AIO or DGL??

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Wich do you like more?

Adventures in Odyssey
86%
Down Gilead Lane
14%

Total votes: 37

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

AIO has better voices.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
map
Found

Post by map »

I've seen DGL on Oneplace, but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I'm still so far behind in listening to AIO that I don't want to start another show yet.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

Godsballerina wrote:Do you like AIO or DGL???
i can listen to dgl once or twice, and i'm done. i've listened to all the odyssey shows at least ten times each! dgl seems to unrealistic, kind of. and their problem is they have characters, and they stick with them. aio keeps introducing new characters, and they have a lot. as i just said dgl has like a tiny little group and no new people!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

nevther never haerd of any of them
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

You've never heard of AIO or DGL? Man, you should check them out! Try www.oneplace.com to listen to them.
...I hate marquees.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

lol well I am not very interested :-k also I have slooow net which will make it to slow :noway:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, I know how slow internet can be. That's too bad that you can't listen though..
...I hate marquees.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I've only heard Down Gilead's lane once or twice, but i don't think i could ever like it more tha AIO just because I've grown up with it and have a sort of patriotic devotion to it.
AwfulWaffle81
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by AwfulWaffle81 »

Of course I prefer listening to AIO since I have listened to it since I was a little kid, but DGL is pretty good. I think they deal with more serious issues on DGL like Drinking and the consequences, and divorce. But AIO deals with serious issues from time to time too. They both are pretty cool!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

jasodia wrote:
Godsballerina wrote:Do you like AIO or DGL???
and their problem is they have characters, and they stick with them. aio keeps introducing new characters, and they have a lot.
I dunno........the show having the Morrisons as the central characters, then slowly adding a few more people from the community is the one thing that actually made me like DGL to begin with. I like (or liked as I don't listen to AIO or DGL online much and don't think DGL is on the radio here) having the opportunity to get to know the few ammount of characters well, rather than barely getting use to them, then a couple of seasons later having almost all new characters.

I remember when they first came out, I was totally against them, thinking they were trying to copy-cat AIO......then my roomate (a THer at the time) started listening, and got me to start listening, and I really started liking the show..........and a year later went out for their second auditions.......after that I was pretty much hooked on the show, however I never lost my loyalty to AIO.

I really don't think either show is "better" or "worse". They're both doing an excellent job at bringing Christian values into homes around the world via radio and the internet. They have their diffrences which make them different enough that we're not likely to hear the same exact episodes all the time on both shows........and DGL, while still intended for children, often has the "older" and "more mature" themes that you're not likely to hear on AIO.

I see no reason why people can't like both if they want to........it's like saying that a person can only watch or like one TV show out of all the choices out there.......even though I only actually like maybe all of 10 different programs on TV, I'd have a really hard time picking out the one that I liked best...........I might be able to tell you the top 5 if I gave it a lot of thought.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

I'd never heard of DGL until I read this thread. I don't think I can get it on radio here and i have s l o w internet so it wouldn't be any fun listening to it online. Besides I grew up listening to AIO so that's where my loyalty would have to lie.
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!