632: Suspicious Finds

Review it now!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate this episode?

5 stars:The new Bart rocks!@@
11%
4 stars:Noooo, not Whit's End!!
49%
3 stars:Semi-awesomeness
30%
2 stars:Enough with the inspectors!
3%
1 star:Where can I hide!!?!
8%

Total votes: 37

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Now that I'm awake, here are my thoughts;

I kinda liked it. It was dialogue driven, and in true Marshall form, there were a number of very subtle jokes (the only one I can remember is an accounting one). It was also nice to hear Edwin in an episode again--it seems like it's been a while. The one thing I did not like is the scene where Connie is telling the kids they were going to behave for this inspector. That scene was taken, almost verbatim, from Best Face Forward--I sorta thought it was unnecessary.

As for Bart (since everyone else is talking about him): his pernunciations and flow of speech were dead on. Man, whoever that actor is did a fantastic job with his personality. The voice is too low, but other than that, it's a decent match.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Jonathan wrote:. The one thing I did not like is the scene where Connie is telling the kids they were going to behave for this inspector. That scene was taken, almost verbatim, from Best Face Forward--I sorta thought it was unnecessary.
Yeah I noticeed that too.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:The AIO Producers should try to adition people to sound like Walker
I'm sure that's what they did do. They didn't just pick a random guy of the street and say, "Hey, you're Bart Rathbone!"

I think the voice was good, except at times he sounded a little too old for the character. Sure he's not Walker, but it'll take time to settle into the role.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I enjoyed this episode. If it was indeed Walker who recorded Tom's lines you can tell he's weary. As with Bart perhaps it was a case that Walker tried to do it, but just didn't have enough energy and they found someone last minute to do them rather than rewrite the script. Bart is a high energy character. I'm willing to cut the voice actor and the writers a little slack on this episode on that count.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I think this guy has the accent/pronunciation down, but not the emotion. Walker has all kinds of voice inflection for Bart when he was happy you could really tell it. When he was upset you could really tell it. This one has only one voice expression for the most part. There were times also when he sounded as if he were reading from his script. Which he was, but he's not supposed to sound like it. I'm willing to let him get into his character though in future episodes, and would like to hear him interact with Doris and Rodney.
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

jasonjannajarryjohn did say Paul Herlinger. O I forgot to mention something at the very end when the inspecter came in and said something about the tunnel I thought they decided that Dr. Blackard was really goimg to be alive! :dumb: :shocking: :insane: But of course he isn't alive because Focus On the Family says he is dead in the Odyssey Wilklpedea. #-o It would be really anoying if they suddenly decided he was alive. ;)
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Katrina wrote:jasonjannajarryjohn did say Paul Herlinger. O I forgot to mention something at the very end when the inspecter came in and said something about the tunnel I thought they decided that Dr. Blackard was really goimg to be alive! :dumb: :shocking: :insane: But of course he isn't alive because Focus On the Family says he is dead in the Odyssey Wilklpedea. #-o It would be really anoying if they suddenly decided he was alive. ;)
Myabe he is alive and masquerading as Jack Allen
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I thought it was a decent episode, and the new Bart did decently, I think, considering.

Was I the only one that was expected Tom to fall off the roof and die? :anxious:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

The actor stepped in and did an admirable job. The voice was different, only somewhat distracting. I wouldn't be disappointed if he left or stayed, though it would take a little time to acclimated to the new voice.

The episode was decent. Like others, it seemed a little too familiar with Connie prepping the kids and the structural damage. However, the episode had a story in its own right, plus good humor with Edwin and Bart. Oh, those rustification attempts, one literal! The episode also had good cliffhanger. Odyssey is the people, not the building (You could say the same about the Church today.), so I'd be okay with the destruction of Whit's End, though I have a feeling that's not going to happen.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

The new Bart? The vote is not yet in for me. It is like some one took the tape and changed Barts voice. To give the actor credit he got the Bart dialect down, but it is a big voice to fill. The episode reminded me of the one where the biker reporter(or something like that) passes through Odyssey so Connie makes all the kids be good. I can't remember the title though, but it seemed just like that episode. Pretty good overall though.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

The Top Crusader wrote: Was I the only one that was expected Tom to fall off the roof and die? :anxious:
:lol: I think so...

(Yeah, that just made me laugh)

I think that the new Bart voice was fairly good I think. Sure the voice was off, but I think I'll get used to it.

The episode was alright, I guess... I loved the Edwin part and the Bart part was funny. But the Connie at Whit's End part was... well... deja vu! I guess it was a good episode but a little too like that other one, that I can't remember... Well, 3 stars.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Taq wrote:The actor stepped in and did an admirable job. The voice was different, only somewhat distracting. I wouldn't be disappointed if he left or stayed, though it would take a little time to acclimated to the new voice.

The episode was decent. Like others, it seemed a little too familiar with Connie prepping the kids and the structural damage. However, the episode had a story in its own right, plus good humor with Edwin and Bart. Oh, those rustification attempts, one literal! The episode also had good cliffhanger. Odyssey is the people, not the building (You could say the same about the Church today.), so I'd be okay with the destruction of Whit's End, though I have a feeling that's not going to happen.
I hate to put a damper in your thoughts but I HAVE A BIG Feeling that whits end will be demolished.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That'd be sweet.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Eh..

I give it a three.

It was just okay for me - not overly great, not too pathetic.

As of Bart's voice, I think the actor did the best he could,
but he was just not the same. I'll give it a chance, though,
since he does have big shoes to fill. What he needs to do
is increase the roughness in his voice. The accent is nailed,
but that dirty raspiness we've come to love from Bart is missing.

Storyline was sort of, well - mediocre. Comedy/Drama was sub-par.

*Hoping for much better ones.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

it is really cool how Odyssey is in the best small town of the year contest but this bart isnt very good but after awhile i think he will be better after awhile. Tom though is preaty good \:D/
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I thought this episode felt tired. Not original or captivating enough, IMO. 3/5.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I know everybody is going to hate me for this, but....

This sounds like a convenient way to end the show.

Other than that, I liked it. Yeah, the plot wasn't particularly original, but I think some of the new stories are just too contrived. This one had the feel of an old AIO ep. I liked how there were some random kids at Whit's End, instead of just the main character kids. The only thing I really didn't like was Bart's voice. I think maybe they should just cut Bart out of the show. That new guy really didn't sound like Walker.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.