Joshua Bell

...anyone?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Joshua Bell

Post by Carolita »

Last night Susie and I went to see a performance by Joshua Bell. It was so awesome! Ok, I'm going to be repetitious and say what I put on my blog:

I could fill this whole post with exclamation marks, but that would be cheesy compared to the amazing-ness of his playing.

It was so cool! He didn't play music, he became the music. They were so one that you'd never think that he and his violin could ever have been two.

Beautiful.

His harmonics were.......breath-taking. Especially that one. Dead silence except for that single, soft, strong harmonic. It was as if the violin was drawing the breath out of every person in the audience and breathing it down the strings.

....and his trills!....and his bowing!....and....and.....wowww *sighs*

He signed my program.
\:D/

So, anyone else out there who likes his playing? :)
Emily Witt
Tallying up

Post by Emily Witt »

Definitely! I saw him once on Sesame Street (I was really sick, and there was nothing but Spanish Soap Operas and Sesame Street on....) and I've been in love with his music ever since. I listen to "Romance of the Violin" several times a week. :)
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

you're making me sad that i didn't see this Russian pianist who is performing downtown in 7 minutes tonight....but yes I like Joshua Bell. My sister could have seen him for free but she chose not to (I guess like i'm missing this piano concert, but i really have to write a research paper). i have one recording of Josh's.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I got to meet him after a concert once. He seems rather nice. I enjoy his playing.
Emily Witt
Tallying up

Post by Emily Witt »

My favorite thing about him is the way his hair tosses around when he really gets into what he's playing (which is pretty much all the time :P) :inlove:
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

What would be really fun is seeing him accompany Josh Groban....*le sigh* :inlove:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

*has never seen him play or heard his music* :anxious:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Emily Witt wrote:My favorite thing about him is the way his hair tosses around when he really gets into what he's playing (which is pretty much all the time :P) :inlove:

*laughs!* Yeah, it looks really cool. :-