602: "Mum's the Word"

Review it here!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What would you rate "Mum's the Word"

5 Stars:It was wonderful!
49%
4 Stars:If it had a dash more Trent, it would have been perfect!
35%
3 Stars:It wasn't exactly earth-shattering.
5%
2 Stars:Okay,that was bad....
5%
1 Stars:Terrible!
5%

Total votes: 37

Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

602: "Mum's the Word"

Post by Kairi »

What did you think of it? I'll post my review later.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Wow, I'm suprised noone started a topic about this before today.. ;)

I liked it, I was really good. The first scene with Trent and Mandie was hilarious, and the radio scenes were funnny also. I also enjoyed hearing Bernard in top form, he was really good in this episode. 4/5 stars.
...I hate marquees.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I was really really worried at the beginning. Just because we know the end of this storyline doesn't mean we need those cliched scenes.

However, after we got the first scene out of the way, things got much much better. As J-man said, Bernard was in top form and was absolutely halirious, and I've decided Dave Madden needs to move to California so he can be on the show more, because he was just plain classic in this ep.

Even the on-air button joke was funny the second time.

I enjoyed this ep (first scene aside) probably more then any other one this season. A very nice follow up to The Present Long Ago.

edit-Smaug and me must've pushed submit at the same time, b/c I immediately cliked the view my message and hers was there already o_O
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

He he... sometimes I eat oranges without peeling them too... :-$

Haha really funny episode.

My favourite line is probably:

Mandy: Trent what are you doing on your knees?

Trent: Mandy... will you... will you lift your foot? I dropped my spoon.

lol \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

One of the best episodes this season. :hilarious:

It was really neat to see the relationship between Mandy and Trent develop, even if they are only friends at this point. I'm sure it'll grow into something more in a few years. ;) It'll be interesting to see if Odyssey ever does an episode about dating, although that could be somewhat difficult to explain to the younger audience. At any rate, I'm really hoping the Mandy/Trent storyline will continue in the years to the come. Aside from Jimmy, we haven't really seen any Odyssey kids grow up on the show.

I also enjoyed how the writers tied everything together with Connie's book and Max's valentine. It's subtle, but it's great for the dedicated fans who pick up on every nuance throughout the episode. Kudos to Nathan Hoobler for doing such a great job. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote: edit-Smaug and me must've pushed submit at the same time, b/c I immediately cliked the view my message and his was there already o_O
*cough* Hers was already there, Jonathan dear.

I loved this episode! It was funny and interesting and tied in a few different things that were going on, and I loved those lines that Smaug just posted - too funny! :lol: I listened while I was in a university computer lab, trying not to laugh too loud so that I didn't look like an idiot. I loved getting more of the story that started in "The Present Long Ago" and some of the other little references, and as a few people have already mentioned, Bernard was fabulous! \:D/ This is an episode that I know that I will enjoy listening to many times in the future! The only thing that I didn't eraly like was that Trent sounded a bit different, but that really isn't his fault, so whatever.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

4 stars. Bernard was great. Them saying all the stuff on the air was hilarious. Trent and Mandy's lines, especialy about him on his knees was great.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

What a great episode!

I loved it. I was thinking I was going to be disappointed when it started out the way it did but I must say I was very impressed. I loved Bernard. He has always been among my very favorite in Odyssey and as J-man said, Bernard was in top form! I loved the Russian names, hilarious. :hilarious:

I even found myself liking that first scene when I listened to it for a second time. Lots of funny lines in that one!

The one problem I had was Connie asking Max to do Candid Conversations with Connie before finding out what his "big scoop" was. She's done that so many times seems like she would have learned her lesson. I don't know, maybe not. I like how she seems to be maturing more and more as a christian, watching her give more Whit-like advise was really cool.

Great episode! I gave it 5 stars.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

macnut24 wrote:What a great episode!

I loved it. I was thinking I was going to be disappointed when it started out the way it did but I must say I was very impressed. I loved Bernard. He has always been among my very favorite in Odyssey and as J-man said, Bernard was in top form! I loved the Russian names, hilarious. :hilarious:
Agreed.....the Russian names were great. I loved the "will you...lift your foot I dropped my spoon" :D I was a little concerned as well, I didn't want them to get into them dating too soon (though I really hope that they follow Mandy and Trent until they get married (and after--"oh hey Connie, it's good to see you I'm so glad you could make it to Trent Jr.'s wedding" lol) and do some eps on dating...I mean, we know it's going to happen so why not?) also Bernard was the BEST EVER!!! loved it.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

This ep was great! I was trying to deiced between 4 stars or 5 stars. I think it was good for 4 1/2 stars, but I voted 5 stars. It was pretty funny. :lol:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I loved this episode!! It is my favorite episode this season, at least so far. 5 stars. =D> \:D/
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Did anyone else notice that Max sounded like Jared when he said one or two of his lines?

Like when he said, "Somehow got out." He sounded just like Jared to me? Did anyone notice that?

Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I liked it but at the end in the radio station it seemed like the kids were more mature than connie at one point. It was incredibly funny and I adore the beginning! But at the end it seemed like they were desperate to add Liz so they just threw her into the radiostation. 5 stars though! I hope they do an episode on Mandy and Trent's relationship :inlove:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Who is Chuck? And hwy was he practicing his violin the cafeteria?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Macnut

Post by Macnut »

Chuck! I thought he as hilarious!

Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Definitely one of my favorite episodes so far this season...

The opening scene was very funny, but it took me a second to realize it was trent because his voice does appear to be changing. I loved Chuck playing the violin, the onion ring, Trent trying to get Mandy's chair for her, and Trent getting on his knees.

Bernard was definitely at his prime with the metaphor about his uncle covering in his bald spot with a brown marker :hilarious: and the Russian names were great, especially when he ran out of names.

I think Max's voice seems different as well and I liked how they put four kids into the episode, I'm not sure if they've done that in awhile.

The "on the air" scene was a great ending, but one thing bothers me, and that is that they seem to keep trying to keep Alex Jefferson in the story with little things here and there but we haven't heard from him since album 40 in BTV: Behind the Scenes, I think. I liked all the funny embarassing subjects that were brought up, especially how they brought up again Connie's fear of staplers :D and I kinda like how Max was disciplined by Bernard at the end, but it kind of seemed force to me :anxious:

4/5 Great job Nathan! =D>
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

macnut24 wrote:Chuck! I thought he as hilarious!
Neh, I just caught this ep again in the car a little while ago, and still thought that first scene was awfully cheesy. Rest of the ep was still good though :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

agent3xq wrote: The "on the air" scene was a great ending, but one thing bothers me, and that is that they seem to keep trying to keep Alex Jefferson in the story with little things here and there but we haven't heard from him since album 40 in BTV: Behind the Scenes, I think.
That is the last time that we heard from Alex, but I still liked the crush line, since it ties into "Slumber Party," an ep that I find rather amusing. Poor Liz...you'd think that she hould have moved on in her affections by now, but apparently not. ;)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

This is definitely my favorite show this season! (At least so far.) I loved the way they tied this episode in with so much information from previous episodes. Obviously The Present Long Ago, but also Liz and her crush on Alex, and Connie's fear of staplers. The episode was very funny, and although it was a bit predictable, it was still unpredictable enough to be awesome. Contrary to Jonathan (:shock:), I really liked the first scene. Although it was a bit cheesy, it was still really funny. :D

5/5
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Jonathan wrote:edit-Smaug and me must've pushed submit at the same time, b/c I immediately cliked the view my message and his was there already o_O
Yeah I noticed that too...Although I would have said SHE Jonathan... :-