Family Radio Theatre?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Frodo
Classic

Family Radio Theatre?

Post by Frodo »

Does anyone listen to it sometimes? We do. If there is only Connie and Mitch to listen to on Oddessy.
Priscilla

<><
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

This belongs in the Harlequin Theatre

Haha, do you have something against Connie and Mitch episodes? ;)

I've heard several of FoTF's Radio Theatre productions, including:

At Home in Mitford
- An extremely loong series, as the running time is about 6.5 hours. Almost has an Odyssey feel to it, as you learn to appreciate the various characters around Mitford.

Father Gilbert
- Who doesn't love a good mystery? I think I've listened to all seven: A Soul in Tourment, Where the Heart Is, Dead Air, Healing, Secrets, The Play's the Thing, and Lady. Each episode is anywhere from 60-80 minutes long.

Les Misérables
- I thoroughly enjoyed this radio dramatization. I've read an abbreviated version of the book, and I've watched the film, but listening to the story unfold was just as enjoyable. Definitely recommended for those who haven't heard it yet . . . and even those who already have. ;) Running time is nearly 3 hours.

The Luke Reports I: Child Of Promise
- I've listened to fragments of the Luke Reports here and there but I can't say I recall much from what I heard. 8-[
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

We haven't listened to many. I think we heard

'At the Back of the North Wind'
'Silas Marner'
'Anne of Green Gables'
'Little Women'

I never liked the sound of Father Gilbert mysterys, they sound a bit wierd; spiritual intuition? Curses?

No we don't like the Connie and Mitch episodes
Priscilla

<><
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I listen just about every week. Anymore I listen to them on CD, especially when I am out. Listening in the car makes time go alot faster.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I love Radio Theatre. We have Anne Of Green Gable's, 2 Father Gilberts, and all of the Narnia series! I have not listened to the Narnia's but, the rest are great!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've really enjoyed the FOTF Radio Theatre that I've heard, and I would like to get more of their productions.

I have Chronicles of Narnia (all 7), all 3 sets of Father Gilbert, Anne of Green Gables, Les Miserables and A Christmas Carol. They are so enjoyable! It's a great way to hear stuff that I might not actually read, like Les Mis, too.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

We own a bunch of them and always wait for them to come out on CD. I've only listen to one of them on the net and that was Father Gilbert in Dead Air.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Billy Bud, the Sailor is playing for the next 3 weeks. It is not on Oneplace though. I thought I would just let you all now.