606: "The Chosen One II"

**Spoilers**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How did you like this ep?

5 stars: Out of this world!
18%
4 stars: great
54%
3 stars: okay
29%
2 stars: I've heard better
No votes
1 star: I wished I had never listened to it
No votes

Total votes: 28

Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

606: "The Chosen One II"

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

Please lock until Saturday. Thanks! :)

Edited to fix poll. :) ~Vixen

Edited to fix episode number. :) ~Holly
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Bah! I figured out the Wahsingtons were going to adopt Keppy because it's the 'right' thing to do.... obviouslt
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Good two parter. However, the 2nd parter didn't try anything new. They simply did a mix of what Odyssey neglected to touch base on Xavier, Nick, The Mulligans, Tony...etc...

Bennett
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

It was kind of a disappointment, too much of it was spent with the Washingtons deciding to adopt Kelly rather than figuring out who Kelly was. The whole mystery atmosphere that was built up in the first episode just ended up going to waste here.

Three stars overall.

EDIT: Oneplace got the name of this episode wrong, they have it down as "The Chosen" part one and two, rather than "The Chosen One" part one and two. \:D/
Last edited by Skid on Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good episode, although a bit of a letdown to last week's. Part One had mystery all throughout the episode, while this episode seemed rather normal. I wasn't really expecting a whole lot of mystery in this episode, but I was hoping to hear more from Kelly. I am glad, however, that there was no huge twist in the plot in this episode—like Kelly being connected with Leonard Meltsner or anyone important.

I did enjoy this episode and was glad to hear of the Washington's decision to become her foster parents. But I also wished Kelly was in more than two scenes. I’m pleased to hear that we’ll be hearing from her again, and I am hopeful of episodes to come...it will be very interesting, having the Washingtons raise Kelly and deal with her past.

Obviously, the question about whether Kelly was really smoking was answered. ;)

There are still some unanswered questions about Connie’s book. Other than the fact that Kelly didn’t want anyone to find her, we have no reason as to why Kelly erased it.
Last edited by H Tide on Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:Bah! I figured out the Wahsingtons were going to adopt Keppy because it's the 'right' thing to do.... obviouslt
Yeah, I thought it was a lame ending, too.
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

This one was kind of lame compared to to some others.
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

its good i think tamjk s evny but good ep good work AIO :thewave:
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

not as good as the first ep. i was a little disappointed, but i knew the Washingtons would end up doing it! i'm excited to know that we will be hearing more from Kelly in the future. we could have a lot more interesting eps as she learns from the Washington's, finds out if she's going back to live with her mom, becomes a Christian (i mean, that has to be in the plans...), etc. i think i'm really going to like her character. when they told Marvin "you've never even met her" i realized for like, the first time, that he hadn't been in on any of it! and had Elaine? i'm glad they mentioned Antoin and Xavier--i miss them. but, back to the main story line--i'm glad they had Kelly return the money, but i'm really confused about the book! i'm pretty sure she didn't erase it and it's still out there somewhere....but still, that's a loose end it just seems they forgot to tie up. i wish this ep had a bit more suspense/drama/mystery to it, to tie up what they did last week, but oh well. she should totally be Bennet Charles daughter--okay, so no, i was just kidding.... :anxious:

3.5 stars

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

It would have been nice to hear more about Kelly, but I imagine that now we will hear more from her. :wink:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The only thing I didn't like is that it seemed to overemphasize the goodness of Man.
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

How? :-s

Anyway, I really liked this one. I had a feeling Kelly's story wouldn't be able to be wrapped up in one episode, so I'm glad she's staying with the Washingtons.

And there are a few more questions I want answered:

1. Did Kelly erase Connie's book?

2. If so, why?

3. Why did she send back the money? (Although we sort of got the answer to that.)

4. What's her last name?

5. Was she really in Juvenile Dentention? (I doubt it.)

And it was so sweet when Kelly and Tamika were trying out the keyboard together. They really did sound like two kids talking about "kid stuff."

All in all, I loved it, 5 stars, can't wait to see Kelly again!
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I guess some of us had expacations high like all questions would be answered. I did give it 5 stars, but see why if people were disapointed or let down. Hoping we will learn a lot more of Kelly in the future.

One thing that was left out. All the talk of foster children and parents, and no mention of the Mulligans and all the kids they took in. At least a mention of them would be nice.

And the other questions above.

Look at next week's title.

The Undeniable Truth

Do you think Kelly's story will be continued ?
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I liked the episode, especially because of the adoption-related theme.
Jimmy Barclay wrote:Look at next week's title.

The Undeniable Truth

I'm expecting a Leonard Meltsner episode. But if it isn't that, then it probably is Kelly. Or I could be completely surprised.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Holly wrote:I liked the episode, especially because of the adoption-related theme.
Jimmy Barclay wrote:Look at next week's title.

The Undeniable Truth

I'm expecting a Leonard Meltsner episode. But if it isn't that, then it probably is Kelly. Or I could be completely surprised.
I am hoping that we return to the Eugene/Leonard storyline. I am really wondering about that one.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Next week's will be about Eugene, the Hand Up organization, and Leonard's notion from CoD that the organization is a waste of time.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

underdogfan710 wrote:How? :-s
Well they talked a lot about how the girl was really a "good person" deep down. But the Bible says there's no such thing as a good person.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Well, obviously the human heart is sinful. But they weren't trying to emphasize the Kelly was totally good, but rather that there was more to her than her tough exterior.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I gave it 4 stars:

I liked the whole story line and the fact of bringing in a new character, but I kind of wish they would've moved the story line along quicker. I like the small detail of adding Tamika talking about "Rose Pedals of Love" song and I'm hoping for a Eugene and Leonard episode next week, but there's a good chance they'll continue with another Kelly episode
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

H Tide wrote:Well, obviously the human heart is sinful. But they weren't trying to emphasize the Kelly was totally good, but rather that there was more to her than her tough exterior.
Still, it sounded like they unintentionally mentioned her being "good" way too much. It could have been worded better.