The Dark Knight.

Your Favorite

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Who is the best Batman?

Michael Keaton
9%
Val Kilmer
9%
George Clooney
9%
Christian Bale
45%
Adam West
9%
Some carton character's voice
18%

Total votes: 11

COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

The Dark Knight.

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Vote for your favorite Batman and discuss why he is the best.

Yours Truly,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My favorite is Kevin Conroy from the animated series... but Bale did a great job... \:D/

I just despise the older movies, so I can't fairly rate the actors, but Adam West from the 60's was cool.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Brian wrote: but Adam West from the 60's was cool.
That's the name! I tried to remember for like five minutes and then just decided to post it. (Rather than google "Batman".)
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I have to go with Christian Bale... although, I must say, it wouldn't matter if he sucked in the role... he'd still be my favorite. For one, I haven't seen any other version of Batman (I only saw that one 'cause of you know who) and two, I love Christian Bale!

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Excellent Thread
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Bale was the best live action one. But, in my mind, Kevin Conroy will always be Batman.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I have seen the previous Batman movies and I am still waiting to see Batman Begins. From the adds though, I would have to say that Christian Bale is my favorite now. I used to watch the cartoon. (The more recent one.) And I like who ever did the voice.

Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

If you're talking about The Batman, I don't know the voice actor's name, but he's pretty good too.
An aside: The Batman vs. Dracula is a great movie. Even if you don't like the show, I recommend this movie is for all Batman fans.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I've never sat down and watched "The Batman", but I've read some reviews and such and it seems for the most part fans of the Kevin Conroy Batman series didn't like it too well... something about all the villains being given a drastic overhaul, even though they were already designed to perfection. :( But this recent Dracula one has gotten better marks so maybe they are turning things around. I just don't like seeing an animated Batman that doesn't sound like Conroy... ;)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Brian wrote:I've never sat down and watched "The Batman", but I've read some reviews and such and it seems for the most part fans of the Kevin Conroy Batman series didn't like it too well... something about all the villains being given a drastic overhaul, even though they were already designed to perfection. :( But this recent Dracula one has gotten better marks so maybe they are turning things around. I just don't like seeing an animated Batman that doesn't sound like Conroy... ;)
When I said "the more recent one" I was refering to the series previous to The Batman. I forgot about the newer one that is currently being aired. I said more recent also because there was the old animated series.

And the thing with The Batman is that they make everyone not as normal as the other series. (As normal as strange villeins can get.) They seem really our of perportion. (Maybe perportion is not the word I am looking for.) And they make Bruce Wayne look kinda weird.

One of the interesting things about it is that it shows the early days of Batman and how some of the villeins came to be. And when I heard Batman Begins announced I thought that it was kinda funny that they had just brought back the series like a year before it.

Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

That's what they usually do before or after a big movie like that opens. Batman: The Animated Series was renewed at the same time that atrocious Batman Robin movie came out. They were gonna make an animated Catwoman movie to coincide with the live-action movie, but they scraped it because the movie bombed.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Elrohir wrote:That's what they usually do before or after a big movie like that opens. Batman: The Animated Series was renewed at the same time that atrocious Batman Robin movie came out. They were gonna make an animated Catwoman movie to coincide with the live-action movie, but they scraped it because the movie bombed.
I didn't know that, but it makes sense. :anxious:

Yours Needing Sleep,
-Cowboy

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Elrohir wrote:That's what they usually do before or after a big movie like that opens. Batman: The Animated Series was renewed at the same time that atrocious Batman Robin movie came out. They were gonna make an animated Catwoman movie to coincide with the live-action movie, but they scraped it because the movie bombed.

Yours Needing Sleep,
-Cowboy
It sure does. That was a horrible movie.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Jonathan wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:

Yours Needing Sleep,
-Cowboy
It sure does. That was a horrible movie.
I never saw it. :noway:

STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Christian Bale, Christian Bale :mad:

Come on guys, he was good but not that good.

I thought Val Kilmer did the best job (obviously I'm alone in that thinking) but Adam West will always be the Caped Crusader to me.

Using Top's logic:
Brain = Top Crusader
Batman = Caped Crusader
Brian = Batman
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

STRYPER wrote:Christian Bale, Christian Bale :mad:

Come on guys, he was good but not that good.

I thought Val Kilmer did the best job (obviously I'm alone in that thinking) but Adam West will always be the Caped Crusader to me.

Using Top's logic:
Brain = Top Crusader
Batman = Caped Crusader
Brian = Batman
Funny, but I don't think so. And Map (I think that is was Map) said in another topic that she thought that Michael Keaton did the best job, so not everyone is for Christian Bale.Sorry Mandy.

Yours Crusading,
-Cowboy

Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Sorry Mandy.
Haha. What do I care? People can think what they want to think. When it comes to Hollywood, I don't care who disagrees with me.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I like Christian Bale and George Clooney, but I voted Clooney since I thought no one else would, and sure enough.....

Anyways, I hated Keaton. Or was it Kilmer. I need to watch those again. Especially Batman Begins.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Looks like Michael Keaton was the only one who didn't get a vote. Does that tell you something?

-Cowboy

STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

My mom mentioned while we were watching Batman Begins that you could see a lot of Cloony in Christian Bale. You can believe that Bruce Wayne will grow up to look like Cloony.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again