624: Wooing Wooton

post your reviews here

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars

5 Whit
47%
4 Eugene
26%
3 Connie
21%
2 Wooton
3%
1 Harlow
3%

Total votes: 38

Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I thought this was a very interesting episode.
The chritian dating a non-chritian was done a lot better handled by Wooton then it was First Love.
I liked Wooton's dadhe will return as a major villain wait and see.
I was very surprised when Grady threw his bible away it was ver shocking.
b ut maybe Focus are planning to have him come later, but mabe not maybe they may leave him as a character who neve gets saved.
We will have to wait and see.
Wooton WAS HILLARIOUS.
So all in all 3/10
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

Mr.Whit wrote: I was very surprised when Grady threw his bible away it was ver shocking.
b ut maybe Focus are planning to have him come later, but mabe not maybe they may leave him as a character who neve gets saved.
I never thought of that, but it's possible. I actually almost think I like the idea. Please hear me out before you guys decide I'm evil.

We've seen many characters like Grady who aren't Christians and after a while they are saved. While the rate of people being saved is nice, and definately encourages listeners to witness to unsaved people they know, it also sets up a bit of a false hope that everyone that any listener knows will be saved. But such isn't the case in real life. So comming from that angle, it would be almost refreshing (however, sad) to have a character who had come so far, yet not actually be saved.

Or on the other hand, they could be making him more like real life and still have him be saved. I have two friends who are Christians, but they went through some of the same things Grady is going through, and for a long time debated if they really wanted to be a Christian. One of them became a Christian, then was overwhelmed by stuff and felt God had abandoned her, so she litterally walked away from God for several years, didn't go to church, didn't even want to have a discussion that had anything to do with God or the Bible, then she came around and rededicated her life. That would be something I don't think we've ever seen on Odyssey. Someone who IS a Christian walking away from God and their faith, to later come back.

Anyway just a couple things I thought of while I should've been paying attention in classes.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

boneablaze wrote:
Mr.Whit wrote: I was very surprised when Grady threw his bible away it was ver shocking.
I never thought of that, but it's possible. I actually almost think I like the idea. Please hear me out before you guys decide I'm evil.

We've seen many characters like Grady who aren't Christians and after a while they are saved. While the rate of people being saved is nice, and definately encourages listeners to witness to unsaved people they know, it also sets up a bit of a false hope that everyone that any listener knows will be saved. But such isn't the case in real life. So comming from that angle, it would be almost refreshing (however, sad) to have a character who had come so far, yet not actually be saved.

Or on the other hand, they could be making him more like real life and still have him be saved. I have two friends who are Christians, but they went through some of the same things Grady is going through, and for a long time debated if they really wanted to be a Christian. One of them became a Christian, then was overwhelmed by stuff and felt God had abandoned her, so she litterally walked away from God for several years, didn't go to church, didn't even want to have a discussion that had anything to do with God or the Bible, then she came around and rededicated her life. That would be something I don't think we've ever seen on Odyssey. Someone who IS a Christian walking away from God and their faith, to later come back.

Anyway just a couple things I thought of while I should've been paying attention in classes.
Yeah thats what I thought.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Good points. And the Rathones are not saved either. and it took 6 1/2 years for Eugene to be a Christian. (Well AIO time.)
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Besides Wooing Wooton and First Love, the history episode Amazing Grace also addressed unequal yoking. Mary, like Wooton, was firm in her decision not to consider marrying an unbelieving John Newton.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I agree with everyone else here. The morals in Wooing Wooton were excellent. Wooton can be humorous and flighty, but he does not waver when it comes to morals. I like the way multiple plotlines combine into one episode. The parallelism between them is great! Wooton does not compromise, and Grady doesn't either. Wooton won't date a non-Christian, and Grady tells the truth even though it's very painful. Grady had scratched up the car of (is it) Winston Bassett, who's in town to make a business deal, which needs Wooton to make it all work.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: