637: The Forgotten Deed

Reviews.

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many of them stars?

5 Stars: Yay!
66%
4 Stars: Very good.
21%
3 Stars: Good.
14%
2 Stars: Somewhat lacking.
No votes
1 Star: Yeah, whatever.
No votes

Total votes: 29

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

My favorite episode this season, hands down. I loved all the references to past shows - very nostalgic and even a little emotional for me. This season is a good reminder of why I love Odyssey so much.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

amyinodyssey wrote:I am so happy that the land around Whit's End issue is finally resolved! Of course this morning I was thinking about the significance of how much one dollar plays on Odyssey:

- One dollar is the amount that Wooton got from his grandfather in "Bassett Hounds"
- (If I can remember correctly) One dollar is how much Rodney got for suing Whit's End in "A Victim of Circumstance"

And now one dollar is how much Whit gets to purchase the land around Whit's End for.
That's because I think it's a legal thing. It's kinda like a minimum amount... you can't sell something for zero dollars, but you can sell it for $1. I think it is sometimes also standard to give $1 in a will or as a settlement for legal reasons.

Good episode, and good incorporation of the separation of church and state issue. Very relevant!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

amyinodyssey wrote:Remember that part where everyone is listening to the quiet hoping they will hear the memories. If they did flash back I would have been crying more that just a few tea spoons of tears but more like a quarter of a cup!
That was a very touching scene, how everybody wanted to spend the last night of Whit's End in the building. And if they had heard the memories, I, too, would have completely broken down.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Darcie wrote:
amyinodyssey wrote:I am so happy that the land around Whit's End issue is finally resolved! Of course this morning I was thinking about the significance of how much one dollar plays on Odyssey:

- One dollar is the amount that Wooton got from his grandfather in "Bassett Hounds"
- (If I can remember correctly) One dollar is how much Rodney got for suing Whit's End in "A Victim of Circumstance"

And now one dollar is how much Whit gets to purchase the land around Whit's End for.
That's because I think it's a legal thing. It's kinda like a minimum amount... you can't sell something for zero dollars, but you can sell it for $1. I think it is sometimes also standard to give $1 in a will or as a settlement for legal reasons.
It's true it's a legal thing--we talked about that in my law class. Of course, I can't remember exactly what the deal is as that was a while ago, so I can't say exactly what's required ;)

This episode also inspired my fingers to do some dancing on the keyboard, and as soon as tomorrow's exam (which I haven't started to study for yet!) is out of the way I shall post a full review.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

So they just played this on the radio, and I was wondering.. Does anybody else feel that, except for the best small town and time capsule arc, this episode, or at least the ending, would've been the perfect end for the whole show?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

DanP740 wrote:So they just played this on the radio, and I was wondering.. Does anybody else feel that, except for the best small town and time capsule arc, this episode, or at least the ending, would've been the perfect end for the whole show?
I've heard that said. One thing's for sure; if any scene in Odyssey history was set up to close the series, it would be the last scene of this episode.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent