602: "Mum's the Word"

Review it here!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What would you rate "Mum's the Word"

5 Stars:It was wonderful!
49%
4 Stars:If it had a dash more Trent, it would have been perfect!
35%
3 Stars:It wasn't exactly earth-shattering.
5%
2 Stars:Okay,that was bad....
5%
1 Stars:Terrible!
5%

Total votes: 37

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Smaug the dragon wrote:Although I would have said SHE Jonathan... :-
Yeah, me too.

*goes to edit message as he should've yesterday*
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Wow, where did that first scene come from? :-s I didn't make a noise the entire first scene, because I was sure it was only a dream and was waiting for Trent to "wake up." After the scene ended, I paused the episode, sat there for a while, and then laughed harder than I think I've ever laughed at an AIO scene before! It was such a bizarre scene and I couldn't believe I was hearing this in an Odyssey episode.

However, like Jonathan, I didn't like the scene at all. It was totally un-AIO and didn't fit with the rest of the episode at all (other than the fact that it's a part of the same story). Yes, it was very funny, but I would have preferred it as a "bonus" mini-story. It was way too over-the-top for a normal AIO. And after a second listen, it quickly lost it's humor, unlike the rest of the ep.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the episode. It was extremely amusing, and it was great to hear the Trent/Mandy story continued. I'm really liking these "conundrum" episodes that AIO has been doing lately, and as long as they stay original as they have thus far, I say keep 'em up! It was great to have a full cast of kids interacting in this show, and Connie and Bernard's parts were great! I expect this to be one of my favorites of the season.

4 stars! (It would have been 5, but that opening scene knocked it down a point for me.)
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

i really liked it, i think its really funny, but trent and max were diferent people so that sorta made me mad bc they have hardly been on, but thats ok.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Actually, Trent sounded different, but it was the same actor ;)

I absolutely loved this episode—it was hilarious! I loved everything, including the first scene. Greatly enjoyed was the continued storyline of Mandy and Trent, which was brought up in "A Present Long Ago." I liked the fact that so many of the Odyssey kids were in the same episode. The only thing I didn't like was the different actor for Max—he went from a high-ish voice to a lower voice, and back to a slightly higher voice. :x And a couple parts were predicatable (I knew the "on air" light was going to go on), but still, overall, it was a great five-star episode.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Boring episode. I think romantic stuff is stuff and nonssense. Ugh.. I hate it when AIO episodes are like this... though I loved bernard. 1 star
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

That was a great show!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!

-Robo
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

fatlooy wrote:i really liked it, i think its really funny, but trent and max were diferent people so that sorta made me mad bc they have hardly been on, but thats ok.
Shadowpaw hasn't updated AIOSF for "Mum's the Word" yet, but just from hearing him I can tell Trent is the same actor...you can't blame the poor guy because his voice is changing. I just think it makes it realler (if that's even a word...) they can't keep him a little kid forever cuz he's not anymore.

About Max...I'm not sure if he's the same voice or not, he's already been 2 different people, but seeing as he's NOT a major character, it shouldn't matter that much!
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:Boring episode. I think romantic stuff is stuff and nonssense. Ugh.. I hate it when AIO episodes are like this... though I loved bernard. 1 star
you're just not old enough to like it :-

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I really liked Bernard in this episode.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

One thing that I didn't like was Bernard. If Bernard's in an episode I'd like to see him have a bigger part. In this episode he seemed like a side charactor to me.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Darth Birdie wrote:One thing that I didn't like was Bernard. If Bernard's in an episode I'd like to see him have a bigger part. In this episode he seemed like a side charactor to me.
But a side character with really funny lines \:D/

Besides, come to think of it, most of the eps he's in he's a supporting character.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

5 stars!!! I loved the spoon line. And Chuck? That was great. I loved the russian names!
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Jonathan wrote:
Darth Birdie wrote:One thing that I didn't like was Bernard. If Bernard's in an episode I'd like to see him have a bigger part. In this episode he seemed like a side charactor to me.
But a side character with really funny lines \:D/

Besides, come to think of it, most of the eps he's in he's a supporting character.
Yeah, I guess so but I've never been a big Bernard fan... But I'll admit it laughed when he called Connie Dmetry!
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

i love bernard!!! my mom does too :-s

but any way i liked this episode ok... i loved the whole connie and bernard thing. i think it would be so cool if they followed mandy and trent all the way until they get married (because we know they will) :D
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

We could be here a while in that case... :-
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Conniefan wrote:i love bernard!!! my mom does too :-s
It sounds like you have a smart mom! \:D/ My parents like Bernard too - he's one of those characters that's hard not to like!

It will be interesting to see how much Trent/Mandy romance we'll actually get to see. :-k Since I like stuff like that, I wouldn't mind hearing more. \:D/
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Catspaw wrote:
Conniefan wrote:i love bernard!!! my mom does too :-s
It sounds like you have a smart mom! \:D/ My parents like Bernard too - he's one of those characters that's hard not to like!
Unless you are Little Bird, then you say things like, "I've never been a big Bernard fan." :shame: Such a bum...;)

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Yeah, I laugh at his lines and without him Odyssey would be like nachos without the cheese. ;)
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:Boring episode. I think romantic stuff is stuff and nonssense. Ugh.. I hate it when AIO episodes are like this... though I loved bernard. 1 star
you're just not old enough to like it :-[/quote]

thats exacutualy what i was going to say.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

pinkjeans92 wrote:
you're just not old enough to like it :-
Well, that's debatable because there are 12 year olds who would love it. Anyway, Hakeber, it was just supposed to be funny, not like a real romance thing...anywho...

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Shame on me, I never gave my input on this episode - I even forgot how I voted (Four, maybe?)!

I thought this episode was cute, and not too corny. It was a nice, humorous episode that didn't go overboard like others have lately.