Narnia Soundtrack(s)

What do you think?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
tatertotaggie
Gold Member

Narnia Soundtrack(s)

Post by tatertotaggie »

For some reason, the official soundtrack to the movie won't be released until Tuesday, when they usually come out before the movie. But, if you go to soundtrack.net you can hear samples from all of the tracks. And, if you've seen the movie, can obviously hear it. So, what did everyone think of the music?

To me there was something about it that made my heart leap, almost as if I had felt something distantly familiar to me. It was magical to say the least. I loved the children's theme with the vocals when they are on the train travelling to the professor's house. And the battle music was wonderful. And the last track on the album, the adventures have only begun, is magnificent and beautiful! I am getting this soundtrack the day it comes out! The music, it just moves you, makes you feel live and in color and just brings something out of you from deep inside.

On another note, I don't care at all for the Christian artists' album. None of the songs sounded like Narnia, or gave you that enchanting feeling. They just sounded like every other song on Christian radio. The only song I've heard from a Christian artist that I think reflects that perfectly is "Untame Lion" by Michelle Tumes on her album Listen. I think that should have been added to the official soundtrack rather than Alanis Morisette's vocals, though the lyrics are good.

So, any opinions?
"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone." - Audrey Hepburn

Just a Test

/Users/tatyanafrancis/Desktop/Travel Posters/Air-Afrique--C10035768.jpeg
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

I DO like the Christian soundtrack, in its own right. I don't think it makes a good Narnia CD, because you're right, the only one that sounded something like Narnia should sound was "Remembering You" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It's got some of my favorite artists though, Tobymac, David Crowder Band, Jeremy Camp, etc, and the other thing I like about it is that a lot of the songs are basically worship songs, and really focus on the allegory of Aslan being Jesus.

I've heard some of the score from the movie, and I'm seeing the movie this afternoon so maybe I'll post again, and I like the trailers' music better than the actual movie's, from what I've heard of it. I mean, it's okay, especially in the beginning and at the big battle scene (which is mostly all I've heard :- ), but the other stuff I heard was just a little too quiet! I was hoping for something like the trailers, big, loud, et cetera. :anxious:

-JC

SUPER JEREMYCARTWOOD!!
Tinuviel
Found
Location: Here or there- but isn't here just there without the t??

Post by Tinuviel »

The music is wonderful! I saw the movie yester day & that was probably the best part of it.
Only one life twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ twill last;
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Yes hte movie music is great. and i do like the christian artist album, though you are right about it not having too much to do with the movie. some songs more than others i suppose.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

tatertotaggie wrote:On another note, I don't care at all for the Christian artists' album. None of the songs sounded like Narnia, or gave you that enchanting feeling. They just sounded like every other song on Christian radio.
I don't think they sounded like Christian radio music. Each of the songs has a disticntly different feel to it than the normal songs the artists record. Particularly Turkish Delight. That song is very different from David Crowder Band's normal music, yet it still has their style in it. I think it's up to the listener if they "sounded like Narnia". I mean, what defines whethet or not it sounds like Narnia?

As for the movie's soundtrack, it was great. But there were a few parts where it seemed too quiet or it failed to draw you in as much as it could have. Those are the parts that left me missing the BBC soundtrack.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

The Original Soundtrack is incredible! the 'music inspired by' has some good songs, by RSJ, TMac and SCC, but the others I feel are lacking a bit. especially after you see the movie.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Last edited by Aram on Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The music was good but it wasn't as memoriable or hummable as say LOTR (probably like the best soundtrack ever written)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

You just haven't seen it enough ;)

There are two things that the BBC movie has over the new one:
1. the White Which (Barbara Kellerman was outstanding)
2. the Score. The BBC score is so memorable and does an excellet job at helping accent the movie.

That isn't to say that these things in the new movie are bad. On the contrary, I love the new Narnia soundtrack and would disagree that it's not anywhere as good as LOTR. Sure it may not be quite that good but it's worthy of discussion.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

I did like the movie's score a lot, especially the Pevensie children themes and when they're on the train. I also enjoyed the battle sequences, although sometimes they could have been a bit... louder? Like I said before. But still well done. Not as good as LoTR's soundtrack, but it fit the movie quite well.

-JC

SUPER JEREMYCARTWOOD!!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I would really like to hear the soundtrack! \:D/ :D
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

I loved the Narnia soundtrack! I thought the songs at the end could have been a bit more... something. The songs at the end of the LotR movies fit the movies so perfectly, but in this one... I don't know! They're nice songs, but I think they could have had better words or something.
The instrumental music is wonderful, though!
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I thought "Can't Take it In" is outstanding!! A perfect ending in my book :D

But the other three... :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I think sound tracks are pretty boring. . . unless they are Phantom of the Opera sound tracks, which actually have words.

But the Narnia one is alright. . .
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I agree the Battle scene could've been louder, but I've driven my parents insane listening to it over and over again!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

STRYPER wrote: There are two things that the BBC movie has over the new one:
2. the Score. The BBC score is so memorable and does an excellet job at helping accent the movie.
i don't agree with you on the first one STRYPER. i think that the White Which (the new one that is) was excellent and outdid the other one by far. :-k everbody has there own opinion though. my sister thinks the other one is better too. any one agree with me? :anxious:

Lucy (very opinionated as always)
don't forget the rain.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'd like to get the soundtrack. I like the Songs Inspired By CD, and I liked the music on the movie.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

STRYPER wrote:You just haven't seen it enough ;)

There are two things that the BBC movie has over the new one:

That isn't to say that these things in the new movie are bad. On the contrary, I love the new Narnia soundtrack and would disagree that it's not anywhere as good as LOTR. Sure it may not be quite that good but it's worthy of discussion.
Finally! Someone who knows the truth! ;-) I found the LWW in theatres to have somewhat unmoving soundtrack. It was GOOD music, but Howard Shore should have done it... he did LotR and that music was 100% awesomeness. Too bad I can't get it. :( Anyway, I believe that the BBC's score was a tad bit better than the theatre's score. :-$ It seemed a bit ... shallow?
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

I wish there was an expanded version of the Narnian Lullaby...

But other than that it's great! \:D/

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I own the soundtrack for it....I absolutly LOVE it! I've heard clips of the "Inspired-By" album.... and I thought that most of the songs really didn't sound very narnia-ish.
Lucy wrote:i don't agree with you on the first one STRYPER. i think that the White Which (the new one that is) was excellent and outdid the other one by far. everbody has there own opinion though. my sister thinks the other one is better too. any one agree with me?
I agree with you! :D The BBC Witch was.....ugh....I just didn't like her!!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

The Dave Matthews Band and Good Charlotte and Lindsey Lohan didn't make songs about LOTR when it came out; and even if they had made a CD for LOTR, I wouldn't have bought it. In fact, I doubt it would have sold very well at all (well, depending on how they marketed it, I suppose). Since I'm not a very big fan of David Crowder or SCC, I was very quick to turn my nose up at the CCM Narnia soundtrack. Yuck. If I want music that inspires me about a fantasy world, I'll listen to my LOTR ROTK soundtrack over a bunch of Christian pop/rock singers any day. Of course, I don't have anything against Nichole Nordeman or Michelle Tumes, but I can only barely see them making a half-way decent Narnia song.

I'm very interested in the official soundtrack, though. I loved the music in the movie; it's much closer to my style of music.