602: "Mum's the Word"

Review it here!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What would you rate "Mum's the Word"

5 Stars:It was wonderful!
49%
4 Stars:If it had a dash more Trent, it would have been perfect!
35%
3 Stars:It wasn't exactly earth-shattering.
5%
2 Stars:Okay,that was bad....
5%
1 Stars:Terrible!
5%

Total votes: 37

Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Shame on you!:shame:

(joking! ;) )
Nate Jones
AIO Sound Engineer

Post by Nate Jones »

Mrs. Claus wrote:
Conniefan wrote:i love bernard!!! my mom does too :-s
It sounds like you have a smart mom! \:D/ My parents like Bernard too - he's one of those characters that's hard not to like!

It will be interesting to see how much Trent/Mandy romance we'll actually get to see. :-k Since I like stuff like that, I wouldn't mind hearing more. \:D/
Bernard is even more fun in person. Especially at breakfast and the studio and lunch and dinner and whenever he runs into Tony Shalhoub "
Save that for another time. He is one great guy and the best part is that his humor isn't dirty in real life. Love him!
Nate
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nate Jones wrote:
Mrs. Claus wrote:
Conniefan wrote:i love bernard!!! my mom does too :-s
It sounds like you have a smart mom! \:D/ My parents like Bernard too - he's one of those characters that's hard not to like!

It will be interesting to see how much Trent/Mandy romance we'll actually get to see. :-k Since I like stuff like that, I wouldn't mind hearing more. \:D/
Bernard is even more fun in person. Especially at breakfast and the studio and lunch and dinner and whenever he runs into Tony Shalhoub "
Save that for another time. He is one great guy and the best part is that his humor isn't dirty in real life. Love him!
Nate
Cool! I'm sure that he would be a really interesting person to meet! I love the way that his character on "The Partridge Family" seems so Bernard-like.

If you have more Bernard/Dave Madden stories, we all definitely would love to hear them! \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!! One of my all time favorites! Trent likes Mandy :inlove: and he thinks she likes him because he delivered the valentine to her from Max :kiss: who won't let Trent tell Mandy the truth :explode: so he tells Connie who writes a story about it for her book :read: which Mandy steals for a project and it gets published in the newspaper :eek!: which makes Max mad :mad2: so he goes on Candid Conversations With Connie to spill Trent's crush when Trent, Mandy, and Liz burst in :jack: and everyone ends up spilling their deepest, darkest secrets!! :rofl2: (That was a mouth full!) I love everything about it, especially the first scene and the scene in the radio studio. To this episode I give a full :thewave: !

:offtopic2: I wonder what Trent & Mandy's kids will look like?!!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

This is one of my all-time favorites! I can't get enough of Trent and Mandy. I was just starting to get involved with Odyssey when I heard this episode for the first time. I was tickled pink to find out (years later) that I listened to it on the original airdate!

Max hits the red button to broadcast everything that happens in the studio. Everyone leaks out their secrets, and not-soon-enough they find out what Max did. Connie admits that she fears staplers, and Liz admits she still has a crush on Alex Jefferson. They should have realized that anything in a radio studio may be broadcast or recorded! It makes me glad that this is only fiction and not real life.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:This is one of my all-time favorites! I can't get enough of Trent and Mandy.
I share similar opinions to the ones expressed by the person quoted above.
acbulldog57
Just visiting

Post by acbulldog57 »

I really enjoyed this episode. The characters fit almost perfectly together and I found the "blame game" quite entertaining. How anyone could even consider eating an orange without peeling it is beyond me.
4/5
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I tried an orange peel once after I listened to this episode. :sick: They only taste good in gourmet cookies.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Nerds are strange children. XDDD

Or teenagers. XDDDD

I personally love this episode. The story for the whole thing is great, and I LOVE the way Max's valentine and Connie's book were all tied together. KUDOS TO MISTER H!

Now, when we get onto the subject of Trent and Mandy, first of all, allow me to say that I LOVE them together. Seriously. They're my fave, along with a hint of Alliz (like the portmanteau? Made it up myself :)). And the teen dating thing, well, it is indeed a very touchy subject in Christian circles (and in some it's not touchy at all--take a look at your basic middle school; I've heard stories from some kids at my church who are talking about "going out"--the 2009 way of saying "going steady"). But I think FotF would handle it in a very biblical perspective, and that they would probably start the two of them dating in high school and take the whole thing S-L-O-W-L-Y. They would probably handle it much like Eugene/Katrina from a high school perspective.

It was a hilarious episode, though!

"Okay, so I checked and a flight south of the border would cost roughly two years of allowance."

XDDDDD
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog