636: A Class Reenactment

Review it.

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars y0.

5 Stars: Purely awesome
45%
4 Stars: Almost purely awesome!
29%
3 Stars: Medium awesomeness
21%
2 Stars: Lacking awesomeness..
5%
1 Star: Nope, no awesomeness. :(
No votes

Total votes: 42

Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I loved it! AIO team is finally grabbing my attention and keeping it during the whole episode. I was actually crying from laughing so hard during the sword fight scene. But I am so jealous of Mandy, I liked Trent first! :evil:

:anxious:
Jesus_Chick28
Lurker

Post by Jesus_Chick28 »

it was pretty good! I'm glad Mandy is back to normal and not having any problems anymore :) It was nice too here from Trent too. Also Edwin is always a crack up...But i have to say te new episodes seem different. Not in a bad way but they just seem different, my opinion tho...
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

noname wrote:-- "You don't wanna? Oh, dear me, how sad! Shakespeare, fetch me my violin!"
:boohoo: = Edwin
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Taq wrote:
noname wrote:-- "You don't wanna? Oh, dear me, how sad! Shakespeare, fetch me my violin!"
:boohoo: = Edwin
I immediately thought of that smiley when I heard that part. :lol:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

The absolutely loved this episode! Edwin was his usual dramatic self, and had so many funny lines. I enjoyed his first attempt at the story of Odyssey, with a dramatic swordfight. :D I also enjoyed hearing more from Mandy and Trent...it's really only the second time since "The Present Long Ago" that their future marriage has been referenced. I was laughing throughout the episode, and I thought it had a good moral and a very entertaining story. 5 stars!
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I loved the sword fight :duel: \:D/ =D>
Save Eugene in the character competition!
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

You guys have made some excellent points in reference to Edwin's personality from "My Fair Bernard", "A Class Act" and "Terror From the Skies". I have loved hearing from Edwin this season, although when he throws Mr. Banquo's (if that is how it is spelled?) newspapers in the fire he sounds like Regis. Another funny quote to add would be "I don't tell you about hair scrunchies and you don't tell me about directing" or something like that. I can't remember the last time I was into hair scrunchies but if I was I would laugh if Edwin said such a thing to me.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Decent episode. Mandy learned about the fear of man, worrying about what others think--good lesson. I liked Connie in the teaching/mentoring role. Edwin was his usual funny self.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I thought it was lacking in comedy and drama. I don't think I even smiled when listening to this episode. I did like the Shakespeare references, though (Duncan Banquo--I almost smiled at that =D> ). 3/5
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

amyinodyssey wrote:Another funny quote to add would be "I don't tell you about hair scrunchies and you don't tell me about directing" or something like that. I can't remember the last time I was into hair scrunchies but if I was I would laugh if Edwin said such a thing to me.
Yes, scrunchies with the rolled R was quite good! \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

:!: I LOVED this episode! It bumped 'The Y.A.K. Problem' out of my top 3!!!! It's nice knowing how Trent and Mandy's relationship turns out :inlove: , but you still don't know the whole story yet. I look forward to more episodes like this. :cheerleader: A total 5/5
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

NO STARS!!!

A cheap ripoff on The X-Files.

Quote from The X-Files:
MULDER: You... were my friend, and you told me the truth. Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant... my touchstone.

SCULLY: And you are mine.

Quote from this episode:
MANDY (AS BERTHA): You're my best friend, Wolfgang. How could I live anywhere without you? You're my constant and my touchstone.

TRENT (AS WOLFGANG): And you're mine.

I mean, come on, the dialogue in this episode was lifted almost word-for-word from The X-Files (The episode this quote was STOLEN from was The Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati.) You know what they call taking quotes without acknowledging the sources? PLAGIARISM!!

I know that the Novacom saga was somewhat inspired by The X-Files, as stated by this interview. http://www.aiohq.com/articles/qanovateam.htm And that's fine, I mean it's not like Novacom was based directly on a specific X-Files episode.

Then in the episode where Connie and Wooten go looking for the missing clown (I think it's Around the Block), Wooten tells Connie that "The Truth Is Out There," which is a tagline from The X-Files.

And then, of course, this ep, which I think is pathetic.

Which is really too bad, because other than that, I kinda liked this one.

Honestly, I can't decide whether to laugh or get mad. I mean, it's kinda funny that AIO is ripping off such an obscure show. Especially since X-Files, while not x-rated or anything, probably isn't a show that many of the listeners have seen. But on the whole, I'd say they shouldn't be ripping off stuff from a TV show, especially The X-Files (which is way cooler than AIO). Maybe Chris Carter will sue them.

Okay, that ends my rant. Sorry, people, no offense meant.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Okay, Crazy 4 Pugs, I can't tell if you liked the episode or not! First you go ranting on about how you don't like the X-Files reference and give it zero stars, then you say you like it. Make up your mind already! :mad:

And what kind of a AIO fan are you if you'd say that X-files is better that AIO on AN ODYSSEY FAN SITE!? AIO ROCKS! :bang:

Double post combined...please use the edit button if you have more to say. Thanks! ~HB
Crazy 4 Pugs

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I didn't like the ep. And The X-Files is better than AIO.

:yes: :neener:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Your evil Crazy 4 Pugs, evil like the cyborg emoticon:
:borg:

ODYSSEY RULES!!!!!
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave::thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave::thewave:
Crazy 4 Pugs

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

lol, I didn't know what I was starting here.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Official KODY 105 opinion: This episode is awesome! I like the large cast, as well as the frame story. The egotism of Edwin Blackgaard is humorous! To integrate three storylines into one is a mark of excellence: Edwin's longing to prove himself to the critic, his struggle to appease Eugene as the representative of the Odyssey Historical Society, and Mandy's and Trent's developing friendship. These three storylines all make this episode one of my top picks. It appears often in my playlist.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I really like this episode. What do you guys think about the music in the giving Odyssey a name part?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

In the first draft of Edwin's script, Mandy says, "Oh, Wolfgang! So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see, there shall never be a man more ... *ahem*... valiant than thee!"

The line in italics is a quote of Shakespeare. Just today I read his Sonnet 18, the famous one about "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" The last two lines are "So long as men can breath or eyes can see/So long lives this, and this gives life to thee."

I guess Edwin was trying to pepper his script with classical theater!

EDIT: The music in the "naming Odyssey" part was great! It was very much like the Odyssey theme. It also had birds chirping as if they were in a park. As Edwin closes the narration, the music swells with a hint of the closing of the Adventures in Odyssey theme! But then I think I hear a tape player stop button being clicked...

Marvin, as Horace, says the famous line, "It's in a beautiful valley-- a place that everybody...-- everybody ought to see!"

The historical (the founding of Odyssey), present (the Best Small Town Competition), and future (Trent + Mandy) contexts make this episode one of the best ever!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

KODY 105 wrote: The historical (the founding of Odyssey), present (the Best Small Town Competition), and future (Trent + Mandy) contexts make this episode one of the best ever!
Amen! \:D/ I love this episode.