Card Games

We know you play them

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

UNO and Skip-bo are fun, and so is Cheat! I almost forgot about that game, but it really is fun! :D
Godsballerina
Gold Member

Post by Godsballerina »

Ive never heard of dutch bliz? But I like Spit, Apples to Apples, poker, Mow (thats a fav!!), poker, black jack, rummy!! ect...

:bounce:
Oh the Cleverness of me!!~Peter Pan

I love Ballet!!!
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I haven't played Dutch Blitz, but I have played Nerts. I have heard Nerts compared to a "Dumbed down version of Dutch Blitz." But I have never played Dutch Blitz, so I wouldn't know.
Actually, I find Dutch Blitz a whole lot easier than Nerts. I don't know how anybody else plays, but in Dutch Blitz, the deck is only to 10, and Nerts uses the whole deck. It's not nearly as frustrating having a 10 on the top of your nerts (or blitz) pile as it is having a king!

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Other card games I play...Egyptian Ratscrew (Also called Bloody Palms)
Also called Egyptian war... also called Egyptian rat slap...

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Special Cards-
Dutch Blitz, Authors

Normal Deck-
Speed, Egyptian War, Spades, and Mafia with cards.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

What kind of deck do you use with Authors? I've played several times just with a normal deck. I'm curious.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

We played, Kings in the Corner, this weekend...one of our family's standards. Also played some Rook and Pinochle.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

It's a authors deck literally. There are so many games like that. Baseball. Children's author's. One on Africa. And some others. It's kind of cool. What you do is after awhile you just start memorizing like Mark Twain wrote, Umm I haven't played in awhile, Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Oliver Twist, and The Prince and the Pauper, I think. Well there is 2,3, jack, etc. So you learn what books those authors wrote. It's a game that gets you to memorize in other words. It's not authors with just a normal deck of cards. It's whatever it's called but it's not authors unless it has authors. :p Oh yeah Phase 10 isn't to bad.

Grr all this typing and I don't get any money :( :p I'm over my limit, man that's a pain. Why did we even put limits?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

danadelfos wrote:It's a authors deck literally. There are so many games like that. Baseball. Children's author's. One on Africa. And some others. It's kind of cool. What you do is after awhile you just start memorizing like Mark Twain wrote, Umm I haven't played in awhile, Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Oliver Twist, and The Prince and the Pauper, I think. Well there is 2,3, jack, etc. So you learn what books those authors wrote. It's a game that gets you to memorize in other words. It's not authors with just a normal deck of cards. It's whatever it's called but it's not authors unless it has authors. :p Oh yeah Phase 10 isn't to bad.

I love that game! I also love playing Mafia! We learned that on a camping trip and boy we would get into it!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Being a mafia is fun and hard. I've been nicknamed the selfish doctor. :p And being the townsperson is boring *snoring*, because all you can do is die.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

danadelfos wrote:Being a mafia is fun and hard. I've been nicknamed the selfish doctor. :p And being the townsperson is boring *snoring*, because all you can do is die.
Townspeople also have to find out who the murderer is and vote on people...usually townspeople end up killing each other off!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Is mafia a card game? I've never heard of it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jollyholiday wrote:Is mafia a card game? I've never heard of it.
Kinda. You get a card at the beginning so you know 'what' you are. It's a really fun and challenging game.
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

My 3 oldest boys and I have been playing the "redemption" trading card game lately. It is a Bible based trading card game and is a fun game to play.

We've played a few other Bible based trading card games that haven't been as fun (Noah's Ark & The Mission), but I'd put Redemption into the Star Trek TNG or Star Wars trading card game quality category.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

gin is an awsome two person game... ???, a popular japanese game(i'm not sure if you can read that japanese on your comp)... knock... and many others. so many i don't care to list them.

Iverkid/Cronosan
Pray for Sri Lanka.