636: A Class Reenactment

Review it.

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars y0.

5 Stars: Purely awesome
45%
4 Stars: Almost purely awesome!
29%
3 Stars: Medium awesomeness
21%
2 Stars: Lacking awesomeness..
5%
1 Star: Nope, no awesomeness. :(
No votes

Total votes: 42

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

636: A Class Reenactment

Post by J-man »

Review the latest AIO! I'll be reviewing this soon (probably). I figured since it is Saturday for me.. \:D/
Last edited by J-man on Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I hate marquees.
Lime Static
Not as new

Post by Lime Static »

I liked it, now that the Odyssey characters are a bit older (teenage Jimmy like age) they're discussing more issues such as love.

But the premise of the story, well at least the Blackgaard and his play part was the light-hearted odyssey that I love. The plot was straightforward and they wrapped it up nicely. Very good odyssey overall.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I don't have too much to say about this episode but it was really good and I liked it a lot. It was a good story with some really funny lines and it's always fun to learn about what Odyssey was like before it became the town we all know it as today.

Edwin's role in this season is interesting. They used to use him as a very minor character, just using him every once in a while. Now he's becoming more of a main character. I guess, when old main characters leave (like Jason, possibly) new main characters need to be made. I like it though, Edwin is a good character and I like Shakespeare a lot. Who knows, we could be seeing Edwin as a Whit's End regular. (that is if Whit's End can survive this season)Of course, it could just be that this season just had a lot of play or theatre episodes and they will continue to use him as they have, but it's seaming to be a possibility that he will be used more often.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I've been kinda diapointed lately with the new odyssey episodes! They aren't up to there normal standards. They seem like they were made a while ago like the don't have the best scrips and the sound effects aren't good.

Well I just really haven't liked them!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
These have been some of the best episodes in a long time! The scripts are great, the sound effects have been quality and this is just great Odyssey.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

I thought this was one of the funniest episodes in quite a while. :D Instead of a review, though, I'll post a list of some of the most memorable moments:

-- "There is no man more sophisticated...and complex...than R...Edwin...Blackgaaaaaard! Hahahahahaha!"

-- "I didn't think a four-digit I.Q. was...possible." Such a classic Trent line.

-- "You don't wanna? Oh, dear me, how sad! Shakespeare, fetch me my violin!"

-- "As long as men can breathe, and eyes can seeeeee, there will never be man...more valiant than thee."

-- "Da-daaa, da-daaa, da-daaaaaaaaaaa..."

-- "Well, Eugene, what do you think?" "Uh..."

-- "People listen to the radio to hear drama! ("Drama!") Crisis! ("Crisis!")"

-- "It's unthinkable! It's like..." "Like you're doing exactly what he hired you to do!"

-- "Out of my way, Shakespeare...I have creativity to unleash!!"

-- "Fine, then. A little innovation is needed. I'll play Bertha!"

-- "Oh, bother with the script. It was written on yellow paper with Sans Serif type."

-- "I thought the play was...the best I had ever seen you do." Sounds strangely like the critic from Ratatouille. :)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

The whole thing was hilarious! It was great hearing a show with Marvin, Trent, and Mandy all in it. And of course, I always love to hear Edwin and Shakespeare! :rofl: Definitely a five star episode!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

i think it was the best episode of the season, so far anyway! =D> i actually stayed awake through the entire episode! :D yup, definitely one of the best.
Last edited by snubs on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I thought that the episode was very good. I too love it when Marvin, Trent, and Mandy all play major roles in the same episode. It was very funny at some times. I agree that these Odysseys have been better than those in the recent past. Personally, I prefer the one episode Odysseys than the 2 or 3 parters due to the fact that the story gets summed up in reasonable timing. This was very good and I hope to see more like this in the rest of the season.
I do what I do.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Not too bad of an episode. I liked how we heard from Edwin. The Trent and Mandy thing going around...man, I liked that. I thought it hilarious! Sounds like me and Garrett...literally.

I heard a reference to "The Ill-Gotten Deed". Other than that...I don't remember any other reference's in this episode. Though, seems funny that the next episode it to be "The Forgotten Deed", going off "The Ill-Gotten Deed". Weird connection.

Awesome episode, I give it 4/5. Can't wait for the next one!
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

We did hear some rather obvious references to the founding of Odyssey (which was told in greater detail in "The Ill-Gotten Deed"). There's some great continuity - like the fact that Phoebe is still the name of Horace's wife. And we get to hear whom Gower's Field was named after. But there are some excellent subtle references for fans - like Edwin trying to put on a radio play ("Terror from the Skies"), impress a critic ("My Fair Bernard"), and teach kids how to act ("A Class Act"), as well as kids changing up a play ("The Taming of the Two" where Nick and Xavier took a Shakespeare play and adapted it, although this was reversed here with the founding of Odyssey being Shakespeare-ized at first).
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

epic123 wrote:I've been kinda diapointed lately with the new odyssey episodes! They aren't up to there normal standards.
Define "normal standards" for me, please.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

noname wrote:But there are some excellent subtle references for fans - like Edwin trying to put on a radio play ("Terror from the Skies"), impress a critic ("My Fair Bernard"), and teach kids how to act ("A Class Act"), as well as kids changing up a play ("The Taming of the Two" where Nick and Xavier took a Shakespeare play and adapted it, although this was reversed here with the founding of Odyssey being Shakespeare-ized at first).
Good points, I hadn't thought of those.

I wish the writers would stop hinting at Trent and Mandy's eventual marriage. It was a fun surprise when we first heard about it in The Present Long Ago, but I don't think that issue should keep popping up. They're only in high school, and won't be married for many more years. It's like the writers are trying to say, "Hey! Hey! Look at us! We're referencing one of our own shows! We've got continuity!" More subtlety would have been in order, but I guess that's out of the question after this episode.

That being said, I did like how they were desperately trying to quell rumours of their relationship. O:)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Boswell wrote:I wish the writers would stop hinting at Trent and Mandy's eventual marriage. It was a fun surprise when we first heard about it in The Present Long Ago, but I don't think that issue should keep popping up. They're only in high school, and won't be married for many more years. It's like the writers are trying to say, "Hey! Hey! Look at us! We're referencing one of our own shows! We've got continuity!" More subtlety would have been in order, but I guess that's out of the question after this episode.
I'm confused. Aside from The Present Long Ago, how many times have the writers referenced their future marriage? Also note that The Present Long Ago aired over three years ago. One reference per year would hardly be considered a nuisance and I don't even think they've even mentioned it that many times.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Boswell wrote:I wish the writers would stop hinting at Trent and Mandy's eventual marriage. It was a fun surprise when we first heard about it in The Present Long Ago, but I don't think that issue should keep popping up. They're only in high school, and won't be married for many more years. It's like the writers are trying to say, "Hey! Hey! Look at us! We're referencing one of our own shows! We've got continuity!" More subtlety would have been in order, but I guess that's out of the question after this episode.
I'm confused. Aside from The Present Long Ago, how many times have the writers referenced their future marriage? Also note that The Present Long Ago aired over three years ago. One reference per year would hardly be considered a nuisance and I don't even think they've even mentioned it that many times.
There was "Mums the Word". But I agree Trent, I don't mind the references either. ....The whole thing is rather comical to me. :D
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

It was ok i dont really like how they have all of this lovey da stuff but it was Almost Purley Awsome.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

epic123 wrote:I've been kinda diapointed lately with the new odyssey episodes! They aren't up to there normal standards. They seem like they were made a while ago like the don't have the best scrips and the sound effects aren't good.

I agree sort of.
I thought some of the episodes were good but the scripts just fel wierd for me.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Mr.Whit wrote:
epic123 wrote:I've been kinda diapointed lately with the new odyssey episodes! They aren't up to there normal standards. They seem like they were made a while ago like the don't have the best scrips and the sound effects aren't good.

I agree sort of.
Thank You! Finally someone agrees with me!! \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

epic123 wrote:
Mr.Whit wrote:

I agree sort of.
Thank You! Finally someone agrees with me!! \:D/
Hey epic, could you answer my question up there?
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I thought it was a good episode. It was cute, a good story, a moral, and a glimpse into the past.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth