *falls through*
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:Hey, when are we supposed to be in places?
Yari--Lowen, get in your place already! We're starting in two hours, I don't have time for this!

If anyone happens to want to read the highly rambly and space operay results from last year... they can be found here.
I'd appreciate feedback.

I read about a page, it's good, it makes me want to do it.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I'm going to do it, although I probably won't make it past the 50,000...
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Lol! Sonuna, that is possibly one of the most awesome things I have ever read. :D

EDIT: This: it would take a lot of effort to build a castle out of chocolate- chip cookie dough. It would in fact be a lot easier to build a giant chocolate- chip cookie dough transforming ray type thing, and then build a castle, point the ray at it, fire it, and transform an already built one.

is going in the siggy on another board if you don't mind. :pray:
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

That's definitely among my favorite lines, as well... >_> Just credit?

...Okay, I haven't even started yet. Why must my plots always be so hard to start for whatever reason? ...'s odd...
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

:D Yay! I am a famous and quoted author!
...or something...

226/1667 for today...
"The fangs of the staple remover glittered in the early morning light coming through the window, looking vaguely menacing. And, in context, almost as if they had happened to injure the person who was slumped on the desk in front of it, his head currently resting on the desk and his hands underneath it on some form of keyboard.
In a single smooth motion, he returned to an upright sitting position in his chair. And in another he actually returned his head to an upright position."

...My Liu Bei character works some sort of desk job, apparently.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I hope that you win. \:D/ \:D/ Wouldn't it be cool if you did?

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Approximately 4100/50000. ^_^ COT, you really should consider it. You'd be amazed at how much you can write in a short amount of time if you're in a hurry. And plot ninjas are allowed.

Current Status:
Rak(Main character #1) left his spiffy blaster in his room. Poor Rak. He would've been able to beat up those sword(or bow)-toting people if he'd brought it along. Arynn (MC #2) encounters the overly hackneyed moment of realization about something. Hey, it's NaNo...I can do all the brutal editing in December. :anxious:
EDIT: Rak has now creeped the "Hunters" out by belting out a hearty rendition of "I'm stranded on the Self-Serve Island of the Gas Station of Love." (Word switched on purpose)

Must attract more plot bunnies. *waves carrot* Here, bunny bunny bunny...
Last edited by Elf of Rivendell on Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Ahahahaha.

Approximately 555 words written. Yeah, I know, I've got a lot more to write, but it's a start isn't it? ;)

Current Status: That foolish palace girl's run off to go play with her friends when disaster is approaching. ](*,)
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ive joined the fray.....ive written about 3.7 K worth of words....(since editing)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Do you win anything? That's worth anything? :p I mean as in money, etc.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

No. You win an unpublished, 50,000 word novel, that you can do with what you will. Burn, shoot at 50 paces, actually get published...
Oh, and NaNoEdMo is in March.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

43,000! Yay me!!!
LonelyNation
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by LonelyNation »

My sister, mum, and I are all doing it this year! :-) I crossed 50k the other day (not sure how...but, lol) but I'm not done yet. My mum is a little behind, but I'm sure she can finish!! My sister is pretty much right on track.
I've never written so much in my whole life.