Father Gilbert

Dead Air and others.

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm interested, and I'm sure Chandler is, also. :) Please, do share!
Absolutely! :D Please do find them for us Dave! :pray: 7
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Okay, I've finally found the information you require...

Look for a new Father Gilbert audio collection in 2005. In episodes tentatively titled "The Silver Cord" and "Memories," Father Gilbert's mother become becomes seriously ill, triggering two different mysteries with long-lasting personal consequences.

Sounds a whole lot of fun!

Dave
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Those sound really good. I can't wait!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Sounds great!! I can not wait. Thanks Dave. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If Father Gilbert's mother is in the episodes, I wonder if his father will be back then too? George didn't seem totally heartless - if his wife was dying, I would expect him to show up for at least a little while. I wonder if the reference to visiting FG's mother with George at the end of The Play's the Thing was supposed to link in to these new ones, or if the idea for these new ones came from that ep later? I hope that they become available soon - I can't wait to find out what's going to happen!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The first thing I wondered when I saw the mention of Father Gilbert's mother was if George was coming back. They kept Louis's background a secret from him so maybe there's even more to it? :-k
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Thanks Dave! That his cool and can't wait for them.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

who is Father Gilbert?
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

AndreaMeltsner wrote:who is Father Gilbert?
The main character on a audio series,
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Just listened to "Dead Air." I think it might've been the first time I'd heard it, because I certainly didn't remember much of it at all. :-s Wow, that was an extremely interesting twist at the end. I won't spoil it for those who haven't heard it, but I absolutely loved--for a lack of a better word--what Father Gilbert did at the end. I've found myself in similar situations, and the only way out of them is through prayer. Trust me, you should never underestimate the power of prayer. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I found the ending of the show very powerful too. It was also very poignant to hear Father Gilbert's reaction.
No fake cheesy endings here.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Trent DeWhite wrote:Just listened to "Dead Air." I think it might've been the first time I'd heard it, because I certainly didn't remember much of it at all. :-s Wow, that was an extremely interesting twist at the end. I won't spoil it for those who haven't heard it, but I absolutely loved--for a lack of a better word--what Father Gilbert did at the end. I've found myself in similar situations, and the only way out of them is through prayer. Trust me, you should never underestimate the power of prayer. :noway:
what show is this episode, FG or AIO?
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, considering this thread is all about the Father Gilbert mysteries . . . to what episode do you think I was referring? ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Trent DeWhite wrote:Well, considering this thread is all about the Father Gilbert mysteries . . . to what episode do you think I was referring? ;)
gee I don't know I never have heard of it. but thanks anyway.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Another audio thing I'm interested in; could someone tell me where I might find one?

-Jonathan
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Mardels (you might not even know what that is!), CBD, FOTF, and just most any Christian bookstore. We looked for them in the Kids department with AIO, and some other RT audio's. But, they weren't there! So we walked all the way out of the store then realized that they might be in the Adult department! They were! O:)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Where you might find Father Gilbert? :-s

Currently, Oneplace has "Dead Air" available in their archives under "Focus on the Family Radio Theatre." You might want to check out the site.

If you're specifically looking to purchase the mysteries, I would suggest your local Christian bookstore or CBD.com.
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIOfan11 wrote:Mardels (you might not even know what that is!), CBD, FOTF, and just most any Christian bookstore. We looked for them in the Kids department with AIO, and some other RT audio's. But, they weren't there! So we walked all the way out of the store then realized that they might be in the Adult department! They were! O:)
Thanks, there is a bookstore I can check now that I think of it. And thanks for the link Twent.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:And thanks for the link Twent.
:hilarious:

Tickled my funny bone. Sounds like you meant it. ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jonathan wrote:And thanks for the link Twent.
You're welcome. :oops:

My mistake. I corrected the CBD link. :anxious: