AIO Listening Party!

YOU'RE INVITED!!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Which 3 episodes would you like to hear?

"The Barclay Family Ski Vacation"
14%
"Ice Fishing"
21%
"Scattered Seeds"
4%
"Two Sides to Every Story"
14%
"Like Father, Like Son"
11%
"New Year's Eve Live!"
7%
"Snow Day"
29%

Total votes: 28

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

AIO Listening Party!

Post by snubs »

I thought instead of having a Christmas party, we should have a listening party! \:D/
It would be just as fun without having to spend a ton of time planning games and everything. :boohoo:

So, I (officially) cordially invite YOU to an Adventures in Odyssey listening party full of fun and uplifting conversation! \:D/

ImageImage LOCATION: ToO Chat Room

ImageImage DATE: Monday, December 21

ImageImage TIME: 6:00 pm (EST)
ImageImage Converted to your time zone:
  • Atlantic: 7:00 pm
  • Central: 5:00 pm
  • Mountain: 4:00 pm
  • Pacific: 3:00 pm
  • Alaska: 2:00 pm
The episodes we will be listening to (in this order) are as follows; "Ice Fishing," "Two Sides to Every Story," "Snow Day," and "The Barclay Family Ski Vacation"

Along with the members of the Soda Shop, I'm also inviting my (odysseymoments) Instagram followers and possibly some members of the Facebook group, AIOtrivia. \:D/ So, if you see some new users join us, please welcome them warmly and give them a reason to come back! ;)

P.S. In case you might be a little late, no worries! I don't plan to start the first episode until 7:00pm (EST). :)
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Closer to the middle of the day will be better for me, but the time zone converter doesn't work for me.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Connie G. wrote:Closer to the middle of the day will be better for me, but the time zone converter doesn't work for me.
What time zone are you in?
Last edited by snubs on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Snow Day x3.

Please. :)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Late Afternoon on the 19th is best for me. :)

Also, in case anyone's curious, I voted for "Ice Fishing", "Like Father, Like Son", and "Snow Day".
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

snubs wrote:
Connie G. wrote:Closer to the middle of the day will be better for me, but the time zone converter doesn't work for me.
Central? :anxious: :-k
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Connie G. wrote:
snubs wrote:
Central? :anxious: :-k
Well, if you live anywhere near I think you live (from when I was mailing you something), then yes, you are in Central. Which one hour behind EST (Eastern). ;)

This invite was posted on the Soda Shop too, and so far we have a vote for every date I provided. #-o Well two votes for each the 18th and 21st. Soooo, I'm still conflicted as to when. However, I am leaning a bit more toward the 21st, maybe around 6pm EST. BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW. :mad:
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

21st. Done.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'll try to make it for whatever \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'd like to (officially) cordially invite YOU to an Adventures in Odyssey listening party full of fun and uplifting conversation! \:D/

ImageImage LOCATION: ToO Chat Room

ImageImage DATE: Monday, December 21

ImageImage TIME: 6:00 pm (EST)
ImageImage Converted to your time zone:
  • Atlantic: 7:00 pm
  • Central: 5:00 pm
  • Mountain: 4:00 pm
  • Pacific: 3:00 pm
  • Alaska: 2:00 pm
The episodes we will be listening to (in this order) are as follows; "Ice Fishing," "Two Sides to Every Story," "Snow Day," and "The Barclay Family Ski Vacation"

Along with the members of the Soda Shop, I'm also inviting my (odysseymoments) Instagram followers and possibly some members of the Facebook group, AIOtrivia. \:D/ So, if you see some new users, please welcome them warmly and give them a reason to come back! ;)

P.S. In case you might be a little late, no worries! I don't plan to start the first episode until 6:30pm (EST). :)

I hope to see you there!!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

#MuchHype
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

TODAY'S THE DAY! THE SUN IS SHINING!
THE CHAT IS FULL! ... THE CHAT IS FULL!?!?! :shock:
Well, it better be this evening! :x
We'll all be listening through an online audio player that amazing Eugene created for us! \:D/ So be sure to give him a big thanks if you see him. :) The audio player will allow everyone to stay at the same place, and allow late arrivals to easily jump in. *The episodes are being streamed with permission from Focus on the Family.*

You can connect to the chat straight through the audio player, or go to chat.thetoo.com

The first episode may start as late as 7pm EST depending on how many people show up at the time (so no worries if you're late). For those of you who are on time or early, you will have a special treat to listen to! :p There will be music playing on the audio player up until the episode starts. So tune into that if you want! \:D/
THERE WILL BE POLKA MUSIC AND EVERYTHING. \:D/ :lol:

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! :x
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Penguin wrote:#MuchHype
I agree. I will be there. PEOPLE, do not disappoint us. Come and play nice with the new people. It'll be fun!
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thank you to everyone who came to the party!

I am pleased to say it was a smashing success!! \:D/ The audio player we streamed from worked great (thanks, Eugene)! We had several first time/new chatters join us and our total users on the chat was around 32!

After the last episode ended everyone was begging for me to play more! Haha. I wasn't expecting that. \:D/ So, we ended up listening to Snow Day AGAIN, after everyone was pretty much chanting for me to play it once more. Also, there was some late comers that had missed it, so I was like WHY NOT.

Needless to say, it was a blast! And I will definitely try to organize another one. :yes: It's funny though, that the intermission music between episodes almost seemed like everyone's favorite part. =p #PolkaTime

bookworm even hugged me.. =o so you know things got rrreeall. xD

He loves polka apparently, what can I say? *shrugs*

\:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

It was an awesome party. Thank you, snubs.

I liked the elevator tunes more than the polka though.. It was funny though how many people looked forward to Polka Time.
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Kaida wrote:It was an awesome party. Thank you, snubs.
My pleasure. =} It was even more awesome that YOU WERE THERE. \:D/ It worked out well.
Kaida wrote:I liked the elevator tunes more than the polka though.. It was funny though how many people looked forward to Polka Time.
I know, right. It seemed everyone had a love hate relationship with the polka. :p But I like the elevator music more as well. =p

For anyone interested, I did log the whole event. \:D/
So, if you're curious or bored and want to browse through, YOU CAN.
>> AIO Listening Party Chat Log <<