Johnny Depp vs.

Harrison Ford!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Who do you like better?

Johnny Depp
32%
Harrison Ford
68%

Total votes: 34

declinedcard
Not as new

Post by declinedcard »

It's hard to choose between the two. Harrison Ford is funny and he can also be intense (like in Air Force One). He plays his characters very well and makes them pretty memorable.

However, Johnny Depp is one of the most versatile actors I have seen. I went through a spiel of several of his movies. He played an extremely different character in all of them and did fantastically at each. From a pirate, to an imaginative author, to Scissorhands, he did great.

So, in conclusion, I did vote for Johnny Depp. However, it's a close run between the two and I would say they are both legends in silver screen history.

(oh, and Harrison Ford has been in at least one non-action movie - Mosquito Coast, which, btw, was very lame - I don't recommend it at all, plus it had some objectionable content)
Whassupi???

jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

declinedcard wrote:(oh, and Harrison Ford has been in at least one non-action movie - Mosquito Coast, which, btw, was very lame - I don't recommend it at all, plus it had some objectionable content)
Oh my word! I saw that movie! I didn't even think about that...ew, that was lame.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Another non-action Harrison Ford movie was Sabrina... which was very good :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

STRYPER wrote:Another non-action Harrison Ford movie was Sabrina... which was very good :D
I like that movie! :D But it could be an action movie, couldn't it? I mean, I think there's at least one punch in the whole movie...it didn't even leave a mark...but still, that's action, isn't it? ;)
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

POTC wins me over for Depp.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
AwfulWaffle81
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by AwfulWaffle81 »

I gotta go with Harrison Ford. Johnny Depp is okay but there is no way his filmography even compares to Harrison Fords.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

Even with the Han Solo role, Harrison Ford wins hands down over Johnny Depp, I mean the guy looks like a girl in Charlie & the Choclate Factory, and he has roles in the wierdest movies like Pirates of the Carribean, whatupwiththat? Sorry Catspaw I know you love that movie!
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Lizzy wrote:Even with the Han Solo role, Harrison Ford wins hands down over Johnny Depp, I mean the guy looks like a girl in Charlie & the Choclate Factory, and he has roles in the wierdest movies like Pirates of the Carribean, whatupwiththat? Sorry Catspaw I know you love that movie!
POTC is not weird. :noway: But I voted for Harrison Ford anyway, so it's not like I'm offended at all. ;) Though I may take offence at the anti-Star Wars comment. :shame:

*considers using the Han Solo avatar and sig that ff made for her* I love looking at the TH archives, complete with my wonderful old Han Solo avatar! Yay for Harrison Ford! \:D/
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Catspaw wrote:*considers using the Han Solo avatar and sig that ff made for her* I love looking at the TH archives, complete with my wonderful old Han Solo avatar! Yay for Harrison Ford! \:D/
Yeah, I like it too ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Nearly every woman faints at the mere mention of Depp's name, which is annoying. Beyond that, Harrison Ford can really act. He's done some great movies and no matter what, he's just a great actor. He's always been a favorite of mine. :)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

I'm a woman and I sure don't faint at the mention of Johnny Depp's name. Now if someone mentions Yannick Bisson...
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Lizzy wrote: Now if someone mentions Yannick Bisson...
*Faints* ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Well, er...I like Harrison Ford. :inlove: But that's just cause of his looks and overall gorgeousness...but when it comes to sparkling and wonderful characters and personalities...Johnny Depp wins that one. :D

*does her Willy Wonka impression*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Continental Admiral wrote:
Lizzy wrote: Now if someone mentions Yannick Bisson...
*Faints* ;)
Forget fainting - not dramatic enough! *swoons* :thud: I liked it when you had a YB avatar on the TH, CA! \:D/

*ignores Frank's Willy Wonka impression* ;)
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

depp rocks!!!
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today (the WHOLE THING) and I have to admit that Johnny Depp has at least one good movie! *starts eating crow* But Harrison Ford is still better!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Catspaw wrote:*ignores Frank's Willy Wonka impression* ;)
*ignores Catspaw*

Oh, and I have another reason to take points off for Harrison, it seems like he swears horribly in all his movies. Sadness for that. :sad:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*unignores Frank*

Not in his Star Wars movies! :D That's part of the reason that I like them - a low level of offensive langauge! But some of his other movies aren't quite so wholesome. :(

*resumes her ignoring of Frank*
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Catspaw wrote:*unignores Frank*

Not in his Star Wars movies! :D That's part of the reason that I like them - a low level of offensive langauge! But some of his other movies aren't quite so wholesome. :(

*resumes her ignoring of Frank*
Frank wishes that his dreaminess made up for his strong language. :sad: Alas, it doesn't.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

In what movies? :-k

Granted he's not perfectly clean but I wouldn't consider Harrison Ford as heavy langauge user :noway:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became