Marianne Moore

And her poems...

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Marianne Moore

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Is anyone familiar with Marianne Moore? I recently pulled a book of her poems off the shelf in the library just because I'm tired of the librarian hating me for only using the computers and thought she might start liking me if I checked out a book or two. Anyways, it worked, but I discovered that I really liked this poet! Here's one of my favourites so far:
To Come After a Sonnet
A very awkward sketch, 'tis true;
But since it is a sketch of you,
And then because i made it, too,
I like it here and there; --do you?

That's one of her much earlier and shorter poems. Her later ones are mostly pretty long (i.e., at least a page or two).

Has anyone else discovered this poet?
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I've never heard of her. I might have to look for one of her poetry books at the library.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I've never heard of her either, but then again I'm not really into poetry. :anxious:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny