Hollywood Award shows

Do you even watch them?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Hollywood Award shows

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Frankly, the shows where Hollywood people get together to give themselves awards [Oscars, Tonys, etc] just annoys me. I never watch them. I wish no one would watch them and their ratings would drop into the center of the earth.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Frankly, the shows where Hollywood people get together to give themselves awards [Oscars, Tonys, etc] just annoys me. I never watch them. I wish no one would watch them and their ratings would drop into the center of the earth.
I totally agree. I mean I guess I'm happy if an actor I kind of like or a movie I like gets an award... but its not worth watching the awards show over...

(besides, those are broadcasting hours that COULD be dedicated to professional wrestling! ;) )
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I actually enjoy watching them. I especally love watching the Tony's because you get to see clips of broadway musicals that might be interesting...but that's just me.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The Tonys are probably the least annoying, since Broadway is "real acting". :p
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I like watching them. I like seeing...
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I do like to watch the Oscars (particularly 02-04 since they had LOTR nominated all over the place). But awards shows are soooo looong...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

It's a tradition for me to watch the Academy Awards every year. There's always has been something that makes me want to stick around. The only award show that I find completely stupid is the "Golden Globe" awards. A completely pointless award show.

However, I'm debating if the Oscars will be worth watching this year if "Brokeback Mountain" seems to be the Acadamy's favorite.

BC
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm hoping Walk the Line or King Kong or Narnia will take it out, but I'm doubtful...
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'm hoping Walk the Line or King Kong or Narnia will take it out, but I'm doubtful...
There, the thing is; it'll make the Oscars very interesting this year because you've got plenty of decent films already lining up against the big bad one; namely; Brokeback Mountain--which is stirring up some strange buzz. It's said to be Ang Lea's best. I mean, I admit--the concept of the story is interesting, however, it's making unusual affects in today's society.

On top of two Christian-revolved-around stories; Narnia and Walk the Line, you've also got other decent films such as "Goodnight and Good Luck" and "Pride and Prejudice". Both movies are very light on any problematic issues, and both are going to play a part in the Oscars as well.

I can only see Narnia being nominated for Adapted Screenplay, Score, perhaps Song, and Special Affects. It won't make any of the larger awards, fore sure. However, Harry Potter never did either. The fact is, we shouldn't be counting on it to win very much.

Walk the Line, though I haven't seen it, will miss the lower awards and plant intself for the big ones. King Kong will be spread out, but will clearly win whatever small awards its nominated for. Hopefully, any other movie is good enough to stomp out any great effect "Brokeback Mountain" has on the award show.

It most assuredly will win "Best Picture" (though, it's not completely sure)--and of course, be nominated. The reason they may not nominate it is because it is way too contraversial (much like they did with Passion of the Christ), however, the this is doubtful since the academy has along the line a few ties with the homosexual supporters.

It's a bit worrisome. I think most of us should be praying that Brokeback Mountain doesn't make it big.

For those who have strangely never heard of the film, simply check out the review at pluggedinonline.com, and watch the trailer, and fim sypnopsis. Its winning all the other awards, and is making lots of money, even though it hasn't opened at large yet.

BC
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I like most of the MTV award shows. there allways lots of fun and deffently not boring.
Image [img]
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

they're okay/ i watch them sometimes when nothing else is on.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My logic is, I can support and hear about how well my favorite movies do, Walk the Line and CON, in the paper the next day...it's just not worth it to me to here Hollywood bash the president and the war...blah. Which is what it seems to turn into these days.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I stopped watching ever since these shows became political. The last oscars I saw was when ROTK swept. I wouldn't give Hollyweird the time of day.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I like to watch them, but I hardly get the chance.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Oh goodie! The People's Choice awards are coming! :o I wonder which people are voting??
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

I'll watch the Oscars only if a movie that I love is up for awards... Other then that, I don't care that much!
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I never watch them, I think they are very boring.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

More people watched reruns than the People's Choice Awards, I read. HA!
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

i didnt but the person i wanted to win awards won awards :)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

YEHAW! Brokeback Gross Mountain was totally shunned at the Oscars!!