Alanis Morissette

she is on the narnia soundtrack!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Alanis Morissette

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

So what do you all think of Alanis Morissette? I think she is ok. She is on the Narnia soundtrack.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I like quite a few of her songs (Uninvited, Head Over Feet to name just a couple) but she seems kind of weird for other reasons I won't go into. Her music is good though.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Yeah, some of her songs are good. Others are just... odd. :P

I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one's givin' a high five...

Sarah
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

The Top Crusader wrote:I like quite a few of her songs (Uninvited, Head Over Feet to name just a couple) but she seems kind of weird for other reasons I won't go into. Her music is good though.
should I be shocked that I understand what you mean?
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I thought it was interesting that she was added, but I think it was mainly for starpower. Her song was nominated for a Academy Award for Best Original Song. The song "Wunderkind" is a very cool song by the way
Last edited by Aram on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Janeray wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I like quite a few of her songs (Uninvited, Head Over Feet to name just a couple) but she seems kind of weird for other reasons I won't go into. Her music is good though.
should I be shocked that I understand what you mean?
Probably, I'm shocked when I understand what I mean! :shock:
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Aram wrote:I thought it was interesting that she was added, but I think it was mainly for starpower. Her song was nominated for a Academy Award for Best Original Song. The song "Wunderkind" is a very cool song by the way!
Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Didn't she do a video totally naked? Didn't she sing a song called "What if God was one of us"? or is that someone else? She doesn't appear to be a good role model for young christians. I certainly wouldn't want my daughter listening to that junk. :shame:
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

she didnt write that song. in the video she was covered up so i wouldnt say she was naked.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Oh, I'm sorry, ALMOST naked. If I remember correctly, she didn't have a stitch of clothing on, only her hands covering her private areas.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I thought "Can't Take it In" was a much better song than Wonderkind :roll:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

WindowWasher wrote:Didn't she do a video totally naked? Didn't she sing a song called "What if God was one of us"? or is that someone else? She doesn't appear to be a good role model for young christians. I certainly wouldn't want my daughter listening to that junk. :shame:

I almost forgot about the blurr that coverd a very naked person in a certian video...didn't really bother me( then again this was before I was a christian) Despite that she is ok. and the "what if God was one of us" girl was Joan Osborne not Alanis. *wonders why people argue about stuff when they don't even know what they are talking about*
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Janeray wrote: *wonders why people argue about stuff when they don't even know what they are talking about*
I think that's some rule of Christiandom.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

The Top Crusader wrote:
Janeray wrote: *wonders why people argue about stuff when they don't even know what they are talking about*
seems like it, if you don't know what you are talking about maybe you should not say anything. but that is just my opinion.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Janeray wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
seems like it, if you don't know what you are talking about maybe you should not say anything. but that is just my opinion.
it is also mine
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

It was a question. I wasn't sure she had sung it or someone else. But I DO know she was naked in a video so I do know what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm just discouraged that alot of our young christian generation seem to be more worldly than they should be. Nothing wrong with standing up for what's Godly!
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Ok I"m not sure why that would be an issue for some people, I thought she sang that song too. I too agree that she probably not the best role-model for young kids. Although, you don't hear the song during the movie. It's a credit song, I believe.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Last edited by Aram on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

WindowWasher wrote:It was a question. I wasn't sure she had sung it or someone else. But I DO know she was naked in a video so I do know what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm just discouraged that alot of our young christian generation seem to be more worldly than they should be. Nothing wrong with standing up for what's Godly!
Nah it's okay I just felt like making a cranky post...
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

The Top Crusader wrote:
WindowWasher wrote:It was a question. I wasn't sure she had sung it or someone else. But I DO know she was naked in a video so I do know what I'm talking about.

Nah it's okay I just felt like making a cranky post...
yah, I'm just crazy. really I am. \:D/ ](*,) \:D/
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I'd say that a person involved in those sorts of things isn't a good role model not only for children, but for anyone.

Anyways, don't worry about it. Over half the actors and actresses we know and love have done unspeakable things, it's just the world we live in. Our jobs as christians are to set an example for others, and not partake in that lifestyle.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.