624: Wooing Wooton

post your reviews here

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars

5 Whit
47%
4 Eugene
26%
3 Connie
21%
2 Wooton
3%
1 Harlow
3%

Total votes: 38

Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

624: Wooing Wooton

Post by Mr.Whit »

Post your reviews here.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

This was a superb episode. The moral was great and both storylines were funny and engaging. It was enjoyable hearing Wooton fall “in like” with Victoria. Additionally, it was refreshing to hear Wooton’s father and also learn a bit more about Wooton’s childhood. I enjoyed the fact that Victoria wasn’t too ditzy, just incredibly Wooton-ish. ;) The humor was great in this episode “If I had a sucker, I’d give it to you.” And who loved Wooton singing at the end? :lol:
I also liked the continuing Grady storyline, with Grady learning more about being a Christian. I thought it was important that the writers showed the tension between Grady and his mom—the non-Christian parent. The story was presented very well, with Grady throwing away his Bible at the end. Overall, five stars!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

H Tide wrote:This was a superb episode. The moral was great and both storylines were funny and engaging. It was enjoyable hearing Wooton fall “in like” with Victoria. Additionally, it was refreshing to hear Wooton’s father and also learn a bit more about Wooton’s childhood. I enjoyed the fact that Victoria wasn’t too ditzy, just incredibly Wooton-ish. ;) The humor was great in this episode “If I had a sucker, I’d give it to you.” And who loved Wooton singing at the end? :lol:
I also liked the continuing Grady storyline, with Grady learning more about being a Christian. I thought it was important that the writers showed the tension between Grady and his mom—the non-Christian parent. The story was presented very well, with Grady throwing away his Bible at the end. Overall, five stars!
I second pretty much everything she said.

I'll admit, I wasn't particuarly looking forward to this ep, partly b/c it felt like it would be the start of an arc instead of a stand-along slice of life, and partly b/c the theme (romance) hasn't appealed to me lately on AIO.

But I thought it was great. The situation with Victoria not being a Christian was handled very well, as was Grady's storyline. His character has gone under some great development lately.

All in all, a very good ep ^_^
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I echo what you guys said. I wasn't sure how it would be because of the title, but it was really good, a lot better than I thought it would be. Victoria was hilarious, she was so Wooton-like.. :lol:

4/5 stars.
...I hate marquees.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Great episode! I loved the whole thing with that band! :rofl: And I also liked how they handled the whole story, getting the point across, but making it lighthearted at the same time!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Wooten is, has, and always will be a funny character. Just to hear another like him is extremely funny. I would love to see her in the future becoming a Christian, along with Wooton's dad.

The flipside of the episode, Grady, was sad, because of all the work that has been done on Grady, he now throws the Bible in the trash can. Grady will most likely become a Christian, but I must wonder why the AIO makers have alowed a Bible to be thrown into a trash can.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

His name is Wooton, people. :x
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:The flipside of the episode, Grady, was sad, because of all the work that has been done on Grady, he now throws the Bible in the trash can. Grady will most likely become a Christian, but I must wonder why the AIO makers have alowed a Bible to be thrown into a trash can.
Probably for the same reason why they have mentioned divorce (Only By His Grace), alluded to abuse (The Chosen One), and hinted at abortion (A New Era). I don't think the throwing of the Bible into the trash can was what was most surprising. If anything, that action was merely the tangible representation of his rejection of Christianity... the "punctuation mark," if you will.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

From the preview information gathered, I had low expectations for this episode. Wooton, in like? And I wasn’t sure if I’d like Victoria to have the Monica Stone voice. Boy, I was pleasantly surprised. I loved Wooing Wooton. The eccentricity with the Pool Boys was pretty funny, especially Wooton’s rendition of the song at the end. The Monica Stone voice didn’t bother me at all because the actress was able to act flighty.

The episode brought out Wooton’s mature side though the wackiness was certainly present. His choice not to keep seeing Victoria was plain and simple and a teaching point for Grady. His choice to negotiate for the merge with the other company using Power Boy was plain and simple too.

The mix of serious and upbeat was great. The nod to A New Era, Wooton’s dad mentioning he might need a kidney, was fun too. Wooing Wooton was simply laid back and fun.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

I give this two Power Boy comics out of five.
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I think that this was a great episode. Even though Wooten and his dad argued, at least they were talking. I love how when Wooten first sees his dad, he spits out his water, and is yelling. I think that is awesome. Wooten is so excited, even though his dad said that he wasnt his first choice.
I liked the story line with Grady. I think that it was good how they haddled him getting rid of his Bible, because he doesn't want to stop talking to his mom.
I think that it is funny that Wooten kept on bidding on stuff that he didn't even want. I also think it is so funny how much he loved the Pool Boys and was freaking out about it. My favorite line in the whole episode is when Wooten says "I think I'm in like." That is the best! I also think that it is good that Wooten decides not to continue to see Victoria, because she isn't a Christian. That is such a great point to the whole episode.
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

I really enjoyed this episode. I always love Wooton and Victoria was awesome. Wooton singing The Pool Boys at the end was fun.
As for the storyline with Grady, I'm actually glad that it didn't end on a positive note like episodes usually do. I'm sure he and his mom will come around in time.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

At first I thought this episode was going to be dumb, because as many of you know, I don't really dig the whole boyfriend/girlfriend scene. It seemed as if AIO was forcing the issue, and now we would have to deal with Wooton having a girlfriend.

That said, I was tremendouly impressed by the conclusion of the episode. It was encouraging to hear AIO give an unequivocal answer on the dating/marrying an unbeliever issue. Wooton was firm, under not a little pressure, and I respect that a lot.

The Grady storyline was OK, as Grady storylines go. As long as kids don't view Grady as a protagonist when he threw his Bible away. :anxious:
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I honestly didn't like it, but then again there was nothing to hate.

The whole episode just seemed... strange. I mean Wooten dating, or yet, married? :-k Well, stranger things have happen, such as Eugene's marriage ;)

Over all, I gave it 3 stars, or Connie.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Bertha Olivia wrote:I honestly didn't like it, but then again there was nothing to hate.

The whole episode just seemed... strange. I mean Wooten dating, or yet, married? :-k Well, stranger things have happen, such as Eugene's marriage ;)

Over all, I gave it 3 stars, or Connie.
You must say something catchy that involves something in the episode for the rating like I did:
JJJJ wrote:I give this two Power Boy comics out of five.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:You must say something catchy that involves something in the episode for the rating like I did:
How about adding a rationale to go along with your catchy rating? :)
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Taq wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:You must say something catchy that involves something in the episode for the rating like I did:
How about adding a rationale to go along with your catchy rating? :)
I have no idea what you said, would you care to explain?
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

In other words, Taq is asking why you gave Wooing Wooton two out of five stars. :D
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

H Tide wrote:In other words, Taq is asking why you gave Wooing Wooton two out of five stars. :D
Oh yes, here is the thing, I did indeed enjoy Wooing Wooton, don't get me wrong, but the whole Grady thing kept me from giving it any higher. The hilarious relationship between Wooton and that girl who I can not rember her name, was indeed funny. It was what kept me from giving this episode a one.

So, my rating stands, 2 scratched up cars out of 5.
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

Even though I'll have many of you questioning my sanity, I'm not a big fan of Wooton to begin with. But this episode was great. I liked the way Wooton was light and his normal self, but was quite serious and unmoving on his choice not to continue to see Victoria again, and his conviction stood even under the pressure of his dad.

While I wasn't impressed with AIO writers for having Grady throw his Bible in the trash can, I trust they have a reason for it, and I have to admit that it makes sense for a kid of Grady's age to see the tension between Wooton and his dad over Wooton being a Christian and not want to have the same thing happen between him and his mom. Comming from a Christian background, it's hard for me to put myself in that situation, but I probably would've done the exact same thing if I were Grady.
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

you cant go wrong with a wooton episode.His shows are always funny...