640: Rights, Wrongs, and Winners

The officially official review thread.

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What would you like to rate this episode?

5 Stars: I'm lovin' it!
36%
4 Stars: Good..
39%
3 Stars: Well, whatever. Average. :)
21%
2 Stars: Less than stunning.
3%
1 Star: I hate AIO so much I'm going to vote this! (Not)
No votes

Total votes: 33

Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Lol, yeah.

*Smaug decides to weird out all her friends by answering her phone like Wooton* \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I thought the same thing!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

This episode was SWEET! I love Wooten, he's like my soulmate!

:offtopic: The thing is though, IS AIO COMING TO AN END?!!:eek!: X_X :bye: I mean, Whits End's controversial ownership is sorted out :lawyer:, Trent and Mandy are on the right trail :inlove:, and now Wooten's secret is out :disco:! Are there any other issues that need to be tied up? Everything seems to be at its end! Don't let our beloved radio show die! LONG LIVE ADVENTURES IN ODYSSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:The thing is though, IS AIO COMING TO AN END?!!
No. The show is going on hiatus. Unless Marshal and Nathan are lying to us--which I highly doubt to an astronomical degree--hiatus doesn't equal "the show is ending".
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I know that, but it could mean the end. Isn't the hiatus taking place so they can 'rethink the future of Odyssey'? I'm just sayin', they seemed to have 'wrapped up' pretty nice and it IS their 50th volume, after 20 years. Wouldn't it be a convenient set of numbers to quit on? :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:I know that, but it could mean the end. Isn't the hiatus taking place so they can 'rethink the future of Odyssey'? I'm just sayin', they seemed to have 'wrapped up' pretty nice and it IS their 50th volume, after 20 years. Wouldn't it be a convenient set of numbers to quit on? :-k
All of what you wrote is true.

That still doesn't mean AIO is ending. I'd be very surprised if it did end.
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

DanP740 wrote:They shouldn't of revealed Wooton as the writer to everybody. It just doesn't seem right.
I said the same thing (to myself that is).And why did Harlow Doyle say he was the writer for some reason :hithead: . 4 stars :boohoo:

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Rodenyrathbone wrote:
DanP740 wrote:They shouldn't of revealed Wooton as the writer to everybody. It just doesn't seem right.
I said the same thing (to myself that is).And why did Harlow Doyle say he was the writer for some reason :hithead: . 4 stars :boohoo:
Because someone else said it first and Harlow, being several sandwiches short of a picnic, thought that this was true ;)

Personally I didn't like that Wooton was revealed as the writer of Powerboy. There were several ways to show Harlow wasn't the writer and still keep the secret.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:I know that, but it could mean the end. Isn't the hiatus taking place so they can 'rethink the future of Odyssey'? I'm just sayin', they seemed to have 'wrapped up' pretty nice and it IS their 50th volume, after 20 years. Wouldn't it be a convenient set of numbers to quit on? :-k
And the last episode, The Imagination Station Revisited I&II, features Kelly going on an Imagination Station adventure, the theme is Salvation. That's another loose end that could possably get tied up. AIO is not going to end, though.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I was expecting more from this show. However, hearing Harlow Doyle was nice. Probably one of the worst from this season, but still entertaining enough. 3/5.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Wooton brings his famous, jovial style to this episode. He is the reason that Odyssey loses the "Best Small Town in America" contest. We'd rather have him than win any old contest, though! Wooton is willing to leave, but the townsfolk vote to keep him here and allow Sunshine Beach to win. Shame on you, Margaret Faye! People are more important than some dumb contest.

How on earth could Harlow actually think he is the author of PowerBoy? He doesn't even know how to spell "Icabodia!" (do any of us?) Wooton needs to be more careful with the mail he delivers. Maybe he could learn a lesson from his substitute whatever-his-name-his.

Wooton: "In order for Odyssey to win the contest, I have to leave the country for a year."
Eugene: "Wooton, moving to Odenton hardly qualifies as 'leaving the country!'"
Wooton: "Oh. County then. I get those two mixed up a lot. I guess that's why I always take those weekend trips to Switzerland."
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I love those lines you quoted; 'tis one of the best parts of the episode! :D
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Amethystic wrote:I love those lines you quoted; 'tis one of the best parts of the episode! :D
Just wondering: why do you say " 'tis" instead of it is? Is it easier and shorter? Or do you prefer the traditional English?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:
Amethystic wrote:I love those lines you quoted; 'tis one of the best parts of the episode! :D
Just wondering: why do you say " 'tis" instead of it is? Is it easier and shorter? Or do you prefer the traditional English?
'Tis my weird ToO posting thingie. I also use words such as 'peeps', 'dipwad', 'mundo', and 'awesomistical'. \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Amethystic wrote:
KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:
'Tis my weird ToO posting thingie. I also use words such as 'peeps', 'dipwad', 'mundo', and 'awesomistical'. \:D/
(When will I not be so new here?)
What is 'dipwad, and 'mundo?' I think mundo might come from the Latin mundi which means world. I think I can guess what 'awesomistical' is.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

5 stars!!! \:D/
This really shows the true heart of odyssey!
I LOVE WOOTON :bounce: