~ B A R L O W G I R L ~

Face it. They rock.

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Is Barlow Girl the best all girl Christian rock band to date?

Hoo Hay two Times Tuesday YES!
57%
Blech. I've heard better. I'll mention WHO in my post.
43%

Total votes: 30

David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

The Top Crusader wrote:And they are still a band... they just don't act like it anymore. :( But they are technically still together. Tait told me so himself!
Ooh! I must ditto that! I very much express similar sentiments! ;)

It's interesting the turn this conversation took, because I got to see both BarlowGirl and Tait together in concert (with JF here at Liberty no less.) As for BarlowGirl being the best All girl Christian band out there... Since I can't think of any other groups, they are most certainly my favorite (though "best" is not a word I like to use lightly). Like most everybody, I love their song "Never Alone" and I have heard a couple other songs by them that I have appreciated (though I liked their renditions of popular praise and worship pieces not written by them much better than most of their original work.) All in all, Barlowgirl is good, and I hope they continue to get better. Maybe we just need more all girl Christian rock bands! \:D/
Not dead yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Alex wrote:I dont like rock music in general. Its dumb, movie music is beeter.

Alex.
Well thanks for stopping by to share a needless comment on the matter.
Evangeline Doyle wrote:I wonder if you're allowed to bring cameras to their concerts? :-k
Most likely that's okay, although you can't use audio or video recorders.
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Alex wrote:I dont like rock music in general. Its dumb, movie music is beeter.

Alex.
Well thanks for stopping by to share a needless comment on the matter.
You are most welcome. :)

Alex.
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

Evangeline Doyle wrote:I wonder if you're allowed to bring cameras to their concerts? :-k
The Top Crusader wrote: Most likely that's okay, although you can't use audio or video recorders.
Alrighty! I'll try not to video parts of it... O:) (Kidding! But my camera does take video... Must resist!!! ](*,) )
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I haven't heard much of their music, but I'm listening to "Mirror" right now, and they are good, if not an instant favourite. :D
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

David O wrote: (though I liked their renditions of popular praise and worship pieces not written by them much better than most of their original work) . . . Maybe we just need more all girl Christian rock bands! \:D/
I agree! I love their singing/performance of "Enough"!! And yes, more Christian girl rock bands, we doth need!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

I like "No More Dating," and Mirror, and this is off topic, but I love Superchick's song about Barlow Girl: " All the boys in the band want a valentine, from a Barlow Girl. Boys think they're the bomb, 'cause they remind them of their mom."
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Oh My Gosh!! I LOVE BARLOW GIRL!! I mean, not as much as TOBYMAC, but as far as all girl Christian groups go, they're my fave!
*returns*
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

HOORAY! :thewave:

Barlow Girl WON the "Who's Next" poll at YAHOO!

http://launch.yahoo.com/promotions/whosnext/
Now there is a lot of bonus stuff about them and new stuff on their artist page!

I'm sure I voted a few thousand times. :p
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:HOORAY! :thewave:

Barlow Girl WON the "Who's Next" poll at YAHOO!

http://launch.yahoo.com/promotions/whosnext/
Now there is a lot of bonus stuff about them and new stuff on their artist page!

I'm sure I voted a few thousand times. :p
That's AWESOME!!! :bounce: :cheerleader:
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Rose wrote:I like "No More Dating," and Mirror, and this is off topic, but I love Superchick's song about Barlow Girl: " All the boys in the band want a valentine, from a Barlow Girl. Boys think they're the bomb, 'cause they remind them of their mom."
I haven't heard the SuperChic[k] song about them, but now I really want too!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:
Rose wrote:I like "No More Dating," and Mirror, and this is off topic, but I love Superchick's song about Barlow Girl: " All the boys in the band want a valentine, from a Barlow Girl. Boys think they're the bomb, 'cause they remind them of their mom."
It's at least five years old. Some Christian stations will play it, but most won't because it's too rockish for them.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote:
It's at least five years old. Some Christian stations will play it, but most won't because it's too rockish for them.

-Cowboy
For that matter, Barlow girl's songs are somewhat rocky too. Does anyone like the new Barlow Girl cd better than their first one? I still like the first one better \:D/
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Rose wrote: Does anyone like the new Barlow Girl cd better than their first one?
I love the new one "Another Journal Entry" better than their self-titled album. I don't know why. I just love "My God's Enough" and those ROCKish ones.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

no the only rock band that I like that has a girl singer in it is evanescence!
Image [img]
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Tonight is the night of the concert! I'll post again tomorrow and tell you all about it!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ooo, how exciting! We definitely need to hear all about the fun that you have! \:D/ Yay!
awalkinguitar
OK

Post by awalkinguitar »

WOOT FOR BARLOWGIRL!! i love them!!!
H34TH4R
Someone's favorite

Post by H34TH4R »

awalkinguitar wrote:WOOT FOR BARLOWGIRL!! i love them!!!
ditto
awalkinguitar
OK

Post by awalkinguitar »

lol You just joined the Sp. Did you know of them before that, Heather?