Linux in your webrowser

Yay!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Linux in your webrowser

Post by EK »

http://www.workspot.net/cgi/demo.cgi
Ok you may not be able to connect but eventually you will and its AWESOME! I mean how cool can an OS in your web browser be?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Pardon my ignorance, but why is this something that I want? :-k
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Linux....the open source OS.........better than windows.....influences you to get it...and its really cool!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:Linux....the open source OS.........better than windows.....influences you to get it...and its really cool!
You said it! *wishes self had a bigger hd so he could install xp, osx, and Linux on the same drive, and multi-boot*

What distro is at that link?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Wow, now that is cool. You can surf the net using it..
...I hate marquees.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

i didnt know there were any waves on the net
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Me wrote:
Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:Linux....the open source OS.........better than windows.....influences you to get it...and its really cool!
You said it! *wishes self had a bigger hd so he could install xp, osx, and Linux on the same drive, and multi-boot*

I believe its....redhat but im not sure...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yo guys, I finally got this connected and now im posting in a browser inside my browser from a different OS.....0.o bizzare eh?
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I'd like it better if I knew the root password, and I prefer IceWM to Gnome. But I do like the idea; people should know just how superior Linux is. \:D/

Did you notice that if you open a terminal, and look at top or ps -A, there is no X running? LOL!
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I still have yet to try the Linux installed on our computer.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Me wrote:

Tell me Me, How do you dualboot a OS X!?? TELL ME!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:

There are instructions to be found by doing a simple google search. Actually obtaining an x86 build of OSX, on the other hand, well........ you either have to be a developer, or know your way around certain shall we say shadier parts of the web.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

mr.whit wrote:i didnt know there were any waves on the net

Now you know and knowings half the battle.

I don't have linux and I don't know if I ever will. (Not in the near future.)

Yours Truely,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Me wrote:
Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:

There are instructions to be found by doing a simple google search. Actually obtaining an x86 build of OSX, on the other hand, well........ you either have to be a developer, or know your way around certain shall we say shadier parts of the web.
Yeah I know there was something out their in the shadows, I never took the time to look. I didn't know there were such things as x86 builds of OS X. That is very interesting, and I might endeavor to search and apply it to my computer... :D:D
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Catspaw wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but why is this something that I want? :-k
dito
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:
Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:

Yeah I know there was something out their in the shadows, I never took the time to look. I didn't know there were such things as x86 builds of OS X. That is very interesting, and I might endeavor to search and apply it to my computer... :D:D
Apparently Apple has had one working for years, in preparation to switch to the x86 architecture in the next few years. According to test results, high end PC can run it way faster than any G5. So fast, in fact, that it can actually emulate a G5 at full G5 speeds.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Me wrote:
Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:
Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:

Apparently Apple has had one working for years, in preparation to switch to the x86 architecture in the next few years. According to test results, high end PC can run it way faster than any G5. So fast, in fact, that it can actually emulate a G5 at full G5 speeds.
Ooooo nice! But anyway Me, I was wondering im about to buy a Mac....could I run my Knoppix boot disc on it?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
Me wrote:
Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:
Samwise wrote:
Me wrote:

Ooooo nice! But anyway Me, I was wondering im about to buy a Mac....could I run my Knoppix boot disc on it?
Doubtful. It's compiled for the x86 architecture. You may be able to find a PowerPC distro, though.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

YellowHat is a popular PowerPC Linux, you could try that.
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

Samwise wrote:YellowHat is a popular PowerPC Linux, you could try that.
You mean YellowDog? :-s
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy