Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Vote!
***** Best ever! 46%  46%  [ 19 ]
****Good! 32%  32%  [ 13 ]
***Fair 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
** What were they thinking? 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
* Was that even Odyssey? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I luff polls! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
GODZILLIA!! 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
A BOWL OF BEAN DIP THAT IS MOLDY!!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 41
Author Message
 Post Post subject: 642: The Imagination Station Revisited: pt.2
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 am 
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:52 am

Posts: 703
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Review!
Mine is coming...

_________________
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Image
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:01 am 
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
User avatar
the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Posts: 9168
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 1,095.82
Bank: 4,500.00
IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! =D> \:D/ =P~ :D :cheerleader:

Wow, what's with the last few seconds!?

_________________
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:40 am 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Posts: 654
Age: 32
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
I think they did a much better job this week of making it a unique episode, and not an almost-exact-copy of "The Imagination Station."

While I still think that Kelly came to her salvation a lot more quickly and easily than she should have (like, look what Connie, Eugene, Aubrey and Grady have gone through before they finally got saved), it was a foregone conclusion. We all knew it would happen before the hiatus. I would have preferred for Elaine and Ed to be there instead of (or with) Whit; it would have been so much more meaningful.

And that last scene with Whit and Connie? That was CRUEL. We were already going to be antsy about waiting a year-and-a-half, but now that we've been left HANGING like this, I don't know if I'll make it! :pray:


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: ahhhhhh!
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:46 am 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 28
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
I can't wait nearly 2 years for another season of AIO! Especially, with that Connie and Whit scene. We didn't even get a preview of what it is! Thanks alot AIO staff. I liked the 2nd part a lot. I got goose bumps when Jesus was talking to Kelly at the end. Very good. I gave it a 4 stars cus I'm mad about the suspense I must endure.

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:51 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
Vote King Regis!

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Posts: 4702
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 108.92
I didn't get the last scene at all. Was it a cliffhanger that will be picked up after the hiatus? Did it just not work? Did Whit play a trick on Connie? Was that all it was Supposed to do? Was it a cliffhanger to be picked up in the Kidsboro series? Was it just for fun and will never be heard from again? Was it just to hear what people on the ToO thought of it? There's so many options. What was that all about?

_________________
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:59 pm 
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
User avatar
the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Posts: 9168
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 1,095.82
Bank: 4,500.00
Boswell wrote:
I think they did a much better job this week of making it a unique episode, and not an almost-exact-copy of "The Imagination Station."

While I still think that Kelly came to her salvation a lot more quickly and easily than she should have (like, look what Connie, Eugene, Aubrey and Grady have gone through before they finally got saved), it was a foregone conclusion. We all knew it would happen before the hiatus. I would have preferred for Elaine and Ed to be there instead of (or with) Whit; it would have been so much more meaningful.

And that last scene with Whit and Connie? That was CRUEL. We were already going to be antsy about waiting a year-and-a-half, but now that we've been left HANGING like this, I don't know if I'll make it! :pray:


I so agree with you!! It would have been amazingly meaningful had the Washingtons been there too. But, i liked how it played out.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! (Can't stand suspence!) #-o

_________________
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:15 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Posts: 548
Age: 31
Gender: Male

Cash: 119.78
Actually, I didn't really see it as a cliffhanger as much as a way of letting the listeners know before the hiatus that Whit is his normal self, inventing away (even "smaller" things, like Whit's Boredom Buster). It would be nice to eventually know what the radio did, but it would be even cooler if we were left to wonder...

Anywho, this was an awesome episode! I enjoyed Kelly's and Josiah's characters and the music, especially. It was interesting to see everything from the perspective of the high priests this time around, rather than the disciples and other "good guys."

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:48 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:43 pm

Posts: 284
Gender: Male

Cash: 49.24
The final scene reminded me of Jungle Jam, which happens to have been produced in part by Phil Lollar and Nathan Carlson (Richard Maxwell). In the remastered episodes, the credits song is followed by a second or two sound byte from or relating to one of the stories in that episode. That's followed by a guitar riff and the words "Fancy Monkey Studios," marking the end of the episode. In the story "An Elephant's Generosity," Nozzles the Elephant has a collection of absurdly complex button-bearing gadgets that he doesn't want to share. The end tag in that episode involved a button that "plays a little guitar riff and takes us off the air," which immediately gets pushed, ending the episode. Have a listen. Could it be that Whit's red button is actually the button that puts AIO on a hiatus?


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:49 pm 
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
User avatar
the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Posts: 9168
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 1,095.82
Bank: 4,500.00
Tim Peterson wrote:
The final scene reminded me of Jungle Jam, which happens to have been produced in part by Phil Lollar and Nathan Carlson (Richard Maxwell). In the remastered episodes, the credits song is followed by a second or two sound byte from or relating to one of the stories in that episode. That's followed by a guitar riff and the words "Fancy Monkey Studios," marking the end of the episode. In the story "An Elephant's Generosity," Nozzles the Elephant has a collection of absurdly complex button-bearing gadgets that he doesn't want to share. The end tag in that episode involved a button that "plays a little guitar riff and takes us off the air," which immediately gets pushed, ending the episode. Have a listen. Could it be that Whit's red button is actually the button that puts AIO on a hiatus?


Interesting thought, tim. :-k
(I LOVE Jungle Jam. Anyone else out there a fan?)

_________________
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:08 pm 
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Posts: 2745
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 0.00
Jellyfish11 wrote:
Tim Peterson wrote:
The final scene reminded me of Jungle Jam, which happens to have been produced in part by Phil Lollar and Nathan Carlson (Richard Maxwell). In the remastered episodes, the credits song is followed by a second or two sound byte from or relating to one of the stories in that episode. That's followed by a guitar riff and the words "Fancy Monkey Studios," marking the end of the episode. In the story "An Elephant's Generosity," Nozzles the Elephant has a collection of absurdly complex button-bearing gadgets that he doesn't want to share. The end tag in that episode involved a button that "plays a little guitar riff and takes us off the air," which immediately gets pushed, ending the episode. Have a listen. Could it be that Whit's red button is actually the button that puts AIO on a hiatus?


Interesting thought, tim. :-k
(I LOVE Jungle Jam. Anyone else out there a fan?)


Who isn't a Jungle Jam Fan?

_________________
Image
Save Eugene in the character competition!


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:46 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:03 am

Posts: 592
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
I'm waiting for my sister so we can both listen to it!

*******

It was so amazing! It seemed so real it made my sister cry and she's almost 16.



Double post combined - please use the edit button if you are the last poster and have more to say. :) Thanks! ~HB


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:15 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Posts: 647
Age: 35
Gender: Female

Cash: 567.86
Jared deWhite wrote:
Who isn't a Jungle Jam Fan?


AMEN!! One of the best radio dramas... The Pond reminds me of Jungle Jam a little.

As for "The Imagination Station, Revisited"--Although it's a story that can never be told too many times, I was dissapointed how similar it was to "The Imagination Station." Same story, same conclusion. And I didn't even like the imagination station's voice. I did appreciate Kelly's wish to exit the program. She knew what was coming up and she knew if she faced the truth she would have to make a decision and she didn't want to. Personally, though, I liked the ending of "The Imagination Station" better.

_________________
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:53 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:10 pm

Posts: 1756
Gender: Female

Cash: 326.05
Bank: 105.06
I really enjoyed the conclusion to "The Imagination Station, Revisited." Again, it was really interesting hearing the familiar story told from a different perspective. I liked how it was quite different from the conclusion to "The Imagination Station." Hearing it from a different point of view just makes the story new all over again. I thought the scene where Kelly kept trying to exit the IS was quite intense, but powerful as well. And of course, I really liked hearing her accept Jesus after being uncertain all throughout the two-parter. Really, it was a good way to end the 50th album. :D

Oh, and kudos to Rachel Fox and Benjamin Bryan for their excellent portrayals of Kelly and Josiah. =D>

_________________
Image


Last edited by H Tide on Wed May 21, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:53 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am

Posts: 28512
Age: 34
Gender: Female

Cash: 8,203.63
Bank: 1,958.31
The posts regarding double posting have been split off into a separate thread and moved to HH - click here to go to that thread if you are interested in continuing that conversation. :)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm 
Why am I even here?
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:19 am

Posts: 87
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
4 stars

I didn't listen to this all in one sitting so I didn't throughly experience it. I agree with a lot of what's already been said. I felt like there was something lacking in the end bit. Maybe it was poorly performed, or maybe it needed music. Overall good ep.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:11 pm 
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
User avatar
the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Posts: 9168
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 1,095.82
Bank: 4,500.00
I think it was well performed... But you're right, it would have been better with more music.

_________________
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:13 pm 
Catspaw knows all
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 12:42 pm

Posts: 780
Gender: Male

Cash: 10.76
I liked this episode very much, though I have not seen 'The Imagination Station' so I can't compare the two. I thought the scene where Kelly was trying to escape was very powerful.

I think the button that Connie pushed does one of two things; 1: It puts AiO on hiatus and starts playing classic episodes. Or 2: It transports Connie to Odyssey's 'possible' future.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:51 am 
Miss Whit's End
User avatar
Happily married to the love of my life :inlove:

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:07 pm

Posts: 10052
Age: 31
Gender: Female

Cash: 10.42
Bank: 0.00
I really enjoyed this and last week's episodes. I thought it was very powerful and appropriate to make another IS adventure about Jesus' death. Although I liked the original story with Digger Digwillow better, this was no less powerful in its message and portrayal of Jesus' love and our response.

_________________
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:30 pm 
I don’t know what I’m doing!

Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Posts: 13
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
Hi! I LOVED this episode! I really enjoyed it! Like I said in my introduction post, I have a lot in common with Kelly as far as how our mothers treated us. I haven’t listened to the Imagination Station yet, but I LOVED this episode! I started crying when the station wouldn’t let Kelly out and I almost started crying again when Kelly accepted the truth. It was amazing beyond words and it stands to be one of my favorite Kelly episodes!


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:33 pm 
I don’t know what I’m doing!

Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Posts: 13
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
I forgot one thing. I think Rachel Fox and Bennjamen did an amazing job in this two parter! Rachel especially. She was amazing! Her performance and portrayal of Kelly was incredible!


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.