625: Something Significant

Post reviews here!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars would you give Something Significant?

5 Stars
62%
4 Stars
23%
3 Stars
15%
2 Stars
No votes
1 Star
No votes

Total votes: 26

Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

625: Something Significant

Post by Kairi »

So, tell us what you thought of the episode! I'll post my review later.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
aiofan
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by aiofan »

This one for me is definitely a 5. I don't think I have heard a "5" episode in a while, but I seriously LOVED this one!!!

I had a feeling it would be a good one as soon as Whit said, "Imagination Station". "Yessss" I thought, haven't had an IS adventure in a while!!!

I knew that the girl at the first adventure was important, and I was racking my brain trying to figure out who she was. I was pleasantly surprised at the end!!! It was so heart warming. I love that song, though she is right, it is rather simple! But that is what makes it rather special.

I also would like to note that unlike another past episode about WWII...they didn't use the racial slur word for the Japanese. I really appreciate that, being Japanese American myself.

Did anyone else find it a little cheesy when the kids were singing the song at the end? Did it sound a little high pitched, and like not "real" kids were singing? I'm not dissing it though, I liked the whole episode, and liked the last few notes at the very end of the song.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I agree with aiofan! This was deff the best episode yet of this season! \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Yes, just being an Imagination Station episode made it a 4 or 5 star episode for me.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Awesome episode!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

5 stars. I loved it! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

5 for me.
i thought this episdoe was so cool.
It was interesting how they had JFK in the episdode.
They make episodes out of everything dont they?
Did this remind anyone else of a single vote it did too me.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I thought this was a great episode. It was good to hear from Trent again (his voice has really changed!), as well as an Imagination Station adventure. I liked how the episode, similar to When In Doubt, Pray, introduced three different stories and then went back to them one by one. The episode had a great moral of being used by God wherever you are. I also enjoyed hearing the history of Jesus Loves Me.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I promise to save most of my thoughts for the podcast, but man - I thought it was hilariously awesome that they used JFK in this ep. As soon as they mentioned the WWII part I knew it sounded familiar, and was trying to decide if it would involve a real person, or an Odyssey one. The thought did flicker through my mind that it would be really ironic if they used JFK in an episode but I pushed i out cause I didn't think they would. I knew for sure by the end of the second segment I think, and was positive when thy called him Jack.

Did anyone else notice how the actor suddenly got a New England accent rather randomly about halfway through the second (or was it third) segment. That confirmed it for me, but it also confused me and I thought it was a goof...until just now.

It seems to me that they might have just been trying to keep is identity a secret, so the more we heard from him, the more clues they added in (I.e. calling him Jack, then adding in the famous accent etc) Or I could just be totally over thinking this. ;)

When the accent appeared it seriously reminded me of the movie 13 days and Bruce Greenwood's portrayal of JFK....though apparently I confused him with Kevin Costner so now I don't remember who had the stronger accent in that movie...grrr.

Also - the day after I listened to it, I had a dr. appointment for my eyes and the doctor totally had a JFK like accent. Made my day!

\:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Mr.Whit wrote:5 for me.
i thought this episdoe was so cool.
It was interesting how they had JFK in the episdode.
They make episodes out of everything dont they?
Did this remind anyone else of a single vote it did too me.
Maybe not everything. I think they woudl and should do something for 9/11. That was something that affected and was an event in American history. But there are other things too.

I hope to listen to the episode. When I get to better internet. I'll have time, I hope.
Sounds interesting though.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

The whole thing with the significant things for God was very well presented. All of those people in my History book. It was good. But, it was just an average episode. Nothing overly special. So this episode gets 3 folding chairs out of 5.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

The voice of Corey Padnos really has changed. At first as I listened to the episode I thaught his voice sounded like Jimmy :noway: But then as I listened more closely I realized it didn't sound like Jimmy But only a little bit. :noway:
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I think its kind of sad that Trent's voice has changed so much... but at least it's even more awesome now... :inlove: ;)

I loved this episode, although it's my opinion that Amy Carmichal doesn't sound at all Irish. :noway: She kinda sounds Scottish... :-k

I thought the idea of the story behind Jesus Loves Me was cool, plus it was an IS ep so I gave it 5 stars, which I haven't given for a while. :D
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

Excellent episode! Five stars! And Corey Padnos'/Trent's (character) voice has changed for the better! :inlove: An excellent Imagination Station adventure, and an excellent lesson! Huzzah for Something Significant! \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I really loved this episode. I think that it was awesome that Trent was in this episode. Corey's voice has changed so much. I hope that soon we get to here more of the Mandy/Trent storyline. Overall, I thought this was great.
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
dsheets
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by dsheets »

This show was awesome. I say it's the best show so far this season, maybe even Kathy's best show. Hard to say. She's had some good stuff in the past. The whole JFK thing was pretty sweet. I wasn't expecting that. I was also glad that we got to hear a bit of history from India, rather than just England or the U.S. The singing at the end sort of reminded me of the Paws and Tales format, which I don't particularly care for. But it keeps with the tradition of other Odyssey shows about hymns. Great show! Five stars!
"If you casually cover your mouth with your hand, you will never put your foot in it."
-Danny Kaye
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

dsheets wrote:This show was awesome. I say it's the best show so far this season, maybe even Kathy's best show. Hard to say. She's had some good stuff in the past. The whole JFK thing was pretty sweet. I wasn't expecting that. I was also glad that we got to hear a bit of history from India, rather than just England or the U.S. The singing at the end sort of reminded me of the Paws and Tales format, which I don't particularly care for. But it keeps with the tradition of other Odyssey shows about hymns. Great show! Five stars!
I liked hearing a story from India too. It seems an Indian person actually played a part, as the name Patel showed up in the credits. Anyways, Something Significant was good. I deemed the episode too choppy the first time I listened but grew to appreciate it more the second and third times. Not only were the three history stories all neat, I liked how Trent's lesson was intertwined. He thought he had changed the program, ha.
Jesus_Chick28
Lurker

Post by Jesus_Chick28 »

i thot it was good, i gave it 4 stars. Trent's voice ahs really change alot!!!
the stiry was really interesting how one person made up Jesus Loves Me and never know how it would impact people's lives. \:D/ They have been making some good episodes this season. I just want to here more from Grady and Mandy!!!!! :D
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I really enjoyed this episode, I'd have to give it 5 stars. Generally, I'm a 3-4 star person. :-k
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I'd give it a four, because I liked the way it seamed together three different stories.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.