612: "The Top Floor II"

Episode Reviews & Discussion

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How was the show?

5 stars: Excellent!
50%
4 stars: Great follow-up to last week's show!
45%
3 stars: It was fine...but that's it
2%
2 stars: What a let-down
2%
1 star: Could it get any worse?
No votes

Total votes: 42

Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

totustuus wrote:
Konservative Kid wrote:I thought that Eugene's long lost brother sounded kind of young. I thought he would have been older. I knew something was coming when Leonard looked as well. Plus that guard asked them that question, which they made up the answer to... I feel like that's going to hurt them. Still good episode though. I am getting a bit tired as well from people "coming back from the dead".
They didn't make up an answer. Remember how Eugene said he had been reading all about the cleaning service employees?

They're not allowed to bring Eugene's mother back from the dead after we saw her grave. But then again, we saw Everett's grave and Eugene's grave (twice?) already.
We've only seen their headstone, that is different from the grave itself. Anyway, even Everett says that his mother is dead so I don't think they could bring her into the show.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I have to say I enjoyed this episode. I was not bothered by the fact Everett was alive. In fact, I was thrilled! Although, I do not like Mitch's death and then "resurrection." Thus said, I give this episode 5 shining stars! I can't wait till Thursday! Great job, Nathan Hoobler!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

totustuus wrote:
Konservative Kid wrote:I thought that Eugene's long lost brother sounded kind of young. I thought he would have been older. I knew something was coming when Leonard looked as well. Plus that guard asked them that question, which they made up the answer to... I feel like that's going to hurt them. Still good episode though. I am getting a bit tired as well from people "coming back from the dead".
They didn't make up an answer. Remember how Eugene said he had been reading all about the cleaning service employees?
Totally right there totustuus, I missed that the first time, got it the second.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

dsheets wrote:Actually, Everett was not born on Eugene's first day of Jr. High. Leonard's journal stated that Sorama, a native woman, had a baby. This was before Everett was born. The baby reminded Leonard of Eugene. He doesn't mention Everett at all.
I just listened to A Time for Action, and the death date for Everett was when Eugene was 7.

Though with the reasoning given for Eugene's headstone, it's more possible that Everett is alive then I originally thought.
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

If this truly is Everett, has anyone else noticed the similiarity with The Mask of Zoro?
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

My biggest question is how old is Everett? He sounds like he's only about 8. Surely if he was born before Eugene was 7 he would be about 22 or 23 now. Something isn't adding up.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If we're being liberal with our estimations and say that Eugene is only 20, then Everett is around 13. But you're right, it sounds like Everett is younger than that.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:If we're being liberal with our estimations and say that Eugene is only 20, then Everett is around 13. But you're right, it sounds like Everett is younger than that.
If that's the case Eugene is stuck in the same time warp Connie is ;)
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Why can't we just stick Everett in the same time warp as Connie? That would be a whole lot simpler than trying to change Eugene's age.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

Maybe it's not the same Everett... :-s
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Jonathan wrote:I just listened to A Time for Action, and the death date for Everett was when Eugene was 7.

Though with the reasoning given for Eugene's headstone, it's more possible that Everett is alive then I originally thought.
A Time for Action wrote: EUGENE: I don’t understand. Why would someone put up graves for my mother and me?
WHIT: And Everett.
EUGENE: Everett?
WHIT: Next to your mother’s plot. There’s another grave.
EUGENE: Indeed. Everett Meltsner…
WHIT: Did you know an Everett Meltsner? A cousin? Another uncle?
EUGENE: No. I studied my family tree quite extensively a few years ago and I certainly didn’t come across an Everett.
WHIT: Hmm. Eugene, did you notice the date?
EUGENE: No.
WHIT: According to this, you died when you were seven.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hm. I must've misheard; I'll have to listen to that again.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I thought this was a great follow up episode to part one. When Leonard, Eugene, and Jason were cleaning, I was really worried they might get caught. The dialogue between Eugene and the security guard was hilarious. I thought Audrey Wasilewski did a great job as Katrina; she's definitely growing on me. :D I enjoyed the introduction of Everett, and the plot twist is making me really excited for part three.
Last edited by H Tide on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i came into this eps. looking for a little let down form the previous week because that how it works with a lot of the 3 parters but to my surprise this episode was even better then the first one. So i guess Nathan has a lot to lose with the next episode. but i am routing for yah keep up the good work.
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

I think that the reason that lenard belives that his son was dead is because thelma told him he was dead that way everett could grow up not in captivity but as a free boy known as daltons son.

This is only suggested idea.
SweetJoy93
Not as new

Post by SweetJoy93 »

great episode and it's wonderful to hear Jason on the show again I'm always worried that he is gone for good until he shows up again which made the show good very good and I liked how Leonards son was still alive I knew from the start that he was his son good show~
What could be better than to see Jesus~

I have a favor if you've got even an extra dollar I need some donations for my collage fund which is about $8000.00 yep so please donations are very welcome!!!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Meo wrote:I think that the reason that lenard belives that his son was dead is because thelma told him he was dead that way everett could grow up not in captivity but as a free boy known as daltons son.

Exactly what I was thinking Meo! \:D/ You said it much better than I could too :D
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Meo wrote:I think that the reason that lenard belives that his son was dead is because thelma told him he was dead that way everett could grow up not in captivity but as a free boy known as daltons son.

You know, that's a really plausible idea...

Moses : Pharaoh's Daughter :: Everett : Dalton Kearn

Less than 24 hours until we find out! \:D/
dsheets
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by dsheets »

This show is excellent. The flow of suspence, intrigue, and humor was accomplished very well. Eugene's lines were priceless. Having Katrina play a part in this story was also a good move. I give this show five stars. The revelation of the mother of Dalton's son being Thelma could only have been topped by Leonard discovering the boy was his own son. Nicely done!

The music was also superb!
"If you casually cover your mouth with your hand, you will never put your foot in it."
-Danny Kaye