Disney World

Have you gone? Tell us about your "magical memories"

Here's the place for music, YouTube related videos and other visual media that doesn't quite fit in the Harlequin Theatre.

Disney World

Postby poWerbOy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:35 pm

Have you been to Disney World/Land? Which is your favorite park? Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM?
I have been to Disney World countless times. I've never been to Disney Land in California.
My favorite park is Magic Kingdom probably. Though my favorite rides are at MGM: Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster!!!! and i've done the WHo Wants to be a Millionaire show there too-that's a lot of fun....
If you've been to Disney, tell about your experiences and your favorite rides... and if you haven't tell if you'd like to go and what you'd like to see.
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
poWerbOy

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby AIOfan11 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:42 pm

Well, I have never been. I don't really know much about it, so I don't know where I would want to go. Sorry! O:)
Younger than you
AIOfan11

Postby HarlowRoxMySox » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:52 pm

My first roller coaster was Space Mountain. Big mistake. It was four years before I ever ventured on a roller coaster again. Though I love them now.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
I love the ToO!
HarlowRoxMySox

Postby JesusFreak777 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:06 pm

I love love love love love Disnewland/world. I've been to Disneyland a bunch and world in 2000. Favorite ride of all time is thunder mountain railroad. california screamin and rockin rollar coaster tie for second
The Council is GREAT!
JesusFreak777

figuring everything out - YAY

Cash on hand: 67.18
Bank: 578.00

Postby Larry The Pickle » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:16 am

Where's CC? She should have some stories to tell!

I have never been there, but I don't really want to go. I would MUCH rather go to Orlando theme parks.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
Larry The Pickle

Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Postby poWerbOy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:07 pm

Jman 009 wrote:Where's CC? She should have some stories to tell!

I have never been there, but I don't really want to go. I would MUCH rather go to Orlando theme parks.

who?
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
poWerbOy

Postby Me » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:31 pm

I have never been there. I have, on the other hand, been to six flags. It was great fun. Wish I'd had time to go on more rides.
Waiting for the dreaded 6666
Me

Cash on hand: 0.01
Bank: 0.00

Postby Laura Ingalls » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 pm

Never been to Disneyland...only Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion.
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Half Pint
Half Pint
Laura Ingalls

Happily married to Almanzo

Cash on hand: 432.86
Bank: 80.45

Postby beka8910 » Sun May 01, 2005 7:53 am

I've been to both Disneyland and Dinseyworld. I don't know which is my favorite. I couldn't pick a favorite ride either. I just really like both places. :D :D
Catspaw knows all
beka8910

Postby dancer02248 » Sun May 01, 2005 2:05 pm

i went to the one in florida don't know wether that's land or world... anyway, i was really little and i wanted to go on every ride with my family (i'm the youngest) and we went on Alien Adventure or whatever it's called and i was SOOOOOOO scared. Also we went on the tower of terror lik a million times in a row :mad: I loved it
I love the \:D/ smiley
dancer02248

Postby Larry The Pickle » Sun May 01, 2005 4:54 pm

poWerbOy wrote:
Jman 009 wrote:Where's CC? She should have some stories to tell!

who?

Christian Cowgirl
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
Larry The Pickle

Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Postby Chandler » Mon May 02, 2005 1:12 am

I've been to Disneyland and California Adventure.

The good rides at Disneyland are Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It's not a very impressive bunch really... Space Mountain is in the dark so you can't see where you're going too well but I've been on better coasters. Big Thunder has had it's share of problems including at least one death. Matterhorn is a fun little ride but be careful when you're going through the one dark section... the track suddenly bears the other direction and can give you quite the whiplash. Splash Mountain is a flume ride. That kind of ride is generally popular in amusements parks. I was quite surprised when going down the drop to see it ended into dry land... and relieved when we ducked under the land and came out safely on the other side. Indiana Jones is a great ride for the motion but the scenery is judged best by personal tastes. There's a lot of it but you might not like it.

If you like tamer rides, big names, and heavy theming in rides, attractions, and shows... go to Disneyland. If you prefer roller coasters and more extreme rides, save your money and go elsewhere.

California Adventure didn't really have that much during my trip there... I guess part of the attraction is the shows but I only sat through one video presentation and it was politically correct. There is a raft ride with a couple drops, a very fun and long roller coaster called California Screamin' and a terrific experience about the state of California called Soarin' over California (guess they don't believe in g's on the ends of gerunds). Other than that... there's a jerky "wild mouse" coaster and a disappointing freefall called the Maliboomer. They've built the Tower of Terror since I was there so I can't say what that ride is like.

As you may be able to tell, I like "big" rides. :) Disneyland and California Adventure are not that appealing to me but I can understand that many people like what they have to offer.
Chandler

mosenergetika.ru

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Postby Thursday Next » Mon May 02, 2005 6:24 pm

I've been to Disneyworld and I really don't have a favourite part of the park. However I one thing I will always remember is singing in front of Space Mountain with the choir from church. It was fun.
Catspaw knows all
Thursday Next

Cash on hand: 3.00

Postby Bandit Squirrel » Mon May 02, 2005 7:08 pm

I have never been to Disneyland/world or any other place like that, for that matter.
I guess I'll stick around
Bandit Squirrel

Postby Jonathan » Sun May 08, 2005 12:42 am

When my band went to LA we spent a day at DisneyLand, and the tickets we had were good except the days we were in CA. Once we got in, me and my friends got stuck in the black hole known as Tomorrow Land. Six hours later we realized we had a lot more park to explore.

-Jonathan
Dungeon Master
Jonathan

Cash on hand: 65.80
Bank: 933.17

Postby Chandler » Sun May 08, 2005 12:43 am

Jonathan wrote:When my band went to LA we spent a day at DisneyLand, and the tickets we had were good except the days we were in CA. Once we got in, me and my friends got stuck in the black hole known as Tomorrow Land. Six hours later we realized we had a lot more park to explore.

-Jonathan

:lol: What did you guys spend all your time doing in Tomorrow Land? :-k
Chandler

mosenergetika.ru

Postby Jonathan » Sun May 08, 2005 12:53 am

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:When my band went to LA we spent a day at DisneyLand, and the tickets we had were good except the days we were in CA. Once we got in, me and my friends got stuck in the black hole known as Tomorrow Land. Six hours later we realized we had a lot more park to explore.

-Jonathan

I'm not sure :-s We felt kinda stupid after that, and used the last two hours the best we could.

-Jonathan
Dungeon Master
Jonathan

Postby Chandler » Sun May 08, 2005 12:58 am

Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:

-Jonathan

I'm not sure :-s We felt kinda stupid after that, and used the last two hours the best we could.

-Jonathan

Riding the rocket ride over and over? :lol:
Chandler

mosenergetika.ru

Postby Jonathan » Sun May 08, 2005 1:02 am

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:

-Jonathan

-Jonathan

Riding the rocket ride over and over? :lol:

There was a rocket ride?

To be honest, that day is a bit blurry. I do remember playing cards at some point though :anxious:
Dungeon Master
Jonathan

Postby mr. mellow » Sun May 08, 2005 10:53 pm

Chandler wrote: Big Thunder has had it's share of problems including at least one death.

My friend was at Disney Land at the time this happened. His dad wanted to go on the Big thunder but his Mom wanted to go on the pirate ship. since the ship was on its last sail they decided to go on the ship. later they found out that if they hadn't gone on the ship they would have been on the coaster when it derailed :mad: isn't that crazy? I mean if his mom didn't insist they go on the ship they prolly would have been seriously injured or killed :bolt:
Image [img]
Catspaw knows all
mr. mellow

Next

Return to The Little Theater