What browser do you use?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What browser do you use?

Firefox
47%
Internet Explorer
41%
Safari
6%
Other
6%

Total votes: 32

Me
An original

Post by Me »

Well, whatever sails your proverbial whale, but in defence of Firefox, it can do all that too.

Fully skinable, can automatically check your email, adblocking extensions that actually work, etc.
strife286
Tallying up

Post by strife286 »

I like my firefox...
Image :inlove:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Me wrote:Well, whatever sails your proverbial whale, but in defence of Firefox, it can do all that too.

Fully skinable, can automatically check your email, adblocking extensions that actually work, etc.
Actully my IE adblocking works just as good as the FF one.. :-k
...I hate marquees.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

But does your addblock script autoupdate?
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

J-man wrote:
Me wrote:Well, whatever sails your proverbial whale, but in defence of Firefox, it can do all that too.

Actully my IE adblocking works just as good as the FF one.. :-k
Have you used FF and adblock long enough to truly grasp its power? */ads/* w00t!

I use adblock a lot for avatars too. :-
Shadowpaw wrote:Internet Explorer. Firefox is way too slow for me and IE's never let me down. Aside from tabbed browsing, there's nothing about Firefox I desire and won't sacrifice speed for tabbed browsing (which is in IE 7.0 anyway).
No offense, but your software setup must be quite "unique" for IE to be faster than Firefox. I assume you have spyware/virus protection, because if you don't IE probably has let you down whether you know it(yet) or not. ;)
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I use IE. :neener:
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

i've found that safari works faster than anything on mac.
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

LarryTheCow wrote:No offense, but your software setup must be quite "unique" for IE to be faster than Firefox. I assume you have spyware/virus protection, because if you don't IE probably has let you down whether you know it(yet) or not. ;)
Haha, no offense taken ;). There's nothing unique about my software setup though. After I noticed Firefox seemed to be slower, I ran both IE and Firefox in parallel windows. Each and every time, Firefox was about a half a second slower than IE. That's not a huge difference, but the difference was noticeable and adds up over time when I'm quickly jumping from one page to another. Firefox has a large fan base, and there's clearly things that people like about it. But until IE lets me down (which it has never done), I see no reason to change.
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:Incidentally... Opera's looking more and more appealing, as they've removed the free version's built in ads.
I do like Opera alot. Nice tabs at the top, and if you exit before closing those tabs, they are saved for your next use. Which might or might not be a good thing.

I'm not thrilled with FF...if its a choice between IE and FF, I use IE.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I use different ones. Sometimes IE, Mozilla, Safari, and Camino.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I did some research, and (at least according to this site's testing), Internet Explorer is indeed faster than Firefox at everything except scripting.

Though Opera blows them both away in terms of speed. I've only used Opera briefly... maybe I should check it out again.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Eh, here Firefox loads lightning-fast and is the source of my timeripping "insane forum browsing speed" powers...

The main advantage of Opera seems to be that it doesn't use as much CPU space as IE or FF. Maybe I should use it for a while and see what happens...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

I use Firefox. Everytime I used IE at least 10 pop-ups would come up.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Count me in as another Firefox convert. My brother, who knows some computer stuff, uses IE "because it loads faster." I don't know if that's true, but it's a non-issue for me.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Shadowpaw wrote:I did some research, and (at least according to this site's testing), Internet Explorer is indeed faster than Firefox at everything except scripting.

Though Opera blows them both away in terms of speed. I've only used Opera briefly... maybe I should check it out again.
Notice the cold-start times. I noticed FF takes forever when you first load it up. ](*,)
...I hate marquees.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

J-man wrote:Notice the cold-start times. I noticed FF takes forever when you first load it up. ](*,)
Haha yes, I did notice that. Opera 9.0's cold-start time looks incredible compared to every other browser. I'm going to try Opera again when I get home tonight.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I was trying it, and it seems to load more slowly (well, ToO at least) compared to FF. ...But that's probably due soley to cache and such.

Yeah, its cold-start time is ruling... as is its CPU usage... >_>
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

I use Internet Explorer...I'm just a slave to the Microsoft beast.

I'm usually not a follower, but when it comes to browsers and $10 per post days, I "baa" just like a sheep.

***hangs head in shame***

-jolly
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*hands jolly some ToO patches*

No worries - this is like one big AA meeting, but for the ToO! Consider your time here therapy! \:D/ And cool people like all three admins here use IE - you're actually brilliant, it seems! :D
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Wether or not it's faster, I still like Firefox. In part because it is insanely customizeable, and because they are just a little upstart browser, and not M$.