What's your hardest song?

For those that play instruments

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

What's your hardest song?

Post by Aelwyn »

For thse that play instruments, what are some of the hardest songs you've ever played or had to play?
One of mine used to be the March of the Dwarves by Grieg. (It's not as hard for me any more) Now it is Harvest Festival (Barn Dance). I'm not sure who the artist is.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

A lot of people in my orchestra (read: flute and first violin sections) have a hard time with Pachelbel's Canon (I know; what??? It's like the easiest song in the book!) just because of all the 16th/32nd notes we have... Personally, Badinerie is the hardest song I've actually played on the flute (It's not the notes, it's just the speed-- especially when you try to play along with James Galway on CD) and Flight of the Bumblebee for violin. Has anyone ever seen the sheet music for Flight of the Bumblee? Good grief! I think that's another one you'd have to know by heart to be able to play.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The hardest song I've played on the piano is Sonata Pathetique by Beethoven. O:)
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

One that I have been having trouble memorizing is Rondo Alla Turca (Mozart, I believe). It's a really fun song, and I have part of it memorized but the other part...:roll:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Karin wrote:One that I have been having trouble memorizing is Rondo Alla Turca (Mozart, I believe). It's a really fun song, and I have part of it memorized but the other part...:roll:
I've learned that one. :) The end gets pretty technical. :anxious:
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Solo wise my hardest piece to play is Vavaldi's Concerto in A minor. My hardest orchestral piece...I would have to say would be The American Symphony from Mr. Holland's Opus.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Chandler wrote:
Karin wrote:One that I have been having trouble memorizing is Rondo Alla Turca (Mozart, I believe). It's a really fun song, and I have part of it memorized but the other part...:roll:
I've learned that one. :) The end gets pretty technical. :anxious:
That's for sure! :roll:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Erm... the Minute Waltz by that one guy...oooh, it's on the tip of my tongue... :-k rats, I can't remember. Frank has never mastered it...even though she's played the piano for quite a while. :sad:
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Minute Waltz? March of the Dwarves? Pfft, I had trouble on Happy Birthday. :-

Sarah
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Fuga II from Well Tempered Clavier by J.S. Bach, probably. It's a 3 part piece, so it's perfect for Watson, me, and my sister to play on flute together - but it's hard. #-o We got better at it, then didn't play it for awhile. When we tried it later, it sounded horrible and we finally gave up. O:) There are other hard pieces we've played, but I can't really think of their names. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

i know this is off topic for all a yall, "high class" piano players, but i play electric guitar, so my hardest song is Master of puppets by mettalica. have u ever seen kirk hammet(the lead guitaarist of mettalica) play that? his hand moves so fast it is a blur. and its all in down picks!!!!!! its insane! i probably learned most of it a couple of months ago, and still havent been able 2 tap in on his speed.

Ryan

[size=0]Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
[/size]
Last edited by Azariah Ben Yaakov on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Rondo Alla Turca's not bad... are you guys talking about the pink and white part with the little black ovals on the bottom? The fast scale-ish part? You just have to memorize that part by heart.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

Rachael wrote:A lot of people in my orchestra (read: flute and first violin sections) have a hard time with Pachelbel's Canon (I know; what??? It's like the easiest song in the book!) just because of all the 16th/32nd notes we have... Personally, Badinerie is the hardest song I've actually played on the flute (It's not the notes, it's just the speed-- especially when you try to play along with James Galway on CD) and Flight of the Bumblebee for violin. Has anyone ever seen the sheet music for Flight of the Bumblee? Good grief! I think that's another one you'd have to know by heart to be able to play.
I love that piece. I learned to play it on Piano! My piano teacher is probably still in councelling for my timing!
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I'm having trouble speeding up Praeludiums II and XXI by Bach and keeping them both perfect in piano. In flute, the hardest song I'm learning is I can't remember the name! It's a sonata....lol nevermind!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Rachael wrote:Rondo Alla Turca's not bad... are you guys talking about the pink and white part with the little black ovals on the bottom? The fast scale-ish part? You just have to memorize that part by heart.
Pink and white? :-s :-s Sorry, I don't know what you mean by pink and white. I only had a year of piano lessons, and after that I didn't teach myself timing or theory. :oops:
My hard part on Rondo Alla Turca is the part when you play an a, and then another a that's an octave higher, and the same with b and so on.
Am I making sense?
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

oh, yeah. I think that is the pink and white part. Really, it's more of a magenta than pink.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

one thing that always me happy in orchestra was that I was a first violin and not a second. I always thought Motzart had something against the second violins with their parts being the hardest in any of his pieces.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Karin wrote:
Rachael wrote:Rondo Alla Turca's not bad... are you guys talking about the pink and white part with the little black ovals on the bottom? The fast scale-ish part? You just have to memorize that part by heart.
Pink and white? :-s :-s Sorry, I don't know what you mean by pink and white. I only had a year of piano lessons, and after that I didn't teach myself timing or theory. :oops:
My hard part on Rondo Alla Turca is the part when you play an a, and then another a that's an octave higher, and the same with b and so on.
Am I making sense?
I don't know what Rachael's tallking about either and I've been playing for many years. :shrugs:

You're doing really well for only one year of lessons! =D>
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Chandler wrote:
Karin wrote:
Am I making sense?
I don't know what Rachael's tallking about either and I've been playing for many years. :shrugs:

You're doing really well for only one year of lessons! =D>
Thanks! I just kinda taught myself a lot aftert my big sis quit giving me lessons. :shrugs:
Linne

Post by Linne »

Karin's sight-reading skills are sickening good. :noway: Don't let her fool you, even though she's only had lessons for a year, she plays MUCH better than I do, and I've had lessons since I was seven. \:D/