625: Something Significant

Post reviews here!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars would you give Something Significant?

5 Stars
62%
4 Stars
23%
3 Stars
15%
2 Stars
No votes
1 Star
No votes

Total votes: 26

Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Loves_Me

History

In 1943 in the Solomon Islands, John F. Kennedy's PT-109 was rammed and sunk. Islanders Biuku Gasa and Eroni Kumana who found Kennedy and the survivors remembers that when they rode on PT boats to retrieve the survivors, the Marines sang this song with the natives, who learned it from missionaries.[3]
---------------------------------------
Great episode. I really enjoyed it. 5 stars. I liked the history and how it kept changing stories only to come back to them and it all tied together.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I didn't get to hear this until today on Oneplace--it's wonderful!! :D I loved this episode . . .
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
oy_mate
Tallying up

Post by oy_mate »

This was really an awesome episode- 5 stars for me!
Except I couldn't believe it was REALLY Trent. His voice has changed so much.
Jumpman256
Lurker

Post by Jumpman256 »

Great trip in the imagination Station--it had me guessing all through it! :)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Another edit for another sensible review. Oy...Tiger, you fangirl. ;)

"Something Significant" has got to be one of my favorite episodes, and not just because my boy's in it. ;) It really does carry its own weight as an episode. It reveals a lot about both history and Trent's character, and is quite strong for that. In the sense of small things becoming big, it's a lot like "A Glass Darkly"--you can't always see the end result of certain things, and maybe you never will, but nothing done for God is too small to become significant.

I have a headcanon about the end--Trent talks about how he knows the song "Jesus Loves Me" when he sees it written for Susan Warner's Say and Seal, then at the end, he sees Anna Warner, Amy Carmichael, the rescued slave girls, and a group of young children singing the song. My headcanon is that the group of children singing it is Trent and some other kids learning the song when they were very young; he sees not only the historical impact of the song, but the impact of the song on his own life. (It defies what we know about the Imagination Station's programming, but it's my headcanon, so deal with it.) :noway:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog