211: The Mortal Coil, Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
ric
Isaiah 6

211: The Mortal Coil, Part 1

Post by ric »

Review The Mortal Coil, Part 1.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

I think it was pretty good.
~AC~
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

One of my favourite. Probably the best dramatic episodes. (And followed by one of my favourite comedy episodes! BEST INTENTIONS!!)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's hard to separate parts one and two and I usually include both as my "favorite episode"... but given the choice part 1 was better than 2 I think. Part 2 was good, but it felt thrown together to conclude the great part 1.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Part 1 was actually was made just in case actor Hal Smith passed away. But they decided to use it anyway. Part 2 does sound it was thrown together.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeppers.