~ B A R L O W G I R L ~

Face it. They rock.

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Is Barlow Girl the best all girl Christian rock band to date?

Hoo Hay two Times Tuesday YES!
57%
Blech. I've heard better. I'll mention WHO in my post.
43%

Total votes: 30

H34TH4R
Someone's favorite

Post by H34TH4R »

awalkinguitar wrote:lol You just joined the Sp. Did you know of them before that, Heather?
i have there cd! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

YAY! It was so FUN! Anne and Evangeline Doyle waited in the Barlow Girl signing line [they were first] and they signed a little poster thing and we have a picture of each one of them WITH MY GNOME! It's so great! I'll post the pictures as soon as I can get Evangeline to e-mail them to me. Which I don't see happening in the near future. . .

What they say in between songs is SOO great! Very encouraging and hardcore stuff.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
countrygirl15
Not as new

Post by countrygirl15 »

I really enjoy their music! I have their first cd! and my volleyball team always listens to their music in the van on trips!
what we need is a ......

pm me and tell me what we need around here!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:YAY! It was so FUN! Anne and Evangeline Doyle waited in the Barlow Girl signing line [they were first] and they signed a little poster thing and we have a picture of each one of them WITH MY GNOME! It's so great! I'll post the pictures as soon as I can get Evangeline to e-mail them to me. Which I don't see happening in the near future. . .

What they say in between songs is SOO great! Very encouraging and hardcore stuff.
That's great! \:D/ I can't believe that you got pictures of them with your gnome - that's something that I have to see! \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Your wish = my command

YES! They all love him!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I'll post the pictures as soon as I can get Evangeline to e-mail them to me. Which I don't see happening in the near future. . .
Pshaaw! I e-mailed them to you faster then you could say "BarlowGirl is awesome!" :D

They are pretty much awesome!
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow - I bet that's a request they don't get every day. ;) I'm glad that you got both autographs and gnome pics! :D
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:
Agent Robert Mitchell wrote:Have you heard any of their music?
Yes, but what does DC Talk have to do with Barlow Girl? They are completely unrelated and I don't want to talk about them HERE.

Dosh!

Back to the greatness that is Barlow Girl.

Their lyrics are what set them so far apart from secular and even other Christian groups. They totally came out swinging at main stream media that acts like dating is a necessity and that tiny clothes are the norm and we should fit into them.

"Clothes"
Clothes aren't what they used to be
They don't seem to fit you and me anymore
Modesty is the door
Flaunting what we've got and more is in
Yeah it's in

They're saying
Don't ask why just wear what we say
You'll look like a model if you'll only obey
To get the attention, just do what we say

Pay so much for clothes so small
Was that shirt made for me or my doll?
Is this all I get?
I looked so hot but caught a cold
I was doing just what I was told
To fit in

We're saying let's ask why
Don't wear what they say
Don't want to be a modle
They can't eat anyway
That kind of attention will fade with the day

Clothes that fit are fine
Won't show whats mine
Don't change my mind
I'll be fine
"Average Girl"

So what I'm not your average girl
I don't meet the standards of this world
Chasing after boys is not my thing
See I'm waiting for a wedding ring

No more dating
I'm just waiting
Like sleeping beauty
My prince will come for me
No more dating I'm just waiting
'Cause God is writing my love story

"Boys are bad" that's certainly not true
'Cause God's preparing one for you
If you get tired waiting till he comes
Gods arms are the perfect place to run

Sleep that's the only thing
For me 'cause when I sleep Gods
Preparing one for me
wow.....I've only heard little clips of them singing but their lyrics sound great! seems they have the same standards I do:) have any of you ever heard of the Annie Moses Band?

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

pinkjeans92 wrote:
have any of you ever heard of the Annie Moses Band?
I can't say that I have. Are they the same genre as Barlow Girl?
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:
pinkjeans92 wrote:
have any of you ever heard of the Annie Moses Band?
I can't say that I have. Are they the same genre as Barlow Girl?
I'm not exactly sure seeing as I've never really heard an entire song of Barlow Girl.....so, I wouldn't know. It's kind of a family thing...there's 6 kids and 4 of them play with the band full time. All of them play several musical instruments and the oldest daughter is the lead singer.....I'm not sure how you would describe them. Of course, you can always go to their website and hear one of their songs (they still have their Christmas music up I think) www.anniemosesband.com. Then you could decide what genre they were it:) Some of their songs are all music (no lyrics) but some do have lyrics. Anyways, I'm kind of getting off topic here.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Johndell
Tallying up

Post by Johndell »

:-k hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... THEY suck, (IN MY OPINION) don't be mad at me B A R L O W G I R L fans! Ohhhhhhhhh plEEEEES DON'T!!!!!! :pray:

;)
The ToO is mine! *LAUGHS SIGNATURE EVIL VILLIAN LAUGHES EVIL LAUGH AFTER COMMITING AN EVIL ACT* k I'm good now
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Johndell wrote::-k hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... THEY suck, (IN MY OPINION)
:-k ummmmmmmmmmmmm... why?
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Well, everyone is entitled to my opinion.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

their lyrics are really badly written and lame. :-#
Image [img]
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there, Mellow. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Johndell
Tallying up

Post by Johndell »

LOL! how tru \:D/ they suk cause their music is boring, to me anyway! :-#
The ToO is mine! *LAUGHS SIGNATURE EVIL VILLIAN LAUGHES EVIL LAUGH AFTER COMMITING AN EVIL ACT* k I'm good now
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Ok, as long as you throw in the disclaimer "For me" or "personal opinion", I can read your post without screaming and showing how their songs are written well and are not in fact lame. But sound and such, liking things, are really about personal opinion.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

mr. mellow wrote:their lyrics are really badly written and lame. :-#
could you give us some examples?
Johndell
Tallying up

Post by Johndell »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Ok, as long as you throw in the disclaimer "For me" or "personal opinion", I can read your post without screaming and showing how their songs are written well and are not in fact lame. But sound and such, liking things, are really about personal opinion.

\:D/ yea! DUH! \:D/ that's why I said: (TAH DAH) to me anyway :-#
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Johndell wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote:Ok, as long as you throw in the disclaimer "For me" or "personal opinion", I can read your post without screaming and showing how their songs are written well and are not in fact lame. But sound and such, liking things, are really about personal opinion.

\:D/ yea! DUH! \:D/ that's why I said: (TAH DAH) to me anyway :-#

Personal opinions are fine, but if you could please lay off withthe attitude, it would be much appreciated, and people will probably be more likely to respect what you have to say. ;)

And in response to both you and Mellow, I disagree. I think BarlowGirls lyrics are some of the most in depth and relevant lyrics I have read in a really long time. Perhaps not immidietly recognized as such to a guy, but I think there is a lot there for both guys and girls if you take the time to listen or read through them.
Last edited by JesusFreak777 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.