640: Rights, Wrongs, and Winners

The officially official review thread.

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What would you like to rate this episode?

5 Stars: I'm lovin' it!
36%
4 Stars: Good..
39%
3 Stars: Well, whatever. Average. :)
21%
2 Stars: Less than stunning.
3%
1 Star: I hate AIO so much I'm going to vote this! (Not)
No votes

Total votes: 33

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

640: Rights, Wrongs, and Winners

Post by J-man »

Review Rights, Wrongs, and Winners!

I somewhat enjoyed this episode.. Other than the fact that it had Harlow in it.. :noway: Of course Wooton is always good, but.. I dunno. Just not my favorite. Did anyone notice that the judge sounded familiar? He sounded like that boss from Nothing but the Half Truth. \:D/
Last edited by J-man on Sat May 10, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I hate marquees.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ugh, you just beat me to it. :noway: You can delete my thread.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Uh.. heh. *rushes off to do that*
...I hate marquees.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

J-man wrote:Uh.. heh. *rushes off to do that*
too late! I win! \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Great Episode but finally everyone knows that Wooton is the writer of Powerboy comic book and i liked that the Odyssey decided to let wooton come back even though they lose but overall 7/5 \:D/
Save Eugene in the character competition!
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I'm stunned! I really thought that Odyssey was going to win the best small town in America contest! Now I haven't actually been to Sunshine Falls (I think thats what the name is) but I was hoping that the end would be something like Odyssey wins because Sunshine Falls cheated on something. And when it comes to showing your heart who could do better than Odyssey? I think that what Odyssey did for Wooton definitely qualifies as showing your heart. To demonstrate love for your neighbor even if it means sacrificing something.

On another note: I was also surprised that they finally revealed Wooton as Power Boy's author. Or when Harlow claimed that he was the author that Grady would do something (considering he knows the truth).

I'm so scared for Odyssey. The season is coming to an end and then I will have to wait another century before a new episode comes out. I guess I can be happy that there are still more events to come in the land of Odyssey including the next few episodes and the live broadcast in Colorado Springs.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Hmmm...this episode wrapped up the whole small town competition nicely, but I guess it just wasn't as exciting or funny as a lot of the other episodes of this season have been. I was quite happy to hear from Wooton though, I was afraid that we wouldn't hear from him this season. It also had some funny parts, like the line about Bart wanting a recount and Wooton with the whole meal thing! So...4 stars I guess. :)
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I really like the Wooton admitting he is Powerboy thing. Very nice.

Does anyone else really like this seasons relatively new songs?? Cus I do. It's very close to sounding like the original music that was played between scenes for the Golden Years of AIO.
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

WOW!!! This episode was sooooooooooo good. It's the best episode since Wish You Were Here. (1994) Every other line was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. I've only heard it five times, but it is definetly going to be the first episode for me to completly memorize.

I loved the continuity too. Like Ed being Wooton's replacement, from Welcoming Wooton, which is really funny because both Wooton and Ed are both played by Jess Harnell. The ice cream skyskraper was awesome because the flavors (in the right order) were the same as when they were listed in For the Fun of it, also in both episodes there was a line about how the calorie count exceeding the recomended calories for a week. Also, the breakfast gong (also from For the Fun of it) was really cool. The sound of the fork on the pan makes me crack up every time.

There was two minor problems with it though. First, they said that he had written powerboy secretly for five years. In Welcoming Wooton (first aired in 2001) they mentioned issue 74. If he had already written issue 74 seven years ago, how could he only have been doing it for five years? Also when they were eating lunch the kookoo clock went off and it was nine o'clock. (you know your addicted to AIO when...)

Overall this episode was amazing! It's definetly on my top ten list! 12/5 stars (how many can I give it and have it still mean something?) :D

P.S. Didn't Harlow's Mom sound like when Dwayne pretended to be a girl in The Spy Who Bugged Me?
Last edited by King Butter Turtle on Sat May 03, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Great episode. I agree with many of the reviews - it was a nice end to the "best small town" storyline, but it could've been handled a bit better in some ways. I'm actually glad that Wooton was revealed to be the PowerBoy writer - bringing closure to that seemed appropriate for the season. And Harlow being clueless was SO Harlow. :)

Kudos to KBT for catching all the references - the main one that I found was the premise of the story, which sounded somewhat similar to "The Reluctant Rival," except on a larger scale.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

My favorite reference was at the beginning, when Wooton ordered a crazy ice cream concoction and Connie said, "I'm not sure I want to watch you eat that." First that reminded me of The Life of the Party when Tom was acting as Whit's ice cream taste tester... then I realized that that line came from somewhere else - Red Wagons and Pink Flamingos. "I'm not sure I want to watch you drink it, though" was something Jack said to Erica and Kim when giving them their orders \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I think Wooton's ice cream mountain has been mentioned before, hasn't it? :-k I'm trying to remember..
...I hate marquees.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

J-man wrote:I think Wooton's ice cream mountain has been mentioned before, hasn't it? :-k I'm trying to remember..
For the Fun of It.

And if it wasn't Wooton's ice cream mountain than it was another similar concoction.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

They shouldn't of revealed Wooton as the writer to everybody. It just doesn't seem right.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

LizzieG wrote:My favorite reference was at the beginning, when Wooton ordered a crazy ice cream concoction and Connie said, "I'm not sure I want to watch you eat that." First that reminded me of The Life of the Party when Tom was acting as Whit's ice cream taste tester...
Yes! That's my favorite conversation from "The Life of the Party"..."This reminds me of Joseph...You know, the cone of many colors."

I also was dissapointed that Wooten was revealed to be the Powerboy author. I liked having that secret. :( Oh, well.

Overall, I think it was a good episode, not great, just good. It was definitely the best way for Odyssey to lose the contest.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

King Butter Turtle wrote:The ice cream skyskraper was awesome because the flavors (in the right order) were the same as when they were listed in For the Fun of it, also in both episodes there was a line about how the calorie count exceeding the recomended calories for a week.
Whit "maybe you could give it too your dog"
Tom "I thought you liked my dog"
haha
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Wonderful episode! Best of the season! I really think that Wooton should've continued keeping his secret, and after he went public with it, I was afraid he really WAS going to move away!

And nothing can top Wooton's mobile phone's ringtone. ^_^
Marvin Washington
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marvin Washington »

I Think it was a good episode 5/5 \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

I just remembered one more reference, Harlow's coon skin cap collection is a reference to What Are You Gonna do With Your Life?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Boswell wrote:And nothing can top Wooton's mobile phone's ringtone. ^_^
And how he answers.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.