620: A New Era II

Discussion & Reviews *Spoilers*

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate 620: A New Era II?

5. Five Asterisks ( ***** )
39%
4. Four Squigles ( ~~~~ )
32%
3. Dot Dot Dot ( . . . )
14%
2. Two Question Marks ( ?? )
14%
1. One One ( 1 )
No votes

Total votes: 28

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

v-lady93 wrote:
Kairi wrote: I just wish Everett would show up!
Yeah, so do I. I liked the whole flash back thing, I just wish they hadn't used Everett's voice for the "little Eugene".
I thought it was perfect. Quite honestly, I would not have expected anyone else to voice young Eugene. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

Remember, family members do sound like each other!
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I enjoy hearing adults wrestle with issues, especially Eugene and Katrina who are seeking God's will about whether or not they should go minister to the Ashantis. The title possibly suggests that they'll go (That'd certainly be a new era!), but somehow I'd be surprised if they did.

I'm still perplexed with the title: a new era of what?
Of Leonard as a believer/on a search (like Grady)?
Of Eugene and Katrina going abroad?
Of Leonard and Everett making a new life in Odyssey/elsewhere? Well, they have to go somewhere! Unless they die.
Of [please insert your prediction here]?

About abortion: The word was never mentioned. I believe the ruckus over Pamela Has a Problem was that Focus decided later it didn't want AIO to be a kid's first exposure to the topic. All Leonard said was that he could make a call and change the timing. That way, if a child didn't know what was going on, he or she would ideally ask a parent, thus creating a productive learning moment.

Allusion: Leonard mentions the lost treasure of the Incas, which is the title of an AIO computer game.
Trent DeWhite wrote:
v-lady93 wrote:
Yeah, so do I. I liked the whole flash back thing, I just wish they hadn't used Everett's voice for the "little Eugene".
I thought it was perfect. Quite honestly, I would not have expected anyone else to voice young Eugene. :noway:
I found Everett's voice perfect for young Eugene too.

Oh, and if complications come up with Leonard getting an infection or rejecting the kidney, don't say it's like a soap opera; it's common! On the contrary, I haven't found A New Era or any of the Leonard arc to be like a soap opera at all. Yes, I once thought it was a bit much to bring back Everett (I was fine with Leonard, now I don't care), but the rest has been plausible. The flashbacks are emotional, and I see no reason why they shouldn't be; why have a flashback if it's going to be boring?
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

The was great but what a about Eugene being nearly aborted then why did Leonard act really guilty? lots of questions to be answered.

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Rodenyrathbone wrote:The was great but what a about Eugene being nearly aborted then why did Leonard act really guilty? lots of questions to be answered.
Why would he feel guilty? :-k

I can think of many reasons but that's compleltely of topic.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

My only complaint about this episode: why isn't Everett there? They went to all the trouble to introduce his character. I still don't like the fact that they brought him "back to life", but since they did, the least they can do is use him! Just ignoring that he exists now makes me dislike The Top Floor all the more!

However, that note aside, I liked the episode. I thought it was pretty well-done, and I'm really liking the exploration of Leonard's character (via "Lost"-style flashbacks). It was a bold move for AIO to touch on the abortion subject again. That scene in particular was well-written and nicely handled, but I agree that there should have been some sort of parental warning for "mature content".

Overall, I give this one a 4. The outcome of Part III could change that for me, though.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

Konservative Kid wrote:I really long for just some plain old odyssey adventures with the kids.
Me too.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Well, I like the dramatic episodes. But there have been quite a lot of them lately--the 2 and 3 part-ers.
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

i like the dramatic episodes too.
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

WatchaCall wrote:
Konservative Kid wrote:I really long for just some plain old odyssey adventures with the kids.
Me too.

Yes, I agree. I like the action ones with lots of parts sometimes, but they've kind of had a lot of them lately. I'm ready for some more regular one part shows like "mums the word"! \:D/
Odesa
Lurker

Post by Odesa »

v-lady93 wrote:

at first i didn't like them useing his voice eather but after I read that people in the same family usaly sound similar I agreed but one thing why didn't Lenard reconise Everett's voice as Little Eugenes in "the top floor" ? :anxious: but I liked the flash backs

oh i forgot to add that I love the action and adventure =D> =D> \:D/ :D

i dodn't go to public shool so i dodn't have to deel with alot of the things some of the "normal" episodes deel with :thumbsup: i still lik listening to them though but the other ones are so exciting i can't wait for more. :D

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw