DGL : Rueben get your gun....gone?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

DGL : Rueben get your gun....gone?

Post by EK »

I noticed in the DGL forums they said they discontinued season 7 because of its maturity level....why not just do a warning like DBD and Novacom did...... anyway if anyone has the links to the Rueben get your gun episode, it would be greatly appreciated by many people....
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I believe Tim Peterson has posted the first three shows of season 7 online:

http://www.spencerportbiblechurch.org/~tim/dgl/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I was pretty sad. I wanted to hear it. I like the show, and listen when I can, but when I do I post etc. while listening. I wasn't really following it, but I didn't see anything wrong with it (I can't remember at least). It was VERY sad though. ](*,)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shadowpaw wrote:I believe Tim Peterson has posted the first three shows of season 7 online:

http://www.spencerportbiblechurch.org/~tim/dgl/
Thank you Shadowpaw and Tim!
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

My, how these things get around. I never intended for that to be linked publicly, both because CBH didn't want to put them online publicly themselves, and because I didn't want to rack up too much bandwidth usage on my church's site that's being hosted basically for free.

Of course, if Mr. Revealer-of-things-he-wasn't-even-supposed-to-know Shadowpaw would like to host them himself, that's fine with me. ;-)
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Thank you both!

EDIT: How do I listen?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

They are in MP3 format, all you have to do is download the one you want to listen to and click the play button. That's what I did.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Same with me. It's really easy.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

...I must be being a doofus, but download where? It's all in text for me.
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

I've taken them offline for the moment, seeing as the people who have downloaded them already have racked up 3GB of bandwidth. I don't want to take advantage of this freeish host any more than necessary, seeing as this isn't even related to the church site itself. If someone else can host 100MB of MP3s, I'd be happy to give them the files.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

....*glares at SP* ;)
I have the hi quality of eacch ep..... so I guess I could maybe e-mail it out....
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

Or if you see me online during the day on a weekday, you can catch me on IM or PM and you can download them directly from me (since I'll be at school on a big internet connection). For example, on Mondays and Fridays there's a high probability that I'll be available all afternoon to do so.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Hmm . . . well, I could host it, as long as it's not too terribly illegal. (I mean, doesn't it still belong to the creators even though they decided not to release it? Do they have a problem with people listening to it at all, or do they just not want to be the ones responsible for its content?)

I don't really listen to DGL, but I am very intrigued that they went to the trouble of producing an entire season and then stopped airing it after the first two episodes. Wow.
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

Well, it's not too terribly illegal... just somewhat. ;-) I don't listen to DGL much either, so I don't know exactly how they feel about it. But you can host them if you like.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Tim Peterson wrote:Well, it's not too terribly illegal... just somewhat. ;-) I don't listen to DGL much either, so I don't know exactly how they feel about it. But you can host them if you like.
I'll post them here on the Town of Odyssey. We should have enough bandwidth to handle it.

EDIT: Here they are!

Now, I don't have unlimited bandwidth or anything, but I'm supposed to get about 120 gigs of transfer a month... which should be more than enough for these files.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

I just listened to them . . . I really don't understand why they didn't air the second part of that episode. By clarifying the first part, it makes the entire story far less grim than it otherwise seems. And the bits about the guy being investigated by the FBI were quite cool.

Not sure what else would have happened in this season, but I really really think they should at least have aired part 2.

Edited to add: And thank you guys for making it available :)
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

If CBH (makers of DGL) feel that they would be letting parents and maybe even God down by airing the rest of S7, is it really worth it? Yes, the second part of Ruben was quite good, but it's not worth airing it if they're going to lose more listeners.

Dave
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

THANK YOU SHADOWPAW!!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Captain Jack wrote:THANK YOU SHADOWPAW!!
Tim is the one who should be thanked ;). I just have space to spare... he went through the effort of creating the files and posting them initially on the internet ;).
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

THANK YOU TIM!!!