Patch the Pirate, anyone?

Have you ever listened to it?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Have you listened to Patch the Pirate before?

Yes! Many times! I love them!
27%
Yeah, some of them.
20%
No, but I've heard about them.
33%
I've never heard of them.
20%

Total votes: 15

Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Patch the Pirate, anyone?

Post by Aelwyn »

Have any of y'all listened to Patch the Pirate (Ron Hamilton) before? These tapes/cds are really good! They're exciting and teach kids Bible lessons. They're a lot of fun to listen to! \:D/
The website for more info on Patch the Pirate is: www.patchthepirate.org

EDIT: You can listen to parts of the Patch the Pirate adventures on this site, too. (The parts they play on the BBN radio station every Saturday)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

We listened to them in elementary school sometimes. Yay Christian school! \:D/
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

We used to have all of the tapes, and we'd listen to them in the car. That was before I knew that AIO existed... ;)
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yes, I listen to them - I still ask for the newest tape every Christmas. ;) We have most of Patch's stuff...although not the first one, Goes to Space. Lots of the earlier ones we have are recorded off of the radio, when BBN used to play one during Conference Pulpit time. Unfortunately, Conference Pulpit is only a hour, and the adventures are usually 10-15 minutes over a hour. :( So the copies we have have some of the songs cut out. :mecry:

But then we started buying them, and have kept it up. :D Some of the stuff can be a little silly sometimes, but I still enjoy it. \:D/ Maybe it's because I am a silly person... :-

The latest one, The Kashmir Kid, has several songs I really like - That's What Friends Are For and In a Moment. :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I've heard of it...and we currently have three Patch the Pirate music books...but I've never tried playing them and I don't remember the songs. :sad: *considers digging up the tapes*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

We have those 3 songbooks too! \:D/ Unfortunately, they didn't include all of the songs. :( They need to come out with another songbook because they've had a lot of episodes come out since the last one.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Sorry, never heard of 'em, we didn't listen to a lot of stuff growing up. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Isn't it funny that there's so many puns in the tapes that you don't get until you're older?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've never heard it. I would like to hear it though. My local station has changed their line up so that now they only have 2 hours of kids programming on Sundays. Plus, I do not know if they even air Patch.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

We have one Patch the Pirate tape - The Mister Slippy River Race or something like that - but I never really liked them a lot...

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

oh mercy. It was approved by my college, so yes, I've listened to it. I listened to it when I was a little kiddo too. They have a lot of puns and spoofs on other stuff so adults can listen with their kiddos and not be completely bored. I think right now though, I'd rather eat tofu for a week than listen to a patch tape.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

A lot of my cousins have listened to Patch the Pirate, too, so there was one time that we sttod around quoting Patch the Pirate. It was great! \:D/ They're so quotable!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I listened to it. I only had three tapes though. My grandma would get them for my sisters and I for Christmas.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

EUCC wrote:oh mercy. It was approved by my college, so yes, I've listened to it. I listened to it when I was a little kiddo too. They have a lot of puns and spoofs on other stuff so adults can listen with their kiddos and not be completely bored. I think right now though, I'd rather eat tofu for a week than listen to a patch tape.
What does you college have to do with it? No, tofu would not be better. We have 2 but only know where one is...the mister slippy river race. goodness, I can't remember the last time I heard it!

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I'm a Patch the Pirate fan! \:D/ w00t! I think those tapes/CDs are great--especially "The Misterslippi River Race," its sequel "The Calliope Caper," "Patch the Pirate Goes to the Jungle," its sequel "Afraidika Fever," and (the first Patch tape I ever heard) "Kidnapped on I-Land"! I haven't heard the latest stories made (like "The Kashmere Kid" and "Shipwrecked on Pleasure Island"), but I'd kinda like to someday. Now, I don't listen to Patch very often at my age, but I still like most of his adventures. (Did I already say that? :anxious: )

Btw, if a Star Trek fan is called a Trekkie, does that mean a Patch fan is called a Patchie? And aren't the aPatchies an American Indian tribe? (j/k)
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Karin wrote:Have any of y'all listened to Patch the Pirate (Ron Hamilton) before? These tapes/cds are really good! They're exciting and teach kids Bible lessons. They're a lot of fun to listen to! \:D/
The website for more info on Patch the Pirate is: www.patchthepirate.org

EDIT: You can listen to parts of the Patch the Pirate adventures on this site, too. (The parts they play on the BBN radio station every Saturday)
I used to listen to it, and then I was like "Odysseys Better"....so I stopped. ;)