RT

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:I found out today via one of my other message boards that Radio Theatre is ending next year. I called FOTF and verified the rumor. The lady I spoke to stated that money was the reason. The dramas are just too costly to produce. There are new ones coming out next year, but all non series productions are cancelled. If you are missing RT albums, buy them as soon as you can.
That is so sad! I love the RT productions! :mecry:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:I found out today via one of my other message boards that Radio Theatre is ending next year. I called FOTF and verified the rumor. The lady I spoke to stated that money was the reason. The dramas are just too costly to produce. There are new ones coming out next year, but all non series productions are cancelled. If you are missing RT albums, buy them as soon as you can.
That is so sad! I love the RT productions! :mecry:
Yes, it is sad. I can understand their reasoning though. RT is very expensive, so is AIO. I am just glad that I was not the one making the choice. Talk about difficult.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

So I know they won't be releasing any new ones but they won't even be selling the old ones? :headscratch:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

STRYPER wrote:So I know they won't be releasing any new ones but they won't even be selling the old ones? :headscratch:
I think they will still sell the old ones. My guess is that they will want to get rid of the ones they have and I would imagine that a lot of people will want them. I am sure you can still find some of them in the stores, or online. I was able to get Silas Marner on tape a couple of months back.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

My guess is that they'll phase out the older RT dramas soon. I also think that they'll probably stop airing the shows in late 2006. BTW, did anyone hear that Family Night Guy and Life on the Edge are finishing this Saturday? Another money-saving idea...

The only Radio Theatre I don't have on CD is Silas Marner. :( I have it on tape, but I would really like it on CD. It's sad to hear that I'll probably never get it.

Oh, and I believe FGIII is the final RT to be released. They will be re-releasing The Luke Reports Vol. I and Vol. 2 in the Spring of next year.

Dave
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have Silas Marner on tape also. I tried to find it on CD but could not. I would have liked to have it on CD as well.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

does this mean like amazon and other sites will stop selling them

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

crazyforjared wrote:does this mean like amazon and other sites will stop selling them
You will have trouble finding one of the RT titles, Billy Budd Sailor. I just found a used copy through Barnes and Noble. Also, if you want this particular one you will only be able to get cassette and not CD. My advice is if anyone wants any of the RT audio you had better get them now because they are disappearing fast.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Amazon gots a lot of radio theatres and good prices

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I paid $9.39 for my copy of Billy Budd. Plus I am a member of B&N's discount program.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

:(That is sad. I REALLY wanted them to air more Mitford!!:(
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Some of the actors probably would died before they got far in the book series. Some of them are quite old...

Billy Budd hard to find? That's news to me. I thought only Silas Marner, Ben-Her, and Luke Reports I-II were rare.

Dave
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dave wrote:Some of the actors probably would died before they got far in the book series. Some of them are quite old...

Billy Budd hard to find? That's news to me. I thought only Silas Marner, Ben-Her, and Luke Reports I-II were rare.

Dave
After I posted that I was able to find Billy Budd on cassette and CD. I was able to find Silas Marner on cassette but not CD. Billy Budd and the Secret Garden were the only two released RTs that I did not have.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

So does that mean they will not even air reruns?
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

After some time they will probably stop airing re-runs.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

That's why it is a good idea to buy the RTs that you do not have and/or want. Once it disappears, it is gone forever.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

How sad. :(

Does anyone have any information about the availability of Radio Theatre albums in the future? Will they keep making them to see? Will Radio Theatre keep on airing even though they're not making any more?
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

father gilbert
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds somewhat ambiguous; would a series production like Father Gilbert continue? :-k That would be wonderful!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
ACK! Just kill off AIO! *cant believe he just siad that* ;)
thats what i think

by the way my fav is Father Gilbert