630: Chip Off The Shoulder

Discussions and Review!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars do you rate this episode?

5 stars
29%
4 stars
39%
3 stars
29%
2 stars
4%
1 star
No votes

Total votes: 28

H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

630: Chip Off The Shoulder

Post by H Tide »

So what did you think of the last episode of the season? Discuss and review!

I thought this was a good slife-of-life episode. I enjoyed hearing how Kelly was adjusting to life with the Washingtons and to Odyssey. The scene with Elaine and Kelly at the library was pretty touching. And finally it was great hearing Connie and Kelly resolve their conflict. :D I thought the opening scene was hilarious, with the inside jokes involving the WodFamChocSod, and Connie's green sweater. :lol: Finally, I liked hearing Connie record her thoughts instead of typing them down. Overall, a great episode that I'd listen to over and over again.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I also liked the beginning! :D It was great to hear from Kelly again as well. It was interesting how they brought in a few new voices in this episode...I certainly hope that girl was just a one time character. :anxious:
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I didn't like Kelly, but others wise the episode was OK. and thats it!
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

The episode was great! I liked how Connie finally forgave Kelly. I sure hope that they make more episodes about her. I'd like to know if the Washingtons adopt her?
Anyway, the episode was very well done. I'm not sure if this was my favorite episode, but it was good. I also liked how Kelly had to learn to trust people, even Connie. This was a great episode.
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

I liked this episode. But I thought I caught a mistake. I was thinking in the opening scene were the guy comes in and asks who came of with the WodFamChocSod and Connie says "whit". Well I don't think that’s right bc whit came up with the world famous chocolate soda but Connie came up with the name WodFamChocSod. Did anyone else catch that?
-looy
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yeah, Sarah caught that and mentioned it on our latest podcast... but I thought it was less a mistake and more a matter of semantics. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Perhaps Connie was being nice and giving Whit the credit.;)
Ruth
Not as new

Post by Ruth »

I was glad that Connie and Kelly became friends, but I was hoping that Connie would somehow find her book again. Do you think she will ever get it back without having to rewrite the whole thing?
Ruth 4 Jesus
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Ruth wrote:I was glad that Connie and Kelly became friends, but I was hoping that Connie would somehow find her book again. Do you think she will ever get it back without having to rewrite the whole thing?
I don't think so, that would be rather unrealistc...
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Fact for the Week: Kelly has black hair.

Anyways, Chip off the Shoulder was a good stand alone episode. I lost an abstract I wrote on a school computer this semester, so I identified with Connie’s and Kelly’s anguish. The friction between Mrs. Washington and Kelly was so good and believable because of the lack of same understanding about household rules. I appreciated this serious friction more than the different friction between Tamika and Kelly in Best of Enemies.

H Tide mentioned the green sweater comment. If you haven’t already seen the recent funny green sweater thread, I recommend it.
Mandy0815 wrote:The episode was great! I liked how Connie finally forgave Kelly. I sure hope that they make more episodes about her. I'd like to know if the Washingtons adopt her?
Time will tell, but it’s still foster care right now.
v-lady93 wrote:
Ruth wrote:I was glad that Connie and Kelly became friends, but I was hoping that Connie would somehow find her book again. Do you think she will ever get it back without having to rewrite the whole thing?
I don't think so, that would be rather unrealistc...
Connie’s a good verbal processor though, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she recovers what she lost quickly by simply recounting it all aloud again.
Candy Connell
Zero Wing.
Zero Wing.

Post by Candy Connell »

I liked how Connie was able to earn Kelly's trust, even if it did take her some digging through the dumpster to do it :D
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Good Job AIO another Kelly and Connie Episode :duel: i was supprised how long they had Connie mad :explode: at kelly about the erseing of the book but hey cant complain but do wish they will continue with the book then sell the book in real life I give this 4 1/2 out of 5 :thewave:
fatlooy wrote:I liked this episode. But I thought I caught a mistake. I was thinking in the opening scene were the guy comes in and asks who came of with the WodFamChocSod and Connie says "whit". Well I don't think that’s right bc whit came up with the world famous chocolate soda but Connie came up with the name WodFamChocSod. Did anyone else catch that?
-looy
Yea i caught that to u think Connie would be more than happy to say it was her that came up with it but What Ever :robot:

edit: Double post combined ~HB
Save Eugene in the character competition!
#1KellyFan
Just visiting

Post by #1KellyFan »

Kelly is one of my favorite characters, but to each her own. May I ask why you don't like her? Just wondering. And if I had to pick one character in AIO that I LOVED and related to, it would be Kelly hands down. My other favorite characters are Connie, Melanie, Lucy and Mandy as well as Grady and his family.
Rio wrote:I didn't like Kelly, but others wise the episode was OK. and thats it!

I really loved this episode! This was one I have been waiting for ever since Best of Enemies aired. This is def one episode I could listen to more than once and not get tired of it! I LOVED how Kelly and Connie finally made amends. I also enjoyed Kelly’s interview about Witsend that Wit did. The scene at the library between Kelly and Elaine almost had me in tears. The reason is, Kelly and I both were treated not too nicely by our mothers.

My favorite line in this episode was from Elaine! Elaine: I’m gonna write that rule on that child’s forehead, that’s what I’m gonna do. GOL! That was hilarious!

Overall, this episode was amazing and very well done. It is def one of my favorites.

Edit - double post combined - Catspaw