[ 1 post ] 
 Post Post subject: Welcome to the Book Club!
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:21 am 
I'll catch up to Bren!
The man that stops the monsters

Cash: 2,133.64
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)
Hey there, folks! Welcome to the shiny new Book Club! \:D/

Here's the plan: We'll be reading one book together per month, for a total of four books during Doctor Song's term(We'll see where this goes after that). To get things started quickly, we've already chosen the first book! We'll start reading in a week, September 18, 2015. In the future, we will use polls to choose books, with nominees from your suggestions! \:D/ If you like to read, sign up now! You won't wanna miss this. ;)

I want to lay down a few rules before we get started.

GENERAL RULES:

1. NO SPOILERS!
We want the books we read to be as enjoyable as possible, which for many, involves an element of surprise. Please make use of our [spoiler] tags when discussing the book before others have finished it. Please label your tags with the chapter or page number needed to understand the content.

2. You don't have to read every book
Membership in the Book Club isn't a commitment to read every book we choose. If you want to skip a book, that's totally cool. :)

ORGANIZATIONAL RULES:

1. Discussion of current book will be held in the main Book Club forum
Each book will have a thread for general discussion. If you have a topic that warrants a separate topic, by all means, start it! \:D/ I have a plan myself for a separate thread with our current book. ;) Once the new book is announced, topics for the old book will be moved to an archive, where they will remain unlocked until discussion ceases.

2. Discussion of other books should be in the Holstein's Books subforum, not here

That's about it, so with that, enjoy the Book Club! I can't wait to start reading with you. :)

Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 1 post ]