609: "Prequels of Love"

Episode Reviews! ::SPOILERS::

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate this episode?

5 Stars: As spectacular as Bart's life insurance policy
41%
4 Stars: As delightful as Whit's wedding proposal idea
48%
3 Stars: As good as Maude's chicken costume
7%
2 Stars: As boring as Bernard's squeegee and bucket
5%
1 Stars: As bad as Whit getting Jenny mixed up with Eloise
No votes

Total votes: 44

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

^That's what Watson and I were saying to each other - "Tornado...in February???" :-k

But I really enjoyed this episode - it was so hilarious! :hilarious: I think I liked all of Bernard's animal noises the best! \:D/

4/5
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Well, considering that Odyssey doesn't follow Earth time...;) :lol:

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:Another one of my 'Review while I listen' moments.

Te end's kind of sad, because while Bart and Bernard can call and talk to their wives, Whit can't do that anymore. Not until he gets to heaven, anyway.

Haystack
It didn't hit me when I heard it, but yeah,it is sad.

Love this review, with all the smileys!
AbbyGB123
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AbbyGB123 »

I loved Bart and Doris's story :hilarious:
Abigail Grace Brooker
odysseyer
Not as new

Post by odysseyer »

I thought that it was a great episode.
It was kinda sad at the end because whit could not talk to Jenny .
But over all I loved it .
4 stars all the way.
SweetJoy93
Not as new

Post by SweetJoy93 »

It was an interesting episode I was very happy though that they used the same younger Whit and Jack as in Tangled Web and that was a funny episode Bart was himself and Bernard was well interesting so yeah and I thought that was funny how Whit was cimbing up a cliff in a hurricane or whatever it was and he's just trying to purpose haha that would suck but it was funny.
What could be better than to see Jesus~

I have a favor if you've got even an extra dollar I need some donations for my collage fund which is about $8000.00 yep so please donations are very welcome!!!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I liked it. It was nice and appropriate for the holiday (I listened to it today randomly because I haven't been uptodate with AIO episodes, nice.) ... I give it 4.7 out of 5. Best lines:
Whit: Where's the basement?
Bart: Upstairs!
Bart: .. for Calvin.
Calvin: I'm Calvin. o_O;
Bart: Ah ah yes, Calvin.
Doris: ... yeah, she didn't use it much-
Calvin: Casey was my father.
Bart: But I thought Casey was Calvin's Avon lady..
[while bart is calling doris]
Bart: It's me! Bart Rathbone! No, really!
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Ruth
Not as new

Post by Ruth »

I loved this episode! I thought the different love stories were hysterical.
Ruth 4 Jesus
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

This episode had me laughing all the way through, and I loved the Pork Rinds song. That just really makes me laugh...never gets old.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Five stars from me because the episode brings out the true meaning of love through expression and storytelling of first meetings. Bernard's love story was the funniest of all. Very original, and filled with humour throughout.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

You bumped! BAD!!!!!! :shame:
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

What does bumped mean?

Oh, and this is really weird because I just listened to this episode today, and I wanted to say that it's sad that this was Walker Edmiston's last episode. At the end there is a line where Bart says that the others should hear his engagement story some time, and that it involved an armadillo, or something like that. I wish we could have heard this scene at some point in some episode, but I guess it'll probably never happen now.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bumping means posting in an older thread and "bumping" it to the top, which is generally discouraged, but not here in the episode reviews section! :D Plus it isn't really "bumped" because these threads are set to stay in order. ;) It's great to be able to continue to talk about great episodes, even if it is a while after their original air date. \:D/
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Dallas R. wrote:At the end there is a line where Bart says that the others should hear his engagement story some time, and that it involved an armadillo, or something like that. I wish we could have heard this scene at some point in some episode, but I guess it'll probably never happen now.
It was an aardvark. ;)

And any scene with Bart and Doris in it is bound to be hilarious.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Bernard taking the "crazy test" was hilarious, because of his ignorance on the way he should be considering the questions, like " 'Do I ever want to hurt animals?' Yes, sometimes when they take a bath in my window-washing fluid."
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent