564: "A Most Intriguing Question"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "A Most Intriguing Question"

5 Stars - Well duh, what else would I give it?
72%
4 Stars - Almost perfect but it was missing something
20%
3 Stars - Pretty Good!
5%
2 Stars - Nothing stood out (Did I mention I'm deaf?)
2%
1 Star - I am no longer an Odyssey fan
2%

Total votes: 61

AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Shadowpaw wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote:I'm afraid I didn't obey Shadowpaw! I read Jacob Isom's post!
I simply wanted everyone to be surprised... I know when it comes to television shows I always want to read about upcoming stories ahead of time and I usually don't enjoy new episodes nearly as much because of that... so I figured that since this event was so huge, people would appreciate being left in the dark so they all could experience "Nocturnal Felicitations!" for themself. And it was my duty to give people plenty of warning before they made that decision to spoil it for themselves.

However, I'm glad everyone has heard it now... it means I no longer have to keep it locked in! :)
It had to be so hard to not spill the beans!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

This has to be about one of the best kept secrets that has happened in a while. The reason being my Dad who airs AIO on his station didn't even tell me that something big was happening...and he knows that I listen to it too. I told him that Eugene was back and he just said, "yeah I've known that for a while".
Me
An original

Post by Me »

AIOfan11 wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote:I'm afraid I didn't obey Shadowpaw! I read Jacob Isom's post!
I simply wanted everyone to be surprised... I know when it comes to television shows I always want to read about upcoming stories ahead of time and I usually don't enjoy new episodes nearly as much because of that... so I figured that since this event was so huge, people would appreciate being left in the dark so they all could experience "Nocturnal Felicitations!" for themself. And it was my duty to give people plenty of warning before they made that decision to spoil it for themselves.

However, I'm glad everyone has heard it now... it means I no longer have to keep it locked in! :)
It had to be so hard to not spill the beans!
Yes it was. Stuff kept coming up over at the TH which begged for those of us who new to spill. The wait was agonizing.

I may try to extract the Whit/Eugene convo that occurs when everyone else is in the control room.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

StupendousMan wrote:Darnit, oneplace dosen't even have the episode up, me want a listen :(
Me too... :( Come on oneplace, we're counting on you! And if you don't put it up, we'll send Stupendous Man after you! 8-[ #-o
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i loved it
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oneplace doesn't have A Most Intriguing Question up yet? *checks*

It's up there alriight. You just need to make sure you've selected Weekly Program.

Or you could click here.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

serrebi wrote:I thought it ment good morning...
Nocturnal indicates night, which is why it probably doesn't mean morning. :D
Glennzippy
AIO Sound Engineer

Post by Glennzippy »

Here it is:

"No, thanks. We have our own car now."

"All right. Well, call me on my cell tomorrow and we’ll figure out what to try next."

"We will. Thanks for everything, Whit. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Advantages of having full access to the script! I don't think it's going to really let anyone know what's going on though.

Other notes of interest:

**The original cut of this show was about 1:45 shorter. There were some cuts made early on in the production that we put back in at the last minute.

** Also at the last minute we made adjustments to the clips because we felt we were giving away too much of part II.

**Part 2 will pick up right where this episode leaves off. In fact, all three parts are completely integrated into one seamless piece for the retail. On part 3, I neglected to indicate commercial breaks to John Campbell so the retail version of that one really has no breaks in it whatsoever! All three of these shows taken as a whole are one great listen!

Glad you folks liked it!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

oh woopie! cant wait to see what my brother is up to!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Glennzippy wrote:Here it is:

"All right. Well, call me on my cell tomorrow and we’ll figure out what to try next."

"Goodnight."

Advantages of having full access to the script! I don't think it's going to really let anyone know what's going on though.

Other notes of interest:

**The original cut of this show was about 1:45 shorter. There were some cuts made early on in the production that we put back in at the last minute.

** Also at the last minute we made adjustments to the clips because we felt we were giving away too much of part II.

**Part 2 will pick up right where this episode leaves off. In fact, all three parts are completely integrated into one seamless piece for the retail. On part 3, I neglected to indicate commercial breaks to John Campbell so the retail version of that one really has no breaks in it whatsoever! All three of these shows taken as a whole are one great listen!

Glad you folks liked it!
It does, however, tell us a few things.

1. Eugene and Katrina own a car.
2. Eugene is at least partially aware of his mental state, and is perhaps only forgetting past events while still retaining full mental capabilities.
3. Katrina is with Eugene in the cabin.
4. They have access to a phone.

Like Glennzippy said, it doesn't really tell us anything important, but it's cool to know what they were saying.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

This is my first post here! Ya! Well, I just now heard the ep. On TUESDAY!!!! My theory; Andromeda/Novacom erased Eugene's memory, and Whit is trying to restore his memory with the IS. That explains the mirror memories. And was that Katrina in next weeks preview? YES! PM WROTE THE EP!!!!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

what are you talking about? oh and welcome!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AndreaMeltsner wrote:what are you talking about? oh and welcome!
The episode that aired on Saturday.

And it's good to have you here aiop.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

"Goodnight."

Other notes of interest:

Glad you folks liked it!
Ooh, thanks for posting! Interesting . . .

I'm certainly glad you guys replaced those early cuts you made. :D
rachelavonlea
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by rachelavonlea »

Trent DeWhite wrote: I'm certainly glad you guys replaced those early cuts you made. :D
Me too. Otherwise it would've been just the audio clues, and "It's EUGENE!"

:lol:

Glennzippy, that was NICE of you to go through the trouble of typing out that hard-to-understand part. I really appreciate it.

Twilight Felicitations everyone!,

R.
-Rachel

"The victory is mine when the battle is the Lord's!"
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

"Goodnight."

Other notes of interest:

Glad you folks liked it!
Thanks for the insider scoop! :D
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

I loved the episode. I am soo glad Eugene is back. This episode was worth the wait. I liked the part when Connie, Tom, and Bernard questioned the govornent agent. :D
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

pacer394 wrote:I loved the episode. I am soo glad Eugene is back. This episode was worth the wait. I liked the part when Connie, Tom, and Bernard questioned the govornent agent. :D
I'm REALLY happy. I just hope he's here to stay.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Same here.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

AIOfan11 wrote:
pacer394 wrote:I loved the episode. I am soo glad Eugene is back. This episode was worth the wait. I liked the part when Connie, Tom, and Bernard questioned the govornent agent. :D
I'm REALLY happy. I just hope he's here to stay.
AIO writers meet. "What should we write about?"
"Aha! I know," says one writer with a smirk on his face. "Why don't we come up with 'Something Big' and have a huge promotional push? We can do something crazy and get the fans hopes up... we really need the business right?"
"Yes! Great idea!" says another one. "We'd better plan it for April 1 so we have an excuse when 'Something Big' turns out to not be as huge as people think."
"Perfect," replies the first writer. "So, what should we do?"
"Well, the fans keep asking for that pesky Eugene Meltsner an his wife Katrina to return," says a third writer. "Why don't we 'appease' them by bring Eugene and Katrina back... temporarily?"
"Hear, hear!" they all yelled.
"Great, so we'll come up with this wild tale and include that Novacom stuff that we used to get Eugene and Katrina out of the show. We'll appear to bring them back in the Imagination Station and then SEND THEM AWAY FOR GOOD!" the second writers yells in glee.
The room breaks out in a pandemonium of dancing and cheering as the writers conclude another brainstorming session for the books...

I'll let you judge how realistic you think that is. O:)