607: "The Undeniable Truth"

**Spoilers**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Please honestly rate the show.

5 stars – One of the best!
23%
4 stars – Good to very good.
58%
3 stars – Eh, mediocre. Run-of-the-mill.
15%
2 stars – Not quite up to par.
No votes
1 star – If this episode were a gift, I'd regift it!
4%

Total votes: 26

Taq
A great mapmaker

607: "The Undeniable Truth"

Post by Taq »

Hand Up has been tried and found worthwhile. Good news for me!

There were a lot of good ideas in this episode. It made sense to have a little downtime in between finding Leonard and ramping up the chase. The tension between Leonard and Eugene worked. Eugene has become a Christian, and his values have accordingly changed. Another mention of Dalton? I think we will hear from him come this spring.

I was floored to hear from Margaret Faye, but not disappointed though her appearance did seem random. After a little research at our favorite AIOSF, Mayor Faye has only appeared in five other episodes, the last one being in Fall 1998. Hmm, the actress does not play any other characters, either. Curious. Anyways, she made the perfect pushy other antagonist. Eugene had not one but two characters against him in Faye and Leonard, but he overcame in the end. I did quietly chuckle when he turned the crowd to Whit and admitted nervousness.

The reappearance of the Edulink gives me hope that it will be used in some grand way.

Bonus points to Marshal Younger for including a crossword reference at the beginning! Leonard, Leonard, I bet it was a pop culture clue that foiled you.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

The episode, however nice plot it might have, seemed weak - if only a bit. I liked the idea of Leonard reappearing in the episode, and a sudden Faye coming back (though I found it weak that Faye said she'd drop by for 'really, an ice cream cone' or something, and Whit said he'd be around or so. Faye and Mr. Whitakker = Ick. Remember? She proposed to him.) ... but the Edulink I've been despising ever since it was created in 'Impossible' or whatever that ep was labeled. It seems too illogical - it's almost Deus ex machina, minus the fact that the lifesaver IS a machine. Concurrently, I don't think Faye would appear after all this just to clear up a tabloid article. Did she have to have a trip to the ob-gyn just to clarify she didn't deliver a 25-pound-alien? <_<

If the first half of the episode seemed rushed, the second half attempted to cram various elements - not all of which were sound - into about 8-10 minutes.

Also, I think Chris called it 'An Undeniable Truth', not 'The Undeniable Truth'.

In all, I think it deserves a 3.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I thought this was a great episode—one of the best this season. I loved the storyline between Leonard and Eugene—how Eugene wanted to convince his father that his work with Hand Up was valuable and fulfilling. The episode was exciting and suspenseful, and the ending was very satisfying. Though since we haven't heard from Dalton Kern, Leonard's fear of being found out seems a bit irrational to me (but I know it isn’t for nothing)

Kudos for having Katrina in an episode again! We've only heard from her one other time this season, and it was nice to hear her again. It was also nice to hear Margaret Faye again (after eight years ;)), although I thought it was a different actress at first. Yes, she is still mayor.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

When I first read about this episode a few weeks ago, I wasn't sure what to think. After all, it would be the last episode of the season, so why not end on a cliffhanger note? Throughout the episode, we hear references to Dalton Kern, but there still isn't any real development taking place here with that story arc. And you know what...I think that's great.

This is the first episode since "Cover of Darkness" where we hear Leonard. It begins with some very fun banter between Eugene and Katrina - very "in-character" for the two. It's also nice to hear Leonard interacting with the two of them, as we've only heard Eugene talk about Katrina to his father in the past. I love the dialogue in this episode - not only is there dialogue that moves the story along, but also "normal, everyday" dialogue that makes the story fun to listen to. For example, take Eugene's conversation with Whit about Hand Up's running event before Margaret Faye walks in. It isn't central to the conflict in the episode, but it sounds so much like the characters we love.

Speaking of which, continuity is another aspect of this show that is always great to hear. Mayor Faye (who's perfectly in-character), the use of the EduLink, and hearing the Ashantis are all elements that make this episode so enjoyable to listen to. The suspense at the end brings about some very tense, heart-pounding moments. I could almost feel Eugene's nervousness as he was trying to make the presentation. And then the music in that scene! As Leonard saved the day, I couldn't help but be awed by John Campbell's incredible musical score - it complemented the atmosphere and reactions from the citizens at City Hall so perfectly.

Finally, I want to tip my hat to the writer(s) for the excellent moral in this episode. And you're right, Sarai...Chris did call it "An Undeniable Truth." A reference to Al Gore's recent film?

(8 out of 10)
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I noticed that Chris said at the end, "Our sound designer was GAP Digital." Whereas, on the AIOHQ, it says the sound designer was Allen Hurley. :-s Which one is right?
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

I was very disappointed at the episode. I gave it 1 star. It was probably worth 1 1/2 stars. I was hoping for an up beat high chasing ep, but I guess it makes sense that it was a slower episode.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Wow; Audrey Waselewski did great! Her acting wasn't forced, and she really did sound like Katrina. I had to listen to the first few lines several times b/c it was so funny. That arguement was so, so, well, Meltsner like.

Anyway, I enjoyed this one. Good solid plot and acting and, very important here, dialogue. Nice end to a good season. 5 stars.
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

leorad hero of the day i gave 4 stars ok ep
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Huzzah for Eugene Meltsner and his dad! I like the whole search-for-Eugene's-father saga. In this episode, Leonard was willing to make a public appearance to help Eugene out of a tough spot. Making a public appearance would enable his oppressor Dalton Kearn to find him. That's sacrifice.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The story was great.I remember listening to it for the first time and my mom said Leonard will go and help him.4 and 3/4 stars.