Favorite Chick Flic

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Sweet Home Alabama
You've Got Mail
Kate & Leopold
Pride & Prejudice
Emma
Persuasion
Serendipity
While You were Sleeping
The Inheritance

....etc. :p
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Princess Diaries and A Walk to Remember are the only ones i can think of right now. oh and does phantom of the opera count?
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yes!!! A Walk to Remember! That one completely slipped my mind! I love that movie! It makes me cry so bad! :cry:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have to admit that I love chick flicks! \:D/

A Walk to Remember
Ever After
Princess Diaries and PD 2
While You Were Sleeping
Princess Bride
Pride and Prejudice

And probably many, many more if I let myself get going. ;)

I liked First Daughter but I wouldn't consider it a favourite. JF, I consider Sabrina as more of a classic than a chick flick, though it is that as well. Of course, I'm influenced by the fact that I like the old one with Audrey Hepburn better than the new one with Harrison Ford. They were both enjoyable, but we're going to have to agree to disagree. ;)
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

*shudders* Chick flicks? Ack. We so need a thread about macho movies now.

-Trill, who might go start a thread about awesomely macho movies.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Catspaw wrote:I have to admit that I love chick flicks! \:D/

A Walk to Remember
Ever After
While You Were Sleeping
Princess Bride
Pride and Prejudice

I liked First Daughter but I wouldn't consider it a favourite. JF, I consider Sabrina as more of a classic than a chick flick, though it is that as well. Of course, I'm influenced by the fact that I like the old one with Audrey Hepburn better than the new one with Harrison Ford. They were both enjoyable, but we're going to have to agree to disagree. ;)
Princess Bride is not a chick flick... :noway: Andre the Giant and Rodent of Unusual Size don't perform in chick flicks... :noway:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Brian wrote: Princess Bride is not a chick flick... :noway: Andre the Giant and Rodent of Unusual Size don't perform in chick flicks... :noway:
Okay, so it isn't a stereotypical chick flick, but it's still kind of in that category. :yes:

I think that lots of movies can be made into a form of a chick flick if the right perspective is applied. I adore The Empire Strikes Back and could almost count it as a chick flick because of the parts that I like (the "good parts" version involves very little Yoda and Luke :anxious: ) because I'm focusing more on Han and Leia's relationship than how fast the Millenium Falcon goes or how awesomely cool Boba Fett apparently is. :roll:

So, by that criteria, I could count Princess Bride as a chick flick for me, but it doesn't have to be for you. O:)
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I usually avoid watching them; if I do watch one, I always avoid enjoying it much. :noway:
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Brian wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I have to admit that I love chick flicks! \:D/

A Walk to Remember
Ever After
While You Were Sleeping
Princess Bride
Pride and Prejudice

Princess Bride is not a chick flick... :noway: Andre the Giant and Rodent of Unusual Size don't perform in chick flicks... :noway:
Two comments
First. I think the sky really is falling...Catspaw just admitted to not liking a movie with Harrison Ford in it :shock:

Second THANK YOU Catspaw!!!! Brian and I spent like half an hour debating whether Princess Bride was a chick flick or not. I say it is. :noway: I think he's just too chicken to admit that he likes a chick flick ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Second THANK YOU Catspaw!!!! Brian and I spent like half an hour debating whether Princess Bride was a chick flick or not. I say it is. :noway: I think he's just too chicken to admit that he likes a chick flick ;)
I have to disagree with you, JF. :noway: While the Princess Bride is a romantic movie, that does not necessarily make it a chick flick. Chick flicks have to do with girly things, while the Princess Bride is more action adventure. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Trinarius wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:Second THANK YOU Catspaw!!!! Brian and I spent like half an hour debating whether Princess Bride was a chick flick or not. I say it is. :noway: I think he's just too chicken to admit that he likes a chick flick ;)
I have to disagree with you, JF. :noway: While the Princess Bride is a romantic movie, that does not necessarily make it a chick flick. Chick flicks have to do with girly things, while the Princess Bride is more action adventure. ;)
WRONG! :noway:

Miss congeniality is a chick flic yet it is action adventure/comedy of sorts

besides look at your bolded words. chick flicks by defenition are ROMANTIC MOVIES!! and romantic movies by defenitino are chick flicks
I rest my case
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Girls, girls, girls... :shame:

Princess Bride is not a chick flick

After all, I like it \:D/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I think Princess Bride is chick flick enough to awe the chicks (but then, just may be Cary Elwes) and macho enough to awe the men. It's the perfect balance! And as such, I think it can be titled a chick flick by girls and... whatever the guys want to call it... meh. I'm done.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Terminator 2!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

And Princess Bride is an Action/Adventure Comedy with romantic elements. But really to answer what genre a movie is, just see where it is filed at your local video stores. Princess Bride is usually action/adventure, once or twice filed under comedy... but never as a romance. :noway:
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Princess Bride's put under family or kids at my video store.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I try not to watch Chick Flicks. But does anyone here think that Wicker Park is a chick flick? cause it's not! everyone I talk to thinks it is. but it's just a thriller you wouldn't mind taking your girl to.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Brian wrote:
Catspaw wrote: I liked First Daughter but I wouldn't consider it a favourite. JF, I consider Sabrina as more of a classic than a chick flick, though it is that as well. Of course, I'm influenced by the fact that I like the old one with Audrey Hepburn better than the new one with Harrison Ford. They were both enjoyable, but we're going to have to agree to disagree. ;)
Two comments
First. I think the sky really is falling...Catspaw just admitted to not liking a movie with Harrison Ford in it :shock:

Second THANK YOU Catspaw!!!! Brian and I spent like half an hour debating whether Princess Bride was a chick flick or not. I say it is. :noway: I think he's just too chicken to admit that he likes a chick flick ;)
I didn't say that I didn't like it; I said that I liked the old one better. :noway: And those glasses were hideous, and really not doing much at all for Harrison Ford in that movie. ;)

And the debate rages on! I stand by my theory that girls can call it a chick flick if they want to, but guys don't view it as such, and therefore can call it an action/adventure movie if they prefer to do so. ;)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

STRYPER wrote:Princess Bride is not a chick flick
Mandy wrote:I think Princess Bride is chick flick enough to awe the chicks (but then, just may be Cary Elwes) and macho enough to awe the men. It's the perfect balance! And as such, I think it can be titled a chick flick by girls and... whatever the guys want to call it... meh. I'm done.
Brian wrote:Princess Bride is an Action/Adventure Comedy with romantic elements. But really to answer what genre a movie is, just see where it is filed at your local video stores. Princess Bride is usually action/adventure, once or twice filed under comedy... but never as a romance.
Mandy wrote:Princess Bride's put under family or kids at my video store.
I guess that's what makes Princess Bride one of the greatest movies of all time :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Serendipity
You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seattle

And btw.. I loved Princess Bride. But I Don't think it was a chick flick.