656 The Inspiration Station 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate The Inspiration Station, Part II

5 stars: Excellent!
17%
4 stars: Great!
47%
3 stars: Just Average.
28%
2 stars: Disappointing.
8%
1 star: Poor.
No votes

Total votes: 36

Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

656 The Inspiration Station 2

Post by Irwin »

Hoorah! \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Woohoo! Thanks, Irwin! :D
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

I can't listen right now...... :(
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

31899's notes
Whit sound more Whit like, but still needs quite a bit of work.

Why didn't they just turn Connie into a druggie. Also why does Connie always learn the same thing over and over again?

The inside of the Inspiration Station was fairly interesting. I enjoyed it being a big library.

I still don't like the bratty genius child. I don't like unrealism

The Connie inspiration messages from the fans were interesting.

I think there is a lacking in characters.

Is Whit's friend in the inspiration station?

Still am not liking the music.

Not as rough as the last episode

2.5 out of 5 ( if I had to choose, I'd round down)

Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Yahoo! Stays up 25 min. longer...
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

That wasn't just meant for Connie. I have so got to get a message to either Paul or Nathan after hearing that..
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

The unscripted fan submissions part was fantastic! The Paul McCusker scripted parts not so much. ;) He seems to have lost his touch. :(

Part 2 was worse than part 1, when I was hoping against hope that it would be better, as part 1 was very average.

Jeremy

P.S. Mortimer...needs...to...go. :p
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

31899 wrote:Also why does Connie always learn the same thing over and over again?
Because she's human, like the rest of us.
31899 wrote:I think there is a lacking in characters.
I agree on this. Not many characters in the episode (pretty much just Whit, Connie, Eugene and Matthew). I did like Mortimer! It was good to have a fresh character. :yes: I'd prefer the return of Wooton, though. ;)

Overall, a good episode. 3/5 or 4/5 stars, like part 1.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I love it! :D Thank you, Irwin!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Really enjoyed this second part. It was great to hear the new Whit get to say "oh, Connie". I'm already used to Andre, I was able to focus on the story without being distracted by his voice. I loved the "talk" he had with Connie, Andre has that emotion in his voice that Hal did. The fan submissions were great and with the music, my eyes actually started to get a little watery! Great job guys!
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

WindowWasher wrote:Really enjoyed this second part. It was great to hear the new Whit get to say "oh, Connie". I'm already used to Andre, I was able to focus on the story without being distracted by his voice. I loved the "talk" he had with Connie, Andre has that emotion in his voice that Hal did. The fan submissions were great and with the music, my eyes actually started to get a little watery! Great job guys!
My thoughts exactly!! 5/5
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

My contest entry didn't make it in. :cry: *goes and cries in a corner.*

Anyway, I don't want to give a full review until I can listen to it one or two more times, but here are some of my initial thoughts on part 2:
  • 1. The music was a little overbearing in some scenes.
    2. Mortimer sounded to much like Wooton at times.
    3. The scene between Whit and Mrs. Parker felt kind of strange for some reason. Perhaps it was her acting.
    4. The fan submissions were great, although they would have been better if a certain person *ahem* had been included.
Also, when Mortimer says something about "putting some light on the subject," it reminded me of the Meet the Robinsons movie when the bad guy (whatever his name was) said the exact same thing. I wonder if that was an intentional reference.

Right now, I'd give both parts together a 3.5/5. I may change my rating later.
Last edited by EMBEE on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Main Thoughts
  • It was just as good as part one. It was a little heavy on the Whit/Connie discussions; not that that's a bad thing but, I think one lesson-teaching moment per episode is a good rule of thumb. :wink: I also didn't like the scene in the inspiration station. It seemed a lot like Truth Chronicles. But, overall, it was pretty good. The fan submission thing worked really well!
Acting
  • Andre's awesome! He seems to be fitting in better and better every episode which is very cool!
  • I love Jess Harnell!
The Inspiration Station
  • It's fine but, I was kind of expecting it to be a regularly used invention. I don't see how it could be used again unless... they want to do a whole bunch of shows on inspiration. :anxious:
Music
  • What was with the very first part of the intro. It wasn't bad but, my initial instinct upon pressing play was, "this isn't Odyssey."
Other Notes
  • What about the red button?!?! :mad:
Rating
  • 3/5
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I agree, KBT, where's the red button?!

Andre is great! Why the big fuss over the Inspiration Station, though. And Mortimer sounds awesome!

And MB...that certain person *ahem* would be me! I didn't enter though...
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I was thinking the other day though and now that there is no Grady, Wooton has sort of lost his purpose in AIO.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

31899 wrote:I was thinking the other day though and now that there is no Grady, Wooton has sort of lost his purpose in AIO.

No, I don't think so. Apart from Bernard, Rodney or Jared, he's one of the funniest characters the show has ever had. (Most younger kids would undoubtedly agree.) I am wondering what epsisodes he'll appear in, though; he isn't mentioned in any of the episode summaries on AIOWiki. :-k I'm really hoping to see him again soon.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jumpman256
Lurker

Post by Jumpman256 »

My review of the whole episode (Parts 1 and 2) is as follows:
Let's start with Andre. I personally think that he is really good (not awesome, but close) I definitely detect more Hal in there than Paul.
Connie and Eugene were fantastic in both parts (and I actually liked Eugene's return to full nerddom) ;)
But now to the meat of this review--The Inspiration Station itself.
Ever since the end of the last season, I'd been mulling over one fact: Whit said point-blank to Connie that this invention was BETTER than the Imagination Station. High praise indeed. I was a little dissapointed that we didn't see how the Inspiration Station worked in Part 1--until I realized that we were going to get to experience it as it should be--through the eyes of a customer. Good for them. :)
So Matt goes in, pushes the red button (and yes, those of you who asked, the red button is there, on the wall of the Station) and...
My friends, IMO.....Whit was exactly right. The Inspiration Station is the Imagination Station on steroids. For the person who said that they couldn't see it being used more than once....are you kidding? It could replace all his other inventions with the library alone. Think of it: They could see consequences of actions (ROC) they could see history unfold (Imagination Station) step into someone else's shoes (Transmuter)....the list goes on. I can see this used a lot of ways, especially if there's a trip that involves more than one history stop (ie: Something Significant) In short, this machine is AWESOME. I want more! :)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Whit seems to enjoy the color red, as two inventions of his now have that color button.

I am still rather unsure of what the purpose of the Inspiration Station is. Not because things were resolved with Connie--that actually cleared a lot up. Rather, it was because of Matthew's trip. I liked that part of the episode, Mortimor is one of the more unique one-time(?) characters we've seen in--a while, really, and the point was taken. However, it sounded almost like a Room of Consequence adventure. Matthew didn't act anything out, especially since he was getting a lesson regarding something he'd already done, but still.

Perhaps, if the Inspiration Station sticks around, we'll find out. If Connie's trips and Matthews trip were that different, perhaps there is more to that invention then meets the eye. It is, after all, an invention of Whit's.

Speaking of Whit, I'm afraid it may take me a while to get used to Andre. He's continuing to do a good job, but he still sounds very different most of the time. Just as it took a while with Paul, I'm sure I'll get used to Andre over time as well.

Eugene was classic. His fumblings after he was given the reins of Connie's show was funny. Props to Will Ryan.

Finally, and this is the main reason I liked part 1 more than part 2, I was kinda unsure of what the message of this episode was at the end. Sure, things were resolved with Connie, but was the message? That we should be comforted by our own works? The Lutheran in me thinks that sounds just a tad too humanistic.

Overall, not a bad start to the season. I'll give a preliminary ranking of 3 for both parts, though this may change after we've heard more of the season and can give this two-parter some context.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Jonathan wrote:Overall, not a bad start to the season. I'll give a preliminary ranking of 3 for both parts, though this may change after we've heard more of the season and can give this two-parter some context.
I really think this is key. I absolutely feel like I need to hear some more of the season before I can even begin to thoroughly rate these episodes.

I said it for last week's episode, and I'll say it again: I'm really impressed with Andre. There are times when he sounds so much like Hal to me it's ridiculous. I told my sister last night that I'll have to hear him laugh before I can fully accept him as Whit, though. And she still contends it'll take her awhile to get used to him, but I said, "I got used to Paul, so I know I can get used to Andre."

I wasn't a huge fan of the Inspiration Station . . . it kind of freaked me out. But then I realized if I'd heard the Imagination Station for the first time now as a twenty-one-year-old I'd probably feel the same. So I tried to imagine hearing it as a kid, and I was impressed. I think it'll grow on me.

Overall, I think it was a pretty average couple of episodes. 3/5

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just added a poll, so everyone can vote now. \:D/

I don't know quite what to think of this episode - I did like it well enough. Mortimer sounded just a tad too much like Wooton, but he wasn't too bad. The radio show was quite funny with classic Connie/Eugene interaction. :lol:
Congrats to the people whose entries were chosen for the episode!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.